Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just to bring a little different perspective, as important as hardware may be, and you have lots of good recommendations, I'd advise spending a good deal of time finding a juice flavor she likes. You could use your REO as a dripper and have her sample several juices before deciding what she might like to vape. If she doesn't like what she's vaping she's never going to stick with it.

And the general disclaimer of you can't really force someone to stop smoking, only give them encouragement and support. You have some good ideas offered, and now you just have to see what will meet her lifestyle best.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Hey everyone,

Long story short my wife and I used to be heavy smokers and we both quit together. I've been vaping ever since but my wife would have the occasional cigarette now and then and now she's been buying packs again. I'm trying to convince her to give vaping a shot.

I squonk on reos and bottom fed rbas I don't see her wanting to do that especially as a newbie.

So what is a good starter kit out there today? I'd be willing to build coils and wick for her.

Many thanks!
The AIO or the subvod. The AIO is smaller so if you think she'd prefer something more compact that might be the best choice. It's easy to use, it doesn't leak if you don't overfill and it's inexpensive. win, win, win

Reactions: tazzle

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If your wife has any interest whatsoever in trying vaping.... I'd second the ask the wife, first. If she's at all willing to look at vape equipment she may end up enjoying the experience more (even if it's just checking out setups, online).

Also, ask the wife, because if she freaks out at you, you know it's not worthwhile to continue, at least not now, I don't think.

My husband, who is quitting, is doing somewhat well with it, and I'm glad I'm not shoving pictures of vape equipment in his face, LOL (he's doing it cold turkey, and he doesn't seem to be failing at all). That said, I'm not married to your wife, so maybe she'd enjoy the gift of something, I know my husband wouldn't but the situation isn't the same.... I would either make it a) fairly inexpensive and b) something you'd use as a backup if needed, so that you aren't wasting money, etc.

Good luck, I hope you can "convert" your smoker. Smokers are *hard* to convert if they aren't ready, I know I was.

Anna

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would say maybe a Smok mod and a TFV8 or the V12 with the RBA deck. She would only have to fill the tank and go. You could build her coils in the RBA deck or she could use the stock coils. You can find an Alien or a GX350 and the tank for under $100. Just google either Smok Alien kit or Smoke GX350 kit, get her some 18650's and I think she will be happy after she finds a good juice she likes.

I'm sure other people will come through shortly with their opinions and between all of us inner you will find a kit she will like and be able to get off the analogs.

Good luck my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As someone who smoked pack and a half+ a day for forty-eight years and after researching a month or so started vaping with a SMOK Stick V8 Kit, TFV8 not a bad way to go. I had my last cigarette at 2pm 12 days ago before I walked into the vape shop intending to quit smoking. Strictly vaping ever since. Do have a mod upgrade on the way, SMOK GX2/4.;)

For me I think a big part of the out of the gate success was really liking the nice pipe tobacco like smell and taste of the Western NIC Turkish Tobacco ejuice I started with.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
As someone who smoked pack and a half+ a day for forty-eight years and after researching a month or so started vaping with a SMOK Stick V8 Kit, TFV8 not a bad way to go. I had my last cigarette at 2pm 12 days ago before I walked into the vape shop intending to quit smoking. Strictly vaping ever since. Do have a mod upgrade on the way, SMOK GX2/4.;)

For me I think a big part of the out of the gate success was really liking the nice pipe tobacco like smell and taste of the Western NIC Turkish Tobacco ejuice I started with.

I don't use Smok products. I do have an mod upgrade coming though. I build unregulated mods and have probably 10 mods and 12 RDA's/RTA's. The mod I have coming is a 4s lipo box. Cost me $365 for the mod, battery and the charger. Probably will be the last mod I "have" to buy. Not saying it WILL be the last mod I buy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread