Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I saw somewhere 15%. That's why I asked. I know they smell really strongn but not sure that carries on when mixed.
I think @Fozzy71 knows about the RL line. Apparently, there are the mixing flavors in vg(which i think that is what OSDIY has), and there are concentrated extracts.
Hope someone corrects this if I am wrong.
:)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I really wish they would change the name of that lol. It was probably geared to keep the 'children away' but it also keeps the adults away too.
Where can you get these flavors?
I found it in Bull City for Reindeer Poop, I think the name is a mistake but it is delicious LOL

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I started with just 2% with RF Samoa Cookie, because some people have said RF are pretty strong. Once mixed I could taste some of the flavoring in it. But, to me, when I vaped it...there was just barely a hint that something else was even there besides just plain PG & VG. So I added another 2%, and I'm waiting until tomorrow to try it again.
I used more than that in 20 ml I added 40 drops then added 5 more drops so about 1 ml and a pinch?? LOL maybe 6%?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
So far, I'm not impressed with the RF Samoa Cookie. Made 15mL of it yesterday afternoon, and just tried some. Very weak for my flavor preference, made at the amount bnrkwest made hers. Just added a few more drops and will try it again later.

I do however LOVE Kim's mix of 1/2 and 1/2 Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte! Been vaping it since yesterday afternoon. Only have about 1/2 of what I made left, and I plan on ordering a 4oz. bottle of the LL tonight yet. Always have plenty of LS on hand already!
I ended up adding 5 more drops to Samoa Cookie and the flavor is more subdued the next day, I may have to add more yet. I liked it best fresh mixed :) vaping on it today on and off. Plus tried the Bread Pudding and it is growing on me. I think I will like it steeped too. I just gave a quick hot water bath to try it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I ended up adding 5 more drops to Samoa Cookie and the flavor is more subdued the next day, I may have to add more yet. I liked it best fresh mixed :) vaping on it today on and off. Plus tried the Bread Pudding and it is growing on me. I think I will like it steeped too. I just gave a quick hot water bath to try it.
Chocolate flavors do take a little time to steep to full flavor. Just saying...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I ended up adding 5 more drops to Samoa Cookie and the flavor is more subdued the next day, I may have to add more yet. I liked it best fresh mixed :) Vaping on it today on and off. Plus tried the Bread Pudding and it is growing on me. I think I will like it steeped too. I just gave a quick hot water bath to try it.
Her combo was 10% of each of the LS & LL, wasn't it? What % did you use for the bread pudding? Icm hoping the Aged Bourbon Cream will go well with the Bread Puddingn j some custard's.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Her combo was 10% of each of the LS & LL, wasn't it? What % did you use for the bread pudding? Icm hoping the Aged Bourbon Cream will go well with the Bread Puddingn j some custard's.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
I think around 6% for bread pudding too, will see how it is tomorrow if I need to add more. I bet it would be good with Bourbon Cream Yumm

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I started with just 2% with RF Samoa Cookie, because some people have said RF are pretty strong. Once mixed I could taste some of the flavoring in it. But, to me, when I vaped it...there was just barely a hint that something else was even there besides just plain PG & VG. So I added another 2%, and I'm waiting until tomorrow to try it again.

That is a VG flavor, try 10 - 12 percent, mix it well, then let it steep. They get significantly better with a long steep.

I saw somewhere 15%. That's why I asked. I know they smell really strongn but not sure that carries on when mixed.

I think @Fozzy71 knows about the RL line. Apparently, there are the mixing flavors in vg(which i think that is what OSDIY has), and there are concentrated extracts.
Hope someone corrects this if I am wrong.

The extracts they recommend 1 - 3.5%. The VG flavors I don't think they recommend a percent on their site but most users on the other forums and recipe sites recommend 10 - 15% as stand alone for the VG flavors. I went with 11 - 12.5 for the 3 VG flavors I tried based on average/median % used from the recipe site where others had used those flavors.

This is why I prefer the extracts if the flavor is available in that line. I have $200 worth of stuff in my wish list cart at RF and they are mostly extracts. When it comes time to order more I will probably just order a few new extracts from walmart if they have them. These extracts go a long way at 2% that I have been mixing them. The pumpkin pie and french toast I mixed up at 2 and could see going up to 3%. The baklava I don't think I would want to go higher than 2.

I think around 6% for bread pudding too, will see how it is tomorrow if I need to add more. I bet it would be good with Bourbon Cream Yumm

I did my BP at 12% and ABC at 11%. I could see going a bit higher on both.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Kenna - Kim, from OSDIY said for her ADV of LS + LL...she uses 10% of each because she's a tootle-puffer at higher ohms and lower watts. Said if used for sub-ohm...she'd recommend 5% of each.

When I made my little 15mL first trial of it 2 days ago, I used only 6% of each and it was fine for me as a tootle-puffer. I'm thinking maybe 7% with my 50mL bottle I'm making later today though. As it sits for a couple days it seems to have gotten just a tad weaker in flavoring.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@Kenna - Kim, from OSDIY said for her ADV of LS + LL...she uses 10% of each because she's a tootle-puffer at higher ohms and lower watts. Said if used for sub-ohm...she'd recommend 5% of each.

When I made my little 15mL first trial of it 2 days ago, I used only 6% of each and it was fine for me as a tootle-puffer. I'm thinking maybe 7% with my 50mL bottle I'm making later today though. As it sits for a couple days it seems to have gotten just a tad weaker in flavoring.
Thanks, JC!

Mirags

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Linwood NJ
Anybody know if there is a pretzel flavoring anywhere. There is a caramel flavored pretzel by the pretzel boyz that is terrific. I'd like to replicate it but I have no idea where to start. FLV just released about 75 new flavors and I was disappointed that pretzel wasnt one of them. They have excellent, accurate flavors.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Anybody know if there is a pretzel flavoring anywhere. There is a caramel flavored pretzel by the pretzel boyz that is terrific. I'd like to replicate it but I have no idea where to start. FLV just released about 75 new flavors and I was disappointed that pretzel wasnt one of them. They have excellent, accurate flavors.

I got nothing. I have probably done what you did and googled it. I also looked at a couple of DIY recipe sites and nothing. Hopefully, maybe another member can be of better help than me. I have found one vendor that sells pretzel ejuice (not pretzel boyz)but no extract or flavoring offered. If you want the name of that company pm me. It is not one I can list here at ecf.

Mirags

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2012
Linwood NJ
Thanks for trying. I found that vendor also but I'm really trying to mix it myself. It kills me to pay 25 dollars for 60 mls when it costs me about 2 dollars to make my own, especially when 60 mls lasts less than 4 days for me. Of the very little information I've found so far, I am pretty sure ry4 double and hazelnut are the main ingredients followed by caramel.I think adding AP and maybe a touch of espresso might help finish it off. Just mixed them up and there is a semblance of a pretzel aroma. Maybe finding the right percentages of these is the answer. Any help is appreciated.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks for trying. I found that vendor also but I'm really trying to mix it myself. It kills me to pay 25 dollars for 60 mls when it costs me about 2 dollars to make my own, especially when 60 mls lasts less than 4 days for me. Of the very little information I've found so far, I am pretty sure ry4 double and hazelnut are the main ingredients followed by caramel.I think adding AP and maybe a touch of espresso might help finish it off. Just mixed them up and there is a semblance of a pretzel aroma. Maybe finding the right percentages of these is the answer. Any help is appreciated.

Check your inbox.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Sharing my Flavor Blends list, these are stand alone flavors already blended:

Flavor blends by brand:

FA- Flavor Apprentice DX

DX Banana Cream

DX Banana Foster

DX Cinnamon Danish

DX Red Velvet Cake

DX Pralines and Cream

FW- Flavor West

Almond Toffee Candy

Banana Nut Bread

Banana Split

Bananas Foster

Bubbas Pig Sap

Butter Pecan

Caramel Cinnamon Roll

Cinnamon Churro

Cinnamon Roll

Coconut Cream Pie

Cookie and Cream

Dutch Apple Pie

English Toffee

Lemon Meringue Pie

Maple Pecan

Monkey Fart

Peanut Butter Cup

Reindeer Poop

Rocky Road

Salty Butter Balls

Snickers Type

Strawberry Shortcake

CAP-Capellas v2

Apple Pie V2

Boston cream Pie V2

Chocolate Fudge Brownie V2

Lemon Meringue Pie V2

NF-Nature’s Flavors (Organic without Diacetyl)

Banana Foster

Banana Nut

Banana Split

Blueberry Cheescake

Butter Pecan

Carrot Cake

Chocolate Cheesecake

Cookie Dough

Cookie and Cream

English Toffee

Pecan Praline

Pumpkin Pie

Strawberry Shortcake

Toffee

Real Flavors VG based

Aged Bourban cream

Apple Crumble

Applie Pie

Baklava

Banana Bread

Banana Foster

Banana Split

Blueberry Muffin

Boston Cream Pie

Bread Pudding

Butterscotch Pudding

Cherry Pie

Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Chip Cookie

Cinnamon Donut

Cinnamon Roll

Coconut Cream Pie

Coffee Cake

Cookie Dough

Cookie and Cream

Elephant Ear

French Toast with Eggnog

Fruit Cake

Fruit Danish

Funnel Cake

Key Lime Pie

Lemon Cake

Oatmeal Cookie

Peach Cobbler

Peanut Butter Cookie

Peanut Butter Cup

Pumpkin Pie

Rainbow Sherbet

Rocky Road Ice Cream

S’Mores

Samoa Cookie

Snickerdoodle

Yogurt Parfait

OSDIYS- House blends

Lucky Shot

Blue Note

Choco Yum Cake

Cinnamon Smoothie

Lotta Late

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
ECX carries several recipes by Enyawreklaw of DIY or DIE. The flavorings are mixed, all you do is add your base with nic, shake & steep. Percentages, recommended steep times from Wayne are there as well as his recommendation for pg/vg ratios. I just got 3 & they are steeping. (But I really want to stick a straw in the bottles)

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sharing my Flavor Blends list, these are stand alone flavors already blended

I thought all those DX flavorings from TFA were single flavorings. The DX just means it's a version of that flavoring that doesn't contain diketones. At least that's what I remember from WL's website when I ordered them. In all of Bill's Magic Vapors recipes those same flavorings, in the regular version, are used along with many others to make some of his recipes. Maybe I'm wrong though.

OSDIYS- House blends

Lucky Shot

Blue Note

Choco Yum Cake

Cinnamon Smoothie

Lotta Late

Did you know there's another one of those One Stop Blends? It's the Licorice Torpedoes...like Good n' Plenty candy. Also, their One Stop Flavors are also ready-to-use...just by adding them to your own PG, VG, and Nic base. Or were you just listing the ones you've tried, and the list is your personal list that you like and use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread