Help me pick best domain name please

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SMILIN, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SMILIN

SMILIN Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

I am working with my IT people, on new website. It will be ready in a few weeks. I am having a hard time deciding on a domain name. I would love some opinions, please. Here are some of what I own already....please tell me which you like best.

Vapor4life
    vape4life
    vapeforlife
    vape-on
    vapeup
    vaporgirl
    vaporguy
    vapor1
    no-bacco
    nubacco
    no-sigs
    no-sig
    smilinsmokeless
    smilinsmokers

Your input is greatly appreciated, as I am having hard time making this decision. I wanna make it fun, and meaningful.

Thanks in advance

God luck in your journey

Steve:shock:

2. CrystalLakeDave

CrystalLakeDave Senior Member ECF Veteran

I actually work as an account manager at a domain name provider. I would say that your best bet is to take the name of your product as well as any nicknames for the product and put it into a domain name. Always get the .com, .net, and .org so competition or paid parking does not take it. Vaporforlife sounds good to me. Sounds catchy.

3. Bulldog44

Bulldog44 Super Member ECF Veteran

I vote for vaporforlife and sync it and vapor4life together.

4. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

HolyVapor (instead of Holy Smoke)
    SmokelessSmoke
    Tokensmokeless
    Vaperator
    Vaporalarm
    Smokeinabottle

5. dc32

dc32 Full Member

if nobacco (without the hyphen) is available I think that's a great one, easy to remember and catchy

I don't like vapor for life because when someone is telling someone else about the site and is like "yo, check out vapor4life" they are not going to know if its vapor for life or vapor 4 life

I think the simpler, the easier to remember (not like vapor4life is hard to remember or anything), but you catch my drift

6. kalmakazee

kalmakazee Full Member

Hi Steve,

how are ya? :)

I am in the business of buying and selling domain names and in my honest opinion I would go with the domain name vapeforlife.com. My reason being that numbers and letters to people are confusing. Imagine trying to tell someone over the phone to visit your website and then having to clarify with them that the word "for" is actually the number "4." Easy to pronounce domain names with the correct spelling is easy to give to someone over the phone.

Hyphens in domain names are also NOT the best thing as it GREATLY confuses people. The reason I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that people use hyphens is because search engines count each word as separate. For example. If someone were to Google search "new cars" and you own the domain name "new-cars.com" you will show up on top of Google. Google counts hyphenated words as 2 seperate words which is why some people prefer an hyphenated domain name.

In case you are interested (and I am NOT trying to sound like a salesman, lol) I have the 2 domain names www.cig.info and www.artificialsmoke.com for sale which would be the PERFECT domain name for an electronic cigarette site.

If you would like to learn a little more about domain names you can visit my blog [COLOR="Blue"]www.domainer.me[/COLOR]

Please Note: Since I have been VERY busy lately with some other projects, it's been a while since I have last updated my blog with some new and relevant content.

I hope that my info helps. :)

7. SMILIN

Thanks for the reply's so far, I wish I could get vaporforlife, but, it was not available, unless one of you have it for sale reasonably. Thus vapor4life, I do have vapeforlife, though. :D

Appreciate the suggestions, and welcome them all:cool:

8. SMILIN

Thanks for the input, especially the hyphen info. Never new that. Can you get me vaporforlife? PM so so we can talk.

Steve

9. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

How about just 'Vaporlife' ? it's simple, easy to remember and easy to spell.

Much easier then the one I'm working on-

" Thegrandorderofthewholytechnofoggersassosiationlimited" catchy eh?

10. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

I like Vapeup as there is no confusion over wheather you spell out 4 or four unless you are going to link them. As for hypens, the same holds true---Sun

11. SupplierX

SupplierX Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I can tell you what I think about Vaporguy, please don't use it.

12. shajiver

shajiver Full Member

I like nubacco or nobacco. Kind of states what the product is. I've seen many different sites/stores with the word "vapor" in them and they are always hard to remember.

13. SMILIN

hehe:Dgottalovitalotyaknowwhatimean?:shock:

14. SMILIN

Not 2 worry, a good bottle of single malt, and a great sense of humor, may just getcha there:evil:

15. SMILIN

All good points, thanks:cool:, I love em, as well:D

16. lordmage

lordmage Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i like vapeforlife

17. fatman

fatman Full Member

If vaporforlife is taken then stay away from any variant of it as you will simply end up sending traffic to your competition as often as you get your own becasue people will confuse them.

Personally I think nobacco and nubacco are effective since they are memorable and different from all of the e*cig and vape* names out there. This name space got crowded very fast. You want to stand out and not blend into the crowd if at all possible.

18. Programmer

Programmer Senior Member ECF Veteran

A public forum probably isn't the best way to pick out a domain name. There are people (even including registered members here) who will snatch up every good suggestion made, 5 minutes after someone posts it.

Back in the good ol' days squatting used to be frowned upon. Now I'm afraid it's the norm.

19. LaceyUnderall

LaceyUnderall Ultra Member ECF Veteran

what happened to smilinsmoke? or what was the variation on your name? I liked that one. It was different and original.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.