Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
While meaning well, I think some are making this harder than it needs to be. I completely agree, if you aren't ready, it can't work!
BUT for many of us, regular nic juice just doesn't cut it! Look into the naturally extracted tobacco juices or the whole alkaloid tobacco's, these are more cigarette friendly juices that have more "kick" to them than the normal ejuices do.
I suffer from chronic pain, I live on meds that most people don't even realize exist! I still smoke, but I'm down from 2-5 PAD to 2-8 cigs a day, using NET juice.
Some of us need more than what regular e-juice can provide, and that's alright.
Try upping your mg to 24, see if that helps, but if it doesn't look into the other types of juices, I'm sure they will help you get over the hump.
Don't fight it, it's OK to smoke! Remember, it's not about how many you smoke, it's about how many you don't smoke! Don't beat yourself up over slipping! One day, it will all click, you will have a lit cig, then grab your vape and you will say "This is stupid, the vape tastes so much better, why am I smoking?" Then it's over!
Please, look into what I've suggested, I think/hope it will get you over the hump.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all

I have been vamping for about six months but still can't get off the fags completely, I'm still smoking about 10 a day.
I am using a nautilus mini with a cool fire 4 has anyone got any advice on how to quit the fags completely
Vape a higher mg ejuice those times you REALLY REALLY need a stinkie first thing in the morning, after coffee, after dinner.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
quitting the fags is not going to be easy. If it was i would not smoke nor vape anymore..

Kick up the nicotine if that's the issue, or get a better rig might make the transition easier. I also fail from time to time. I don't know why (because i'm weak?) but i still smoke a cig in the morning.. The rest of the day is just vaping. It's a mental thing that we all have to break.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Why do you have to quit completely?

I agree with the others that finding hardware and a few liquids that you really like is the first step. Sooner or later you will find something that you prefer more than burning tobacco, and you can choose to use that instead of the smokes. Each time you choose the vape over the smoke, will help make the next choice easier to make. Quitting smoking sounds so harsh and difficult, but feeling like you have the power to choose one over the other seems much easier.

I still remember the first morning (11-9-13) I didn't light a cig and chose the vape instead. I had the lighter in one hand and the cigarette in the other and just before I lit up, I realized that I really did not want that cigarette and put it back in the pack for later. I still have that pack with 2 smokes waiting for later, along with the 2 new packs sitting in the fridge. They are probably pretty crispy and nasty, but if later ever comes, I am prepared. Right now, I enjoy my vapes.

Good luck and keep trying. You can do it!

Reactions: Bonskibon

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
30 to 10 is great going i.m.o.

In the end, one day you just have to take the leap and hope you'll be all right.

Keeping cutting down, definitely use high nic at the crunch times and just keep vaping and enjoying.

Hangsen RY6 24mg (tobacco) was my morning vape during the whole period cutting down. Once past lunchtime, I never even looked at my rolling tobacco, it was just the morning.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Well first of all, don't feel like you're failing or anything. You've decreased your cigarette consumption by 2/3rds. That's great progress! That's so much better than the pack and a half you were smoking a day. You may find that you just naturally decrease to 0 cigarettes at a certain point. Or you might have to work at it. Hard to say. But I can give you a few tips.

There's no such thing as too much vaping when you start out. Don't worry, if you over do it, your body will let you know in no uncertain terms if you've had too much nicotine. But don't worry if you feel like your PV is glued to your face all day. Vape as much as you need to.

Raise your nicotine level to whatever you need. As high as you need. You can bring it down later, and probably will naturally. But for now, whatever you need is fine.

Find a flavor or two that you really like. This is easier to do if you make your vape more enjoyable than smoking. Along the same lines, you may want to look into tobacco extracts that have a more inclusive representation of tobacco than just nicotine. It's not exactly cheap, but worth it if it works for you.

nilesong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
Sector 001
I'd get some 24mg juice and don't be afraid to vape it like crazy! I couldn't do it without 24mg juice, especially during the day. After work, I use 12-18mg just because I vape constantly after work. Drink loads of water. And don't beat yourself up; you've made great progress! If you have a few smokes, so be it.

I didn't see what your setup is, but my main tank is a nautilus mini because i really like the tighter draw i get from it. It gives me the sensation (draw wise, if that makes sense) that i associate with smoking. It would have been much more difficult if I didn't have this tank. When I pair that with the throat hit I get from a higher nic juice, I'm completely happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Keep at it man. Progress is progress no matter the speed. What helped me kick a 3 PAD habit was a device capable of producing more vapor than I could take in. I tried quitting a few years ago with a little cigalike and small clearomizers but I might as well have been sucking on a McDonalds straw. Subsequently I went back to cigs. Now I've got a better setup and while it wasn't the easiest thing in the world, proper tools made the job much easier. I started with a flavored tobacco juice and within a few weeks I was more interested in the additional flavors than the tobacco. Good luck and don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread