Help me pick out a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincikid

Oct 11, 2015
I have gone through umm.. at least 7 reg mods in the last 2 yrs. built in batt dies, Drops, Juiced to death, quit for no damn reason, etc, etc.

I am a mod killer, and need something bullet proof!
Tube mod right? .. It's not that simple, though. (no pun intended)

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 24mm, non-hybrid, preferably magnet button and in ss.
Something like an SS manhattan or fuhattan. (I can't find either in stock)

Any suggestions?

Edit: What do you guys think about the Raptor T6 Clone?
If I could find a solid parallel box I may get both.

Last edited:

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
If your accustomed to reg mods are you sure you want a bottom button? I have a 4-Nine clone that is every thing you want except being 22mm. Love the look, feel, etc... Absolutely hate the bottom button! Awkward to use unless I'm giving it my full attention, so can not use it while driving or even walking. Do not have this problem with my Phantus Mini or my 'tootle puff' gear.

Reactions: Cincikid

Cincikid

Oct 11, 2015
The bottom button takes a second but you get used to and becomes second nature.
I own a tesla 2 and a nemesis clone. The tesla is nice but I find the vape of a pure mech to be best for me. I'm sure a copper hybrid would be even better than the nemesis and that's probably where ill end up. For now, a nice 24 with a floating pin for my mage GTA is what I'm looking for.

I ordered the T6 from fasttech.
I am still interested in a 24mm tube if anyone has suggestions.

Reactions: OldBatty

Cincikid

Oct 11, 2015

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
My 4Nines in 30 (31) and also 22mm are some of my favourites, I love the simplicity...but it's not for beginners...it is a little bit special!

Nice handwarmer with A123 LiFePo4:

GrZnQvJ.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
If you're accustomed to regulated mods there might be a bit of a learning curve to using mechs. Different capabilities and build requirements. That said I love my mechs but they could all be considered relics at this point. Ive got 2 Hammers, the King V2(personal fave), the Maraxus, and a few beaters kicking around. Loving the look of the Raptor and Im thinking there might be one in my future.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
If you're accustomed to regulated mods there might be a bit of a learning curve to using mechs. Different capabilities and build requirements. That said I love my mechs but they could all be considered relics at this point. Ive got 2 Hammers, the King V2(personal fave), the Maraxus, and a few beaters kicking around. Loving the look of the Raptor and Im thinking there might be one in my future.
I do know what you mean,, with a .5 coil, around 32 watts. Same wattage as i use on my sxmini Q. Maybe I'm under utilizing the regulated?
With me it's about Longevity.
Also imperative, ohms law..

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I do know what you mean,, with a .5 coil, around 32 watts. Same wattage as i use on my sxmini Q. Maybe I'm under utilizing the regulated?
With me it's about Longevity.
Also imperative, ohms law..

What guage wire are you using? 32 watts on a dual coil at .5 would be "too hot" for me using 28AWG and "too cold" for 26AWG. Im all about Ohms Law and building safe(due to my mech addiction), but I also love to incorporate Heat Flux into my build equation and my personal sweet spot is right where Steam Engine suggests. That said, IMO, if you are getting the vape you want with the settings you're using then thats all that matters. As long as you're not pushing your batteries out of a safe limit then find a comfortable setting and vape away!

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
What guage wire are you using? 32 watts on a dual coil at .5 would be "too hot" for me using 28AWG and "too cold" for 26AWG. Im all about Ohms Law and building safe(due to my mech addiction), but I also love to incorporate Heat Flux into my build equation and my personal sweet spot is right where Steam Engine suggests. That said, IMO, if you are getting the vape you want with the settings you're using then thats all that matters. As long as you're not pushing your batteries out of a safe limit then find a comfortable setting and vape away!
26 or 28awg on slick builds,,26/32awg on Clappys. Kanthal and SS316 wire materials.
Pretty simple. I build large for large attys.
Have been getting into small drippers, single coil,,& Gennies.
Therefore,
Higher builds, Mechs
Lower builds, unregulated Duallies..

Reactions: Darth Omerta

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
That's exactly what I'mm looking for in a mod.. In pictures, it seems like with a 24mm atty there is a lip.. Like its a 25mm mod. Is this true in your experience? Is there a lip with your 24's?
Took a while, battery dead on my caliper.
There is a bevel at the edge of the top cap,, so here goes
23.95 to 23.99 to 24.00 for the mod, in mm.
The +p is compound, to account for battery variances in length..

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Sure looks like one, can assure you, the Rag is a 24mm mod.
What i called a bevel, you called a lip. Yes, it is there.
I use a few mechs a week, 75% are clones.
Nemsis 1to1 clone, no lip.
Emma copper 1to1, clone no lip.
Chiyou brass 1to1 clone, no lip.

Bet there is a song in that "no lip" thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread