Status
Not open for further replies.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I bought a two bottles of juice from Nicoticket based on a couple of things. One, the glowing reviews from everyone here. Second, the feedback that I see in here about the level of customer service that Kent, et al, provides to their customers. The level of loyalty they have with their customers is something you have to work for and I see the responsiveness they have to their customers.

that being said, I am having problems liking ACB. I got mine a couple of months ago when they had the startup of the BOGO program. I got a 60ml bottle of 12mg, born on 3/17/2015. The description goes on about the flavor and character of the caramel and custard with only a hint of tobacco. Well, I finally opened my bottle yesterday, loaded it in my kayfun v4, and all I can taste is the tobacco. I get no vanilla, caramel, or custard notes - only a slight sweetness to the tobacco. I have a 1.8ohm coil and I've run it anywhere from 12-19 watts. I figured letting it age for 2 months would help the flavors blossom, but I just can't taste anything else. It's been sitting in a shoe-box for the entire time, only coming out for a shake, periodically. Is there something I can do to get the custard and caramel to mature?

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I find ACB is much more flavorful in high powered applications. I love it in my Magma built to 0.7Ω at 50W. It's also a little more subdued, but flavorful in a different way in my Lemo 2 at 1.0Ω at 30W.

Edit: Also, all of my ACB is at least 5 months old. At this point, the tobacco really shifts to the background and the delicious bakery flavors shift to the front.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
If it was an unopened bottle, never cracked all that time, it has hardly aged. The glass bottles keep the juices almost as fresh as the day they were bottled. That sounds like a juice with no aging. I would leave it with the cap open overnight, recap, shake well, and give it a bit of time. The tobacco falls back as it ages and with lower wattages. Though fresh ACB is slap me stupid tobacco all the way. The ACB in your tank leave (if you can) as it will age faster and you can see if it's going to work for you or not, I hope it does!!

Reactions: Kent Brooks

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Taste is so subjective it's wild - I've never tasted tobacco in ACB at all, though I know it's there. I've never used it in a tank, though - maybe the tobacco is more forward in a kayfun? At any rate, Meg just offered solid advice. Give that a shot. The glass bottles, if unopened, keep juice insanely fresh. I recently discovered this myself - the difference can be literally months worth of aging.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
ACB is one of my top juices -- I hardly taste the tobacco in it, but that is just ME. You've gotten good advice here - and leaving a full tank overnight is a really good idea. A small amount like that will "steep" much faster, so you can try it each day and see if it changes to something you like. You could also add a little regular Creme Brûlée to dilute the tobacco taste you are getting. There are some popular blends/mixes using ACB -- Wakonda mixes well with it, as does The Virus.

I see that you are verified, so if you would like to sell in the classifieds or trade it on our swap thread, that is another final possibility.
Hopefully it will come around for you. None of us like to be disappointed when trying something new!

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
Have to second that ACB most definitely LOVES the heat for full flavor, for me at least. The rest of the advice here is spot on. The glass bottles have completely changed my steeping process. I'm finding it requires a more frequent breathing of the bottles. Open initially and leave for 4-8 hours, give a shake and put away, wash, rinse, repeat every few days or so with a 1-2 hour "breathing". Each juice is different though just have to find your own sweet spot. Good luck on the journey!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I bought a two bottles of juice from Nicoticket based on a couple of things. One, the glowing reviews from everyone here. Second, the feedback that I see in here about the level of customer service that Kent, et al, provides to their customers. The level of loyalty they have with their customers is something you have to work for and I see the responsiveness they have to their customers.

that being said, I am having problems liking ACB. I got mine a couple of months ago when they had the startup of the BOGO program. I got a 60ml bottle of 12mg, born on 3/17/2015. The description goes on about the flavor and character of the caramel and custard with only a hint of tobacco. Well, I finally opened my bottle yesterday, loaded it in my Kayfun v4, and all I can taste is the tobacco. I get no vanilla, caramel, or custard notes - only a slight sweetness to the tobacco. I have a 1.8ohm coil and I've run it anywhere from 12-19 watts. I figured letting it age for 2 months would help the flavors blossom, but I just can't taste anything else. It's been sitting in a shoe-box for the entire time, only coming out for a shake, periodically. Is there something I can do to get the custard and caramel to mature?

Although I really enjoy the fruit in my Kayfun - I generally drip ACB. Or, try a dripper and a DNA 40w device with a .5 ohm dual coil, simple micro.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Taste is so subjective it's wild - I've never tasted tobacco in ACB at all, though I know it's there. I've never used it in a tank, though - maybe the tobacco is more forward in a kayfun? At any rate, Meg just offered solid advice. Give that a shot. The glass bottles, if unopened, keep juice insanely fresh. I recently discovered this myself - the difference can be literally months worth of aging.

The tobacco is forward in a Kayfun.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I agree with Megan about the glass, I take my juice out of it and put in LDPE bottles with luer lock tops I got from RTD Vapor and notice it steeps much faster in them.

Unicorn bottles ;)

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Update... Well, I went ahead with the constant breathing and shaking method for about 6 weeks and that seems to have worked. I've got it loaded in a Kayfun v4 and the taste is much mellower. The tobacco has receded, but it is still there. The caramel notes are there now. My wife and I were watching TV and she asked if what I was vaping was a caramel flavored juice. I'm still don't think I'm getting the best flavor for it but it is MUCH better now. I've also, for ease of pouring, filled a unicorn bottle. I believe that will help that age nicely while I work my way through it and what's left in the bottle will keep getting better. All in all, definitely something worth vaping and buying again. I might have bought more during the birthday sale, but I wanted to make sure the flavor was going to be what I liked first. At this point, I expect the flavor to only get better.

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
I got unopened bottles or radioactive from 12/5/14....one is open and i have been breathing it for 2 months or so now, and its just getting to that stage i really like it...if i were to crack one of those unopened bottles, the flavor would be muted and i would get mouth sores, due to the juice still being fresh...all juice does this to me :(

Same goes with ACB, thou my bottles of that now are from 3/15 this year, i have to breath them for awhile ie couple months before they hit perfect for me...though i am hitting that stuff now even thou its not at its prime for me

Glad is working for ya, cause ACB is da Bomb and damn FTS for getting me hooked on Wakonda...both those rotate as ADV for me :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I got unopened bottles or radioactive from 12/5/14....one is open and i have been breathing it for 2 months or so now, and its just getting to that stage i really like it...if i were to crack one of those unopened bottles, the flavor would be muted and i would get mouth sores, due to the juice still being fresh...all juice does this to me :(

Same goes with ACB, thou my bottles of that now are from 3/15 this year, i have to breath them for awhile ie couple months before they hit perfect for me...though i am hitting that stuff now even thou its not at its prime for me

Glad is working for ya, cause ACB is da Bomb and damn FTS for getting me hooked on Wakonda...both those rotate as ADV for me :)
It's funny, I've been hanging on other sub forums and out of the blue somebody posts "dang you sloth...you got me hooked on Wakonda!"

Guess I gots a reputation eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread