Help, im new, i wanna drip to try juice, what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Sorry man, I was unaware you had 808D batteries.
It is still definitely a good decision to get another kit, whether it be a 510 kit or another 808D kit.
My favorite 808d shop is called "Altsmoke" and they have everything in 808d connection.
You should definitely check them out, they are the besttt 808d shop around.
They will actually give you a free battery if you buy 1 of their kits and post a pic of it & urself in the ALTsmoke free battery thread. They are still doing it, you'll just have to e-mail them after ordering your kit.

Its definitely a great idea to buy another kit though. You may not feel like you need more batteries now, but you eventually will. The cig-alike batteries last 6mo to a year tops. (if you are lucky) and you do notttt want to be caught with only 1 if 1 of your G6 bats die. Altsmoke has a PCC kit. (Personal charging case kit) The PCC is almost 100% necessary if you want to SOLELY use stick batteries. Seriously. You'll thank me later if you take my advice and buy a PCC kit from altsmoke. The PCC allows you to charge 1 battery while its in your pocket, while you use the other one. Its a grrreat and convenient invention. If your batteries ever die while your at work or out of the house, the PCC prevents this 100% and it'll charge 2 batteries many many times while your out of the house, right in your pocket.

If i'm not mistaken, their kits also come with 1 or 2 atomizers, so if you do buy the kit, it'll come with a couple 808D attys. But if you can't afford the 50-60 bucks for the kit now, I'm pretty sure altsmoke does sell 808D atomizers on their own. For 808D atomizers or super shorty cartomizers (both are great for testing juice... although the super shorty cartos do have filler material which can make juice flavors bleed into one another if you test multiple flavors in the same carto) you can also try MadVapes. They are like a vaping walmart. But definitely check out altsmoke man, they even have 808D eGo batteries that will fit everything you've got for your 808 stick bats now.
The deal with the free battery definitely sounds like a winner, I will most likely buy the kit next month but I will definitely look at getting 1 808 Ego battery & a couple atomizers for now. The site is under construction & says it will be back up today, so imma keep checkin, mean while I will go over to Madvapes & see what they got, thanks a million man.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Edit for above, I actually meant "smokelessimage" not altsmoke. Altsmoke is another great Volt supplier.
Oh ok, that makes since because their site is down too & says it'll be back up today, I've order cart caps from their site before so I already got an account, I will keep checking, thanks again.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
So if I decide to go all 510, I would need a 1 battery, 1 atomizer, a charger, & a drip tip correct?

I recommend you get an eGo-C TWIST battery (two actually).

They are about $20 each, depending on where you shop.....and they are AWESOME batteries. You can select the voltage you want, they fit nice in your hand. You can get 650mah or 1,000mah.

All together, you should get:

(2) eGo-C Twist Batteries (or 510 threaded battery of your choice)
(1) USB charger + Wall Adapter (or charger of your preference)
(1) Atomizer of your choice
(1) Drip tip of your choice

The reason I recommend an ego twist is because you can use it for just about anything. Atomizers, Tanks like EVOD BCC and Kanger Pro Tank...Cartomizers, etc. Its small enough to be a nice battery for indoor/outdoor use, or on the go....big enough to let a kanger pro tank fit on it comfortably.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
I recommend you get an eGo-C TWIST battery (two actually).

They are about $20 each, depending on where you shop.....and they are AWESOME batteries. You can select the voltage you want, they fit nice in your hand. You can get 650mah or 1,000mah.

All together, you should get:

(2) eGo-C Twist Batteries (or 510 threaded battery of your choice)
(1) USB charger + Wall Adapter (or charger of your preference)
(1) Atomizer of your choice
(1) Drip tip of your choice

The reason I recommend an ego twist is because you can use it for just about anything. Atomizers, Tanks like EVOD BCC and Kanger Pro Tank...Cartomizers, etc. Its small enough to be a nice battery for indoor/outdoor use, or on the go....big enough to let a kanger pro tank fit on it comfortably.
Thanks man, that sound good, maybe if I can buy 1 for a good price & buy another later it might work out, because I know I wouldn't use it that much right now anyway, I would only use it to test juices & in the future I will turn it up a few notches. Most of the stuff u named I never even heard of before, Im learning fast tho. So I will look & see if I see something good right now, thanks a lot.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hereal, that ego kit you posted is 25 dollars and you do get a lot of stuff with it, but most of the stuff is upsales.
And that is a regular ego battery, not an ego twist (variable voltage) battery. Which is fine, but not a twist.
I think you could hold off and buy a twist or spinner battery (same thing, different brands) in the future.

With vaping, you have to be careful to buy what you want/need, don't let this forum bring u on a goose chase.
Ego batteries do solve a lot of problems. They are larger and they can last 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 hours, or even all day.
There are different sizes of ego batteries, and the bigger (longer) the longer the battery will last.
There is 350mah, 400mah, 650mah, 900mah, 1000mah, and 1300mah. They get longer and longer the higher up.
Egos are great, and usually, I recommend new vapers skip the small cig-batteries all together and go for an ego.
But, I thought I had read that you were more interested in staying with the cig sized bats than anything else.
So, I strayed from recommending ego bats even though I know they will eventually be in ur future.
Every serious vaper that sticks to this forum, will eventually own eGo batteries, an eGo kit, or skip strait to mods!

If what you want right now is an atomizer to test e-liquids, I recommend you just get an atomizer!! lol.
But I am afraid for you because I know right now you've only got 2 cig-alike batteries...
And I know how cig-alike batteries can be flaky and break, or put you in bad situations where ur out of power!
SO I definitely do recommend u start thinking about either getting a PCC kit, an eGo kit, or a big battery mod.
But, that is all up to you. This is just a recommendation.

For now, I know all ur looking for is an atomizer. You should buy one!
Different carto brands use their filler material differently. I've found u can break a carto trying to remove it.
So I definitely recommend you just buy an 808D atty instead of potentially breaking a cartomizer. Up to u!
But you may want to buy a 3rd 808D battery along with ur atomizer for now, while u think about a PCC or ego kit.

(or even a big battery mod)

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hereal, that ego kit you posted is 25 dollars and you do get a lot of stuff with it, but most of the stuff is upsales.
And that is a regular ego battery, not an ego twist (variable voltage) battery. Which is fine, but not a twist.
I think you could hold off and buy a twist or spinner battery (same thing, different brands) in the future.

With vaping, you have to be careful to buy what you want/need, don't let this forum bring u on a goose chase.
Ego batteries do solve a lot of problems. They are larger and they can last 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 hours, or even all day.
There are different sizes of ego batteries, and the bigger (longer) the longer the battery will last.
There is 350mah, 400mah, 650mah, 900mah, 1000mah, and 1300mah. They get longer and longer the higher up.
Egos are great, and usually, I recommend new vapers skip the small cig-batteries all together and go for an ego.
But, I thought I had read that you were more interested in staying with the cig sized bats than anything else.
So, I strayed from recommending ego bats even though I know they will eventually be in ur future.
Every serious vaper that sticks to this forum, will eventually own eGo batteries, an eGo kit, or skip strait to mods!

If what you want right now is an atomizer to test e-liquids, I recommend you just get an atomizer!! lol.
But I am afraid for you because I know right now you've only got 2 cig-alike batteries...
And I know how cig-alike batteries can be flaky and break, or put you in bad situations where ur out of power!
SO I definitely do recommend u start thinking about either getting a PCC kit, an eGo kit, or a big battery mod.
But, that is all up to you. This is just a recommendation.

For now, I know all ur looking for is an atomizer. You should buy one!
Different carto brands use their filler material differently. I've found u can break a carto trying to remove it.
So I definitely recommend you just buy an 808D atty instead of potentially breaking a cartomizer. Up to u!
But you may want to buy a 3rd 808D battery along with ur atomizer for now, while u think about a PCC or ego kit.

(or even a big battery mod)
LOL A thanks a lot again man, u just made me calm down a lot, I keep forgetting that u said I can get an atomizer for the808D1's I already have. I guess when I went to the Smokeless Image & Alt Smoke page & seen they were still closed & went to Madvapes & seen they didnt carry 808 Ato's, I went on a whole other hunt lol. & for some reason when I think of dripping, I keep picturing a huge battery like an Ego or something. But ur right, imma just wait for Smokeless Image to open back up (which I already was anyway to buy their carrying case & more) & get a couple Ato's from them, in a month or so I will buy a Ego Twist. I already have 3 batteries, a 78mm auto, manual, & a 65mm auto. I got a PCC for G6 too, this is a picture of what all I had when I got my Halo kit Friday before last, I got more juice since this picture & definitely more on the way, so I gotta get that Atomizers cause I know every time u clean out a cart or a clearo, they get weaker. So it's a must I try the juices before I fill up anything. Thanks again man, I owe u 1.
hereal-albums-my-vape-life-picture208565-halo-g6-3rd-kit-i-purchased-my-3-weeks-vaping-i-ordered-3-batteries-1-midnight-blue-manual-78mm-1-midnight-blue-auto-65mm-1-black-auto-78mm-blank-carts-3-mini-tanks-pcc-drip-tip-i-think-thats-1-week-later-today-my-1-month-vaping-anniversary-i-am-1-happy-vapor.jpg

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
901 atomizers usually work on 808D batteries man, so, you could order a 901 atty.

SLB DSE-901 ecig atomizers
litecig also has a wide variety of cases. just search "cases" in the search bar @ top.

vvv- hey if it works, try it. but i've seen a lot of people have troubles w/doing that.

Last edited:

BadLar

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Calgary, AB, Canada
I second the notion of pulling the stuffing out of a carto, this is what my wife and I do with new juices to test them, one or two drops is enough to get a taste test, then I use the kitchen sprayer to force water through them, a couple of "thermometer shakes" to get the remaining water out, good to go for the next one. I am using 808 cartos as well.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
901 atomizers usually work on 808D batteries man, so, you could order a 901 atty.

litecig also has a wide variety of cases. just search "cases" in the search bar @ top.

vvv- hey if it works, try it. but i've seen a lot of people have troubles w/doing that.
Ok good looking out, I will try to give Smokeless Image a little more time to open back up, the site says May 13th, if now I will get the 901's, thanks again, I will definitely let u know how it went.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
I second the notion of pulling the stuffing out of a carto, this is what my wife and I do with new juices to test them, one or two drops is enough to get a taste test, then I use the kitchen sprayer to force water through them, a couple of "thermometer shakes" to get the remaining water out, good to go for the next one. I am using 808 cartos as well.
It will be probably another week or to before I have a cart to experiment on so imma gone & order the attys but I will keep that trick in mind, thanks a lot.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Quote Originally Posted by Plumes.91 View Post

I checked the cases on Litecig, I didnt see 1 that can compare to the 1 Smokeless Image got, so I gotta wait that 1 out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread