Help! Need a replacement for Ecopure. UK based VG only or High VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Hi folks! Not been on here for 3 years or so, boy it's changed!

I had a stockpile of Intellicig Ecopure that is now running dangerously low. I've been searching for a replacement, but to no avail. Vype is ok but a bit weak. The best I've found so far is
VSAVI 100% VG / Eco-vape (their Pure Virginia is very close in taste to Ecopure), however this is quite runny & only seems to last half as long as the Ecopure did.

The criteria I'm trying to fulfil are:

Must be available from a UK supplier.
Must taste like Ecopure Rich or Regular, or close.
Must be available in the highest nicotine content allowed in the new UK regulations.
Not too runny, so it lasts longer.
Must be 100% VG (or minimal % PG as a last resort)

I look forward to your replies

spivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2009
VA
Good luck with this. The US equivalent to Ecopure (Ultrapure by Innovapor) just closed up shop and now I'm looking for a replacement as well.

I found a thread from 2013 discussing this and based on the posts ordered some Basic Sweet Naked from Cignot. I do not know if that's available on your side of the pond though.

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
So far I have found :

Purest Vapours The Purest Vapours - Buy online e-cigarettes e-liquids

Not overly impressed with their Espresso (barely any coffee taste to it) a nice enough vape, but not coffee-y.

Virginia Tobacco is pleasant enough, but nothing to write home about.

Rich Caramel is better. Caramel for sure, but hardly rich. Nice enough though.

Both English Toffee & Hazelnut Toffee Tobacco on the other hand do exactly what it says on the tin. Yummy & will go into regular rotation.

Their Cinnamon is mind blowing with a real hot cinnamon flavour. So much so, in fact that I've already taken to just adding a drop or two to other flavours rather than vaping it neat.

Throat on all of them is decent enough & vapour production has been pretty good too (holds it's own with both the Ecopure & VSAVI / Eco-Vape) These are however 80/20 VG/PG I the PG was noticeable on the first two. Not a deal breaker for me, but my other half can detect it half way through the first drag (& she hates PG)

Vapegreen I went with their own brand VapeGreen's E-Liquids Natural & Organic - VapeGreen.co.uk

On the whole better than the above. Both French Vanilla & Unflavoured (I added some TW Menthol flavour concentrate to the unflavoured) giving decent vapour & throat hit. FV gives a very nice vanilla custard type flavour reminiscent of crème pâtissière.

While I was in their site I also decided to try Velvet Cloud's Aztec Mewlew Velvet Cloud - Aztec Mewlew E-Liquid which is described as "Somewhere between a cinnamon-y Mexican-style Hot Chocolate and a spicy tootsie roll" I have to say it tasted nothing like that, all cinnamon & nothing else & it had a slightly sour after-taste. UNTIL I swapped to a fresh battery. The taste was still predominantly cinnamon but with a pleasantly chocolaty undertone. I wouldn't say it was as described, but it certainly is a pleasant vape, with decent hit & flavour.

Lastly in this batch of purchases I received from Ichor E Liquid - UK | 100% VG

Caramel Macciato is lovely & tastes like it should being called that. My new favourite coffee flavour (This may change once I've tried Vapegreen's Kona Delight, but as it stands at the moment...)

Fives is, I have to say the closest tobacco flavour to what I used to smoke (JPS / Richmond) that I have ever found.

Fives with Menthol still has that JPS type flavour, but with a hint of menthol. Nice, but I think next order may be with menthol, but less fives flavour, extra menthol, or menthol ice (maybe one of each). I'll find my feet with this one, just need to tweak the proportions.

America Tobacco. A deeper flavour than the Fives (Marlboro maybe?) Nice enough, although I might find it a bit sickly if I chain vape, so probably more for when I'm DJing with just the odd puff here or there. Haven't tried the with Menthol option yet, but I expect the results to be the same as the Fives Menthol.

Again nice amounts of vapour & hit across the range I've tried.

What I like about Ichor is the fact that the liquids are customisable.

The Tobacco range (12 flavours), Fruit (19) & one of the Speciality range (3 flavours, could do with some more, Toffee or a straight Coffee maybe) are all available as is, or with the following flavour options via drop down : Extra (original) Flavour, Less (original) Flavour, Banana, Caramel, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Hazelnut, Vanilla & Liquorice.

An additional drop down gives menthol options: Menthol, Extra Menthol, Menthol Ice & Extra Menthol Ice.

You can also request additional sweetener.

I have a strong suspicion I'll be buying a fair bit from them.

All taste tests were done on Joyetech eRoll, ePuffer Magnum Snaps & ePuffer 609 e-pipe (all the tanks for my other pipes were pretty much full, so I couldn't use them)

I will still welcome any suggestions for UK vendors of liquids that fulfil my criteria:

Must taste like Ecopure Rich or Regular, or close. (or a good range of flavours that include Coffee, Toffee & Menthol)
Must be available in the highest nicotine content allowed in the new UK regulations. (I really get nothing from 12mg & below other than flavour)
Not too runny, so it lasts longer. (again not a deal breaker, but it would be nice)
Must be 100% VG (I think I'll give up on the high VG mixes to keep in her ladyship's good books)

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
So far I have found :

Purest Vapours The Purest Vapours - Buy online e-cigarettes e-liquids

Not overly impressed with their Espresso (barely any coffee taste to it) a nice enough vape, but not coffee-y.

Virginia Tobacco is pleasant enough, but nothing to write home about.

Rich Caramel is better. Caramel for sure, but hardly rich. Nice enough though.

Both English Toffee & Hazelnut Toffee Tobacco on the other hand do exactly what it says on the tin. Yummy & will go into regular rotation.

Their Cinnamon is mind blowing with a real hot cinnamon flavour. So much so, in fact that I've already taken to just adding a drop or two to other flavours rather than vaping it neat.

Throat on all of them is decent enough & vapour production has been pretty good too (holds it's own with both the Ecopure & VSAVI / Eco-Vape) These are however 80/20 VG/PG I the PG was noticeable on the first two. Not a deal breaker for me, but my other half can detect it half way through the first drag (& she hates PG)

Vapegreen I went with their own brand VapeGreen's E-Liquids Natural & Organic - VapeGreen.co.uk

On the whole better than the above. Both French Vanilla & Unflavoured (I added some TW Menthol flavour concentrate to the unflavoured) giving decent vapour & throat hit. FV gives a very nice vanilla custard type flavour reminiscent of crème pâtissière.

While I was in their site I also decided to try Velvet Cloud's Aztec Mewlew Velvet Cloud - Aztec Mewlew E-Liquid which is described as "Somewhere between a cinnamon-y Mexican-style Hot Chocolate and a spicy tootsie roll" I have to say it tasted nothing like that, all cinnamon & nothing else & it had a slightly sour after-taste. UNTIL I swapped to a fresh battery. The taste was still predominantly cinnamon but with a pleasantly chocolaty undertone. I wouldn't say it was as described, but it certainly is a pleasant vape, with decent hit & flavour.

Lastly in this batch of purchases I received from Ichor E Liquid - UK | 100% VG

Caramel Macciato is lovely & tastes like it should being called that. My new favourite coffee flavour (This may change once I've tried Vapegreen's Kona Delight, but as it stands at the moment...)

Fives is, I have to say the closest tobacco flavour to what I used to smoke (JPS / Richmond) that I have ever found.

Fives with Menthol still has that JPS type flavour, but with a hint of menthol. Nice, but I think next order may be with menthol, but less fives flavour, extra menthol, or menthol ice (maybe one of each). I'll find my feet with this one, just need to tweak the proportions.

America Tobacco. A deeper flavour than the Fives (Marlboro maybe?) Nice enough, although I might find it a bit sickly if I chain vape, so probably more for when I'm DJing with just the odd puff here or there. Haven't tried the with Menthol option yet, but I expect the results to be the same as the Fives Menthol.

Again nice amounts of vapour & hit across the range I've tried.

What I like about Ichor is the fact that the liquids are customisable.

The Tobacco range (12 flavours), Fruit (19) & one of the Speciality range (3 flavours, could do with some more, Toffee or a straight Coffee maybe) are all available as is, or with the following flavour options via drop down : Extra (original) Flavour, Less (original) Flavour, Banana, Caramel, Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Hazelnut, Vanilla & Liquorice.

An additional drop down gives menthol options: Menthol, Extra Menthol, Menthol Ice & Extra Menthol Ice.

You can also request additional sweetener.

I have a strong suspicion I'll be buying a fair bit from them.

All taste tests were done on Joyetech eRoll, ePuffer Magnum Snaps & ePuffer 609 e-pipe (all the tanks for my other pipes were pretty much full, so I couldn't use them)

I will still welcome any suggestions for UK vendors of liquids that fulfil my criteria:

Must taste like Ecopure Rich or Regular, or close. (or a good range of flavours that include Coffee, Toffee & Menthol)
Must be available in the highest nicotine content allowed in the new UK regulations. (I really get nothing from 12mg & below other than flavour)
Not too runny, so it lasts longer. (again not a deal breaker, but it would be nice)
Must be 100% VG (I think I'll give up on the high VG mixes to keep in her ladyship's good books)

I have bought juice from Avant Garde E-Liquid before but never used their Bespoke E-Liquid service:
Bespoke E Liquid

You can choose up to 2 flavours (including tobacco, coffee etc.) in 100% VG going up to 20mg strength.

£18.99 for a bespoke 30ml bottle. £29.99 for £50ml and £54.99 for 100ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread