RDA Help me decide on ny next RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilcon666

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2014
Visalia CA
I'm on the fence about getting my next rda. I've got the Magma rda on my ipv 150 at the moment. I love the thing but the top cap gets too hot for me. I love to subohm at an average of .3 to .6 range. So the top cap gets hot fast. So I wanna try something else. I've got a Patriot rda as well. Anyways I was browsing around and narrowed it down to what I can get at the local brick and mortar shop.

PlumeVeil
454 Big Block
Stillaire

Main questions being
1. Any benefits one would have other the other? 2. How hard is it to build on it? (Size of holes, number of posts)
3. Is it more of a cloud or flavor chaser RDA.
4. How well does it handle subObhming

Sent from Blood Gulch Outpost #1 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Apostlyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
Nortampton, PA
I am running an Infinite clone of the PlumeVeil, 22ga Kanthal with 7 wrap dual coils ohming at .15. The airflow from three points on the RDA provides great flavor. I am running this on a brass M16 and performs pretty close to the 100w Sigs everyone else in my neighborhood uses. Dual positive post with room for some great twisted builds but not quite enough for claptons.

I voiced in because I too am looking for a new RDA and have not decided on one yet, but the Plume has been my go to for a couple months now.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
stillare isnt nothing special, i got one and its just some simple design with slot airflow. simple and clean but dont expect anything great about it. the 454 looks like overkill to me, unless you are really really wanting to try quad coil builds, and ive only heard negatives about the plumeveils mostly leaking issues.

If i had to chose one of the three though, id probably pick the 454 to mess around with.

if anyone is really interested in jumping the gun on a new atty. The Cigreen N23 from originvape looks like it has potential to be good, 30$ (Ordered one and should have one at the end of the week :p)

also if you dont have one yet, get a mutation X, thats my workhorse RDA. Easy to build, deep deep juice wells to prevent leaks and lots of airflow option. (I prefer the v1 type AFC, so it allows you to run it on 2 hole airflow if u want better flavor)

Last edited:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I've got stillare and 454 (clones)
Stillare: as posted above - nothing special. The post holes on mine are a tight fit for 28 ga, but its a $10 fast tech clone.
454: not sure maker, but bought it in the US at an event. top cap is THICK so it hangs on to the heat quite a bit. Its a hot vape and a tight deck to build on. It's built for vertical coils and I don't see an easy way around that. It's a pain to wick. Flavor is good, but its a hot vape with those thick walls and reduced chamber, even with all 4 airflow holes wide open on a dual coil.
I'd still be interested in trying a plume - i hear good things.

Check out some youtube reviews if you haven't already. There are some things that may be better. I don't think plume was on RipTrippers top 10 list, though I could be mistaken, and who really cares? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread