Help! My Tank Is Leaking...............Don't Panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
If you discover that your tank is leaking out from the battery connector air hole...don't panic! Simply remove the tank from the battery, turn the tank upside down, wipe off the battery and the carto connector thoroughly. This is caused by juice flooding the air wick tube and juice will start to siphon the tank through the feeder holes.

By turning the tank upside down the feeder holes will be exposed to air which will stop the siphoning action and stop the leak.

Just like a standard cartomizer you should always be able to look through the cartomizer to see that the air tube is clear. If there is juice in the air tube that you want to remove simply remove the tank from your battery. Take a doubled over piece of tissue or paper towel, place it over the Drip Tip and give it a couple hard draws. Do not attempt to blow it out as this will pressurize the tank causing the juice to leak out of the air tube.

:2cool:

Last edited:

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
justacatholicgirl.wordpress.com
OK...disclaimer: The device is probably not at fault I'm sure...it's definitely the user!
I have the OMG 5volt Mod. Is this thing supposed to gurgle, spit and have a hard draw? I did what you suggested Mr. Snow and it is still leaking. Turned upside down. Left it there for a while. Put paper towel over drip tip, many hard draws later, still not performing as it should. Any tips? Advice? Thanks V4Ler's!

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Ms. Chimchim if you're taking a lot of hard draws that's most likely what's causing your flooding issues. Have you tried it on a different item to see if the draw is any better?
Can't try tank on anything else. No adapter. Tank only fits on OMG Mod. Adapter that came with it doesn't work on any other PV.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Chim, got a few questions for you....

Can you see through the airwick tube?
Is the connector (post) on the OMG dry?

Now...on my video review of the OMG for some reason (have no idea why) the OMG strangely doesn't like some Cartos. I still cannot get mine to work with one of the 3.5ml tanks. It makes no sense whatsoever since both Cartomizers in the tanks are identical. I was able to get it to work a few times briefly by drawing on it while unscrewing it and angle the tank a little.

So as long as the carto and OMG connector posts are dry and you can see through the air tube try this. Screw the tank on and try taking a draw on it as you slowly unscrew the tank.

I think this has a lot to do with the OMG and probably very little to do with you.

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
Chim, got a few questions for you....

Can you see through the airwick tube?
Is the connector (post) on the OMG dry?

Now...on my video review of the OMG for some reason (have no idea why) the OMG strangely doesn't like some Cartos. I still cannot get mine to work with one of the 3.5ml tanks. It makes no sense whatsoever since both Cartomizers in the tanks are identical. I was able to get it to work a few times briefly by drawing on it while unscrewing it and angle the tank a little.

So as long as the carto and OMG connector posts are dry and you can see through the air tube try this. Screw the tank on and try taking a draw on it as you slowly unscrew the tank.

I think this has a lot to do with the OMG and probably very little to do with you.
Thanks for replying Snow...
All is dry. I put adapter on, put Cool Cart on and it works great. On the tank, I can't see through the airwick tube. I look through both ends and can't see through it at all. Even use flashlight. When I look down the end where the dt is, I can see into the airwick tube but not through it. (at either end.) I can take a few hits but it gurgles, snaps, crackles, pops and then begins leaking. I take tank off, turn it upside down. Put paper towel over dt and take hard draws in hopes to clear it out. Put back on OMG Mod and it works for a bit and does the same thing. There's also condensation inside the clear dt. Is that normal? I'm thinking it is...

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
The condensation is perfectly normal, you just never see it with other DTs. Like I said, for whatever reason the OMG is finicky.

Do you have a long Paper clip? If so straighten it out and insert it all the way through the air tube. Then check the air tube to see if it's clear...then give it another shot. Let me know what happens....

Just to add: The gurgle and what not....isn't normal, but this could a combination of flooding and/or it just not working on the OMG. Did you see my vid on the OMG by chance?

Last edited:

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
The condensation is perfectly normal, you just never see it with other DTs. Like I said, for whatever reason the OMG is finicky.

Do you have a long Paper clip? If so straighten it out and insert it all the way through the air tube. Then check the air tube to see if it's clear...then give it another shot. Let me know what happens....

Just to add: The gurgle and what not....isn't normal, but this could a combination of flooding and/or it just not working on the OMG. Did you see my vid on the OMG by chance?

Paperclip opened it up and I'm vaping right now with no issue...Thank you! I did see the video and it was as usual AWESOME! Much appreciation to you and Pablo! Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread