HELP MOOCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Hey Mooch Im New Here But i Recently Got A M Terk And A VapeAMP Box Mod And I Need Help Picking Out Which batteries I Should Get. I Really Dont Know Please Help Me!!!
Probably might be better if you post the device you got and not just the company that makes them. They do make more than one item. Some are regulated, some are mechanical, no way to tell what you have though.

Its Called VapeAMP Variable Wattage Box Mod With A M Terk RDA

Attachments

• WIN_20161231_021018.JPG
    WIN_20161231_021018.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 46

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
ok thats pretty easy. Samsung 25Rs or LG HG2s. The samsungs are 20A at 2500 mah, and have a lower operating temperature (they stay cooler) and the LG HG2 have 3000 mah and 20A (they last a bit longer on a single charge) and also have a cool operating temperature just not quite as cool as the Samsung. Both are great batteries and if anything bad happens, such as the protection circuit failing, they will vent more slowly than other batteries, and they wont go POP like cheaper rebranded batteries.

You can check this out here... The Best 18650 Batteries for Vaping
This was written by Mooch.

By the way, don't cheap out and buy rebranded batteries. They are factory 2nds that did not pass quality control tests that the brand name batteries did.. OR they are some cheap cell made god knows where with cheap materials. Those are the ones that go POP.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Hi and Welcome,
I would suggest (2) married pairs of LG HB6's (4 total) and a quality charger sourced from a trusted vendor.
Cheers
I
NiteCore charger. It is the 2nd best vape charger available. Also much cheaper than the "best" but does about the same thing. Nitecore batteries.. NO.. Nitecore charger.. YES!

@Izan I think you meant LG HG2s. LG HB6 are the 1500mah 30A mech batteries.
That is a regulated VW mod. I had to look up the cells. I can't remember which is which from one minute to the next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
NiteCore charger. It is the 2nd best vape charger available. Also much cheaper than the "best" but does about the same thing. Nitecore batteries.. NO.. Nitecore charger.. YES!

@Izan I think you meant LG HG2s. LG HB6 are the 1500mah 30A mech batteries.
That is a regulated VW mod. I had to look up the cells. I can't remember which is which from one minute to the next.
Good point about the charger, I love my Nitecores. :banana:
Personally, I prefer the higher amp discharge batteries for a 180W or higher device. But that is just me.
The box OP bought is VERY light on specs, I'm just more comfortable with the greater headroom of the HB6s in that unit.

YMMV
Cheers
I

Reactions: daviedog

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
LG hg2 Samsung 30Q or any of the name brand 20 amps CDR cells will work. I like Xtar chargers over Nitecore simply because Nitecore charges at .5 amp (or slower) and Xtar charges at 1 amp.
That was the other brand I couldn't remember. I have the 4 cell nitecore charger. 1500mah for 2 cells or 750 mah for 4. Either way, seems to charge pretty quick. I always have 2 fully charged and 2 in the mod.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
That was the other brand I couldn't remember. I have the 4 cell nitecore charger. 1500mah for 2 cells or 750 mah for 4. Either way, seems to charge pretty quick. I always have 2 fully charged and 2 in the mod.

I had the 2 cell one and it charged at .45 amps, I will say this my Nitecore is defiantly built better than the Xtar because I'm having some minor issues with the Xtar.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hahaha... I saw the thread title and worried. Thought for a minute that maybe Mooch somehow lost his equipment and needed help again. I hope you guys that benefit from his vast knowledge got in on the last round of Help Mooch. Glad to see it was Help, Mooch! and not Help Mooch.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Hahaha... I saw the thread title and worried. Thought for a minute that maybe Mooch somehow lost his equipment and needed help again. I hope you guys that benefit from his vast knowledge got in on the last round of Help Mooch. Glad to see it was Help, Mooch! and not Help Mooch.
Was just warming up the CC.
Thought the same thing..

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey Mooch Im New Here But i Recently Got A M Terk And A VapeAMP Box Mod And I Need Help Picking Out Which Batteries I Should Get. I Really Dont Know Please Help Me!!!
Welcome and glad you joined. Here is some battery help.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

Reactions: Baditude

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I saw it and thought, OH MY GOD! What is this clown planning to try??? Or like "HELP MOOCH! My mod is autofiring! What do I do????" Now, I'm not mooch, but in that instance, I think I am fully qualified to tell him to toss it in the kitchen sink or toilet and run.

At least he knew who THE main guy to ask was. I'm just parroting info mooch has already given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread