Help me choose first TC mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Dear friends vapers. I'm looking for a new box mod. Since now I've narrowed my "choice" on two devices:
ijoy solo mini 75W TC
and
eleaf iStick Pico (75W TC).
I don't have experience with neither ijoy neither eleaf. Which one is sturdier and won't disassemble in first month. PICO has an SS option and is filthy cheap 40€ but that's what scares me..is it ching chong crap or a reasonably built device?
All advices are very welcome. Thanks and happy vaping.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I don't have any experience with either. I know that the Pico has only been available for a few weeks so it's durability hasn't been established yet. The people who have one seem to like the style and form factor.

There is a thread for the Pico. It's 57 pages already so you may want to skip the first 30 or so pages Eleaf iStick "pico"

Reactions: PpaStrmpf

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
If you're serious about getting into TC, my advise would be to find as many reviews on these mods and see what they say. Also go to websites that carry them and read reviews posted from people who bought them.

Make sure you use the type of wire the mod supports. There are different grades of SS and Ti that some won't read properly. TC is still new to some folks and is a finicky thing, but I can tell you it works as advertised if setup correctly.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Thank you very much. Yeah I've read the thread in moment it's more which paint finish they should or had ordered and how to charge a battery etc. Will be looking on it what comes later. Any positve feedback on solo mini? Someone mentioned battery cap and space between 510 thread that's question also melo3 is 22,1 it fits snug. Can we say that griffin or crius could pass there 2?

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
The Pico seems like a pretty safe bet, as does the Evic VTC mini. Or go for the Cuboid mini if you would like a build in battery. Thet are all made by the same company and use the same chip which many consider to be the best one in that price-range at the moment.

I really like what I read about the Coolfire IV 100W TC as well, I haven't seen too many Innoken users that aren't happy with their product anyways.

Non of these things are made to last a life-time but the ones above should be pretty reliable as far these devices go.

Reactions: shade7

shade7

Oct 17, 2014
Chicago
The Pico seems like a pretty safe bet, as does the Evic VTC mini. Or go for the Cuboid mini if you would like a build in battery. Thet are all made by the same company and use the same chip which many consider to be the best one in that price-range at the moment.

I really like what I read about the Coolfire IV 100W TC as well, I haven't seen too many Innoken users that aren't happy with their product anyways.

Non of these things are made to last a life-time but the ones above should be pretty reliable as far these devices go.

This.

Pico seems pretty nice for the money. Been thinking about getting one as a backup. Small & light.

VTC mini is a solid mod. Had mine for a while now, no issues. Plenty of firmware updates from Joyetec adding features.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016

Thanks I've read that wismec joyetech are sister firmas. So joyetech chip must be inside while wismec produces vaporflask for Vape Forward. You have wright they shouldn't last 4 ever if so it wouldn't be interesting. I'm a bit limited with choice here that's why I'm annoying. First mod must be good I don't want to dissapoint myself

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks I've read that wismec joyetech are sister firmas. So joyetech chip must be inside while wismec produces vaporflask for Vape Forward. You have wright they shouldn't last 4 ever if so it wouldn't be interesting. I'm a bit limited with choice here that's why I'm annoying. First mod must be good I don't want to dissapoint myself

I don't know where you live but companies like Gearbest, Fasttech & Heaven Gifts ship almost anywhere in the world as far as I know.

If you're worried about a long wait; this will probably cost extra but I won a price in a contest from Heaven Vapes recently and it went from China to NL in just four days with DHL!

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
Before I bought my Pico I also looked at the vapor flask lite. From my research and people's advise the pico, vapor flask lite, evic vct mini, and wismec presa tc 75w all use the same chipset. I didn't get many people who had experience with the vapor flask lite but the other 3 were highly recommend. The only reason I picked the pico out of them was the size.

The IVP d3 doesn't have upgrade firmware, if that matters to you, but was also highly recommend.

I only got the pico today so I can't give you much on my experience with it. Just some thoughts.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Thank you guys if I don't go crazy and jump to pre order SMOK H-PRIV I'll give try to evic mini it's adorable in white color. PBusardo gave it good review and on vaporflask stout (@same chip as lite) and beyondvape Centurion not so good. They can not go on a single 26650 100 W longer as few seconds. So all those watts on a single 18650 or 26650 is not possible.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
Vaping Kameraden I've opened pandora's box and have pre-ordered the latest SMOK H-PRIV box mod. Didn't want kit 'cause my obs crius is on the way. Now beggins the painful waiting time the official release is 5/10/16 so plus 10-20 days for shipping time...you can expect some "review" in june if german customs doesn't screw up something or chinese post. Oh btw I've ordered direct from smoktech. Saw cheaper on 3avape and cigbuy but wasn't enough couragious to try there. Thank you all on the help. I promise best possible "review" and some pics.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I have the TC60W and it's been a pretty decent mod. The TC100W has gotten good review so far, and while the Pico is fairly new, Eleaf have been pretty good for their latest devices. I'd consider a Pico myself as a backup but I find it so small that it's not as comfortable to hold as the TC60W, but being able to do the SS and other features is a good incentive.

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
I have the Cuboid Mini, EVIC VTC and the Pico. I would first recommend the Pico, then the EVIC VTC, and last the Cuboid Mini. The Cuboid Mini is a fun device to play with but not a good setup if you chain vape (it spits with the wrong juice and/or temp settings and gets very hot). The Pico is a great performer and the form factor is excellent. It works great with the Aspire Cleito tank too.

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
I have the Cuboid Mini, EVIC VTC and the Pico. I would first recommend the Pico, then the EVIC VTC, and last the Cuboid Mini. The Cuboid Mini is a fun device to play with but not a good setup if you chain vape (it spits with the wrong juice and/or temp settings and gets very hot). The Pico is a great performer and the form factor is excellent. It works great with the Aspire Cleito tank too.
Cleito hmm yes inexpensive nice tank now possible to use atom ceramic coils that could be nice setup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread