Help I think I have Vapors Tongue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Delegal

Apr 30, 2015
Jacksonville Florida
Well, I think I have run into a major issue.

When I began vaping, everything tasted delicous, fruits flavors desserts everything taste good, now it tastes like a dry mouth disgusting vap, with a little burn, Basically its tasteless.

The vape hits good, good cloud, nice hit, but the taste is just blank, and I think it is effecting other things taste as well.

I just quit smoking two weeks ago two packs a day cold turkey, I now use an Istick50w with Sub Ohm 0.5 Aspire Atlantis tank, and I love the tank. I think I need some help please advise.....

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
It sounds like vapor's tongue to me. It won't last forever and there are ways to wake up your taste buds but I'm afraid I don't remember what at the moment. Maybe somebody else can help.

Edit: After doing some research here on the forum I found what worked for a few people.
1) Drink black coffee or smell coffee grounds. (Don't know how much to drink or how long to smell) :blush:
2) Vape unflavored ejuice for awhile.
3) Vape mint, menthol or cinnamon for awhile.
4) Try Biotene chewing gum found in the toothpaste aisle.
5) Brush your tongue when brushing your teeth.
6) Drink lots of water. If you think you are drinking enough, drink some more. :)

Edit:Edit: If you vape the same flavor all the time, this can lead to Vapor's Tongue. Switching flavors often should help prevent it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fiKnight

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Consensus has been 4-6 weeks before taste buds recover - for me it was 4 weeks but didn't realize it til week 5 :)

Other things get better as well - morning cough (your cilia in your lungs are no longer paralyzed) and lighter upper respiratory - but that takes months..... from all who have reported such things....

And if you just got the istick 50 and subtank, where before you were vaping something else when the tastes were better, you may be at too high a wattage - which can burn out some flavors and get a burn taste as well.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Could very well be vapers tongue or your atomizer may be to blame. Try a new head or another atomizer if you have it. If there is no difference then the only fix is time. Reducing your nic level can help IMHO. Take heart it will get better. Oh one other thing allergies affect taste may want to try higher VG juice. Make sure now that you are vaping to drink lots of water. A bit of lemon in the water also cleans the tongue and mouth.

Reactions: JeremyR

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
You've got some good advice. It happens and it will clear.

I liked to drink sierra mist, 7up, ect. It clears your pallette and relieves the film on your tounge. The bubbles feel greaton vapors tounge..... Also Brush more, drink more water!

Unflavored juice is good. Also one thing that leads to vape tounge is highly flavored juices. Many times you can reduce store bought juices to bring the flavor down and it still tastes good but doesn't wreck your taste buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread