Help! I hate my Smoktech SiD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Chaser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
San Jose, CA
So I have a K101 that I use for dripping exclusively and love it when I feel like dripping and bought a SiD just as a quick/fairly inexpensive upgrade for my eGo's. I hate it. The SiD. I have tried adjusting the voltage, wattage....my tank is a Protank II and it has a super tight draw and spits a lot. If it is too loose or too tight, it doesn't fire at all. There is little throat hit and very little vapor production regardless of what juice I use. What am I doing wrong? What is that sweet spot setting I might be looking for? I am ready to just suck up my losses and toss it in a drawer. Help!

2ndChoice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ventura,CA
Good to hear you got it worked out.
I have a SID on the way myself and am hoping for good things!

Its an awesome mod. It's my first and not my last but so far I like it. I use different voltage settings for different juices and different wattage settings for different juices. There's no one sweet spot with my SiD.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Glad you figured it out!

I have a SiD and love it.
I only ever used VW. I vape around 8w. I'm on RTAs and RDAs now, but i put a micro coil in my mpt2 and it worked like a champ!
I use efest IMR 2Ah batteries. They seem to do the trick! they seem to last me about 8 hours or so. I have 4 of them in a Intellicharger i4.

I should be getting my backup SiD in the mail tomorrow.

As far as the pin issue, you will know you have a problem when the resistance reads 999 or low load on a known good coil. check my blog post for my fix for the bad pin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread