Help me optimize this apple pie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

highc1157

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Arizona
I used only these because I'm out of other flavorings and pretty broke at the moment so yea. Just needed a tasty apple pie because I have a surplus of these flavorings.

I have acetyl pyrazine (Tfa cotton candy) and other additives like sweeteners and I also have FA meringue laying around too. if you guys suggest those I can indeed use them. Otherwise I'm just hoping to balance this out more:

9% Tfa applie pie
1% FA cookie
2.5% French vanilla Tfa
1% whipped cream Tfa
.5% cinn Danish swirl Capella
1% dx caramel original Tfa

It came out good. I can't really taste much other than a sweet and subtle apple and a hint of the cookie when I constrict airflow. It's 70VG/30PG. It's really tasty; however, as a noob im hoping you guys can help me make it more balanced. I guessed at the percentages

Reactions: WoodChucker

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I used only these because I'm out of other flavorings and pretty broke at the moment so yea. Just needed a tasty apple pie because I have a surplus of these flavorings.

I have acetyl pyrazine (Tfa cotton candy) and other additives like sweeteners and I also have FA meringue laying around too. if you guys suggest those I can indeed use them. Otherwise I'm just hoping to balance this out more:

9% Tfa applie pie
1% FA cookie
2.5% French vanilla Tfa
1% whipped cream Tfa

It came out good. I can't really taste much other than a sweet and subtle apple and a hint of the cookie when I constrict airflow. It's 70VG/30PG. It's really tasty; however, as a noob im hoping you guys can help me make it more balanced. I guessed at the percentages

Looks like a Nice Recipe. How Long have you let it "Steep"?

BTW - TFA Cotton Candy flavoring is made from Ethyl Maltol.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN

9% Tfa applie pie
1% FA cookie
2.5% French vanilla Tfa
1% whipped cream Tfa

Can't help you tweak the flavors because taste is subjective. With that being said you might want to try adding a small amount of pie crust or brown sugar, As already said you might try changing the % a bit. I have been chasing Mom's Apple Pie for over a year. I do suggest you make a few 10ml bottles a little different from each other or maybe just adding a drop or two of flavor to your tank to see what that does.. Also like said try it with out steeping. Sometimes steeping helps other times it can hurt it. Let us know your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread