Help I can't stay off the fags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
You may want to try a different set up. What is it about your current set up that is not as satisfying to you as a cig (...)?

That's what cigs are called in the UK and other parts of Europe.
Ooopps Reread your statement, you already knew that.

I'm going to behave or retired1 will hit me with a hammer.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
There is a lot of down sides my doctor told me to give up I'm a type 1 diabetic

Ok. So, your Dr wants you to give them up. That is much different than you actually wanting to put them down. Seriously, if you don't really want to it isn't going to happen. I hate to be so blunt but, it is the truth.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I know this because my mother has many, many health issues that would tremendously improve IF she quit smoking. She has tried and failed for 6 years now at vaping and quitting the cigs. Yes, her Drs told her that she must quit. Thing is that she does not want to. Until she actually wants to, it isn't going to happen. Nobody or nothing will make you quit smoking. It has to come from you. Vaping can help tremendously.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I'm Type 2. Crap happens. I was sick and tired of cig effects.

Right. You were sick and tired of them. Different than someone telling you that you have to do it.

Not trying to be negative. Just offering my :2c: on what may be going on.

I do wish you luck!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I know that but I do want to give up, but I just can't kick the habit. I do prefer vamping to smoking just don't always get the hit from vamping

So, maybe you need a new set up? Others here will help you determine that. I have to go for now.

Good luck and keep at it!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok, few pretty typical things:

First, you actually have to want to quit. Gotta get past the 'magic wand' thing. Vaping isn't a magic wand - if you aren't really committed to quitting it won't happen.

Don't make the butts easy. They don't go on the desk, on the night stand, next to your easy chair etc. They go on the top shelf of an inconvenient place. Make yourself get up and go get one every time you really want it. If you have your gear at hand, but have to get up to get that cigarette... you might be amazed how lazy we all can be.

Are you vaping enough? It's a beginner mistake to try and vape the same way you smoked, with long lapses between vaping sessions. A lot of noobies have to work up to vaping enough, and vaping on a consistent basis throughout the day. Vaping isn't smoking: You don't get a fast buzz out of it they same way you get instantaneous gratification from a cigarette.

If key times of day produce craving fits consider having a second tank with the next higher nicotine level for those phases. For me that was first thing in the morning when I had bad craving fits, and the last couple hours of the day before bed. I had to use two different nic levels for my first four months to deal with cravings.

For a few people they just can't get past cigarette withdrawal without something beyond a plain nicotine liquid. If you think this is the case you want to look into NET - Naturally Extracted Tobacco - liquids.

HTH

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Also, not sure what ohm coil you are using in your Nautilus mini? If you can get one that has a lower number, it should give better "hit" Up your nicotine and keep the ecig in your mouth all day if needed. Seriously, whatever it takes to get you through those cravings.

Rather than leave the cigs on a shelf, leave them at the store. If you don't have them in your house, you have no choice but to rely on your ecig. Or, go to the store which hopefully takes too much effort ;)

You will get there. If you want to.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Try locking up your cigs, put them in a locked trunk or a container in the freezer for instance. If you want one you have to go to the freezer and smoke a frozen one or go to car and unlock the trunk 'boot'? :) I know how hard it is, but sometimes just cutting one a day helps, then a couple weeks later cut out another one. Keep on vaping and drink a lot of water. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread