Help! I'm vaping cotton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@mwight - For the first 8 months that I vaped, I only used an old-school JoyeTech 510 cig-a-like kit and/or some of the batteries I mentioned above with little Vision Nano clearomizers (now discontinued) and some Innokin 16D clearomizers with 1.5 and 1.8 coils in them. I absolutely quit a 42+ year 1 - 1 1/2 PAD smoking habit with vaping while tapering off on my smokes...using just those things! Did it in 2 months with just the cig-a-like kit! Added the eGo type batteries and 16D clearomizers then, and kept using only the same stuff for another 6 months. Only then did I branch out and add a little tiny Eleaf Mini 10W box mod to what I had. Still use some of it even now at times...3+ years later!

You don't have to use higher power, more expensive power sources, nor big tanks or rebuildables, in order to quit and be satisfied. If/when you find something that satisfies you...and keeps you off the smokes (whether it's considered "old school" by others or not) = a winning combination for you! You can decide later, whether or not you want to upgrade to something bigger and/or more powerful and to different kinds of tanks! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: redeuce

lynn508

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
alabam
I just looked at that vista nova...looks like the vivi nova mini I bought from Fasttech years ago for about 3.00. They never worked very well back then. Suggest you find better equipment. Try a nautilus/ nauti mini and a more powerful battery. If you want slim try a 1300mah spinner/ego batt. At least the spinner has variable voltage.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've got an Aspire K1 tank sitting right here that I rotate during the day. Maybe older ones used to have a plastic base (IDK), but none of the 3 that I have do. They're all metal, and they work great with the BVC coil...both the 1.6 and the 1.8. I bought 1 to try for a week, then ordered 2 more.

I've also had several newbies to vaping try mine on both a 900mAh eGo and 1,100mAh eGo battery, and they work fine with the K1. You don't get big clouds obviously, but ...it's enough vapor to satisfy.

Fantastic help @JCinFLA

I do believe you are right. Further inspection shows my 'fail' Aspire mini clearos were in fact a lower level product (called something else... ??) and entirely plastic.

Thanks. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was only looking at it because of the wicks. I don't really like the look of it or the tip though. I have been looking at the Aspire k1, but I don't see how there would be a difference since it uses the same coil. I was also considering the Kanger ProTank 3 Mini and the EVOD Glass.

OK. So....

K1 is glass and those little bvc coils are pretty good.

Any sort of Vivi Nova is best left back in the past. (Unless you know that's your kind of vape)

Not all Protanks (or mini Protanks) are equal. Everything from no.3 onwards went dual coil.

I was asked to review the Mini 3 and Evod glass. As part of the review, I intended to test them on both a variable power battery and a standard eGo battery.

Let's just say the review never got done, because without the 'support' of a good battery, the dual coil protanks were rather disappointing.

I vote K1 out of that list.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@mwight - Are you located in the US? If you are, and will PM me your mailing addy...I'll send you a couple of the Evod Glass tanks with either a 1.5 ohm or 1.8ohm dual coil in them, for free. I got a bunch from a vendor during their July 4th sale, for a really good price. It's more than enough, so sending you 2 of them would be no problem. :)

Many of the people I've helped to switch from smoking to vaping, started with Evod Starter Kits, and 2 still only use that kit. The (2) Evod tanks and the (2) 900mAh batteries in it are still great for them, according to what they've told me. One other person has also added a Protank Mini 3 to her stuff, and she likes it, too.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I still have a few original Evods around here. Aside from the plastic tank and tiny capacity, they're flavorful little buggers. I also have at least eight Evod 2's that are now my goto juice testing tanks. Cheap, effective, flavorful, leak-free... And I like the dual coil heads. There's more mass to'em than the original PT and PT2 heads, so they tolerate higher wattage better.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
There is definitely more vapor from the Aspire tank. And, yes, it tastes like wet cotton. If you have ever had a tooth removed and the dentist packed gauze pads in your mouth, then you know this taste. But this is a stronger taste, like putting whole cotton balls in your mouth.

So, if it is even possible to take this coil apart and rebuild it, do you think that would fix the problem with the wicking being too tight?

I have rebuilt smaller and larger prebuilt coils before, it IS possible, but not recommended. It is tedious, and it may take several tries per coil. Here's a video of one person doing it. It's an older coil, but I think the whole idea is the same.

Doing several of these and you're realize how hard it is. A true rebuildable tank is MUCH easier.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread