Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
another question if i want to stay at 85/15 vg pg final
the flavoring has to be one flavor pg = 15% or for example 2 flavors pg each being 7.5? but saying do not exceed 15% ?

or for example 2 different flavorings pg based is 15% each so my final vg/pg would be a 70/30 vg pg? correct?

If you look at the Calculator you used, it shows that your Flavoring is 100% PG (which most Flavoring is). So the Calculator is making the Allowance that some of the Total PG in you Mix is coming from the Flavoring. And most of it is coming from the PG that you will add.

Reactions: louie325

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
If you look at the Calculator you used, it shows that your Flavoring is 100% PG (which most Flavoring is). So the Calculator is making the Allowance that some of the Total PG in you Mix is coming from the Flavoring. And most of it is coming from the PG that you will add.

so i still have to add in pg?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
soooooo did i screw up somewhere or did the calculator ? or both lol
i asked a question like this before and another member said that the pg from the flavoring would be he same as pg if i were to add that in separate or saying itll count towards to the final pg/vg

Not Really a Screw Up. More of a Typo when you transferred the Numbers from the Calculator to posting them here on the ECF.

:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
so i still have to add in pg?

So once again... I do that "Number in my Head" thing.

If I have 100% VG Nicotine Base, and I want to make a 15%PG : 85%VG Final Ratio mix, the PG has to come from Somewhere. Right.

So then I look at my Flavoring. And Most Flavoring is PG Based. So I ask myself, "How Much Total Flavoring am I thinking about using?" 15%

Cool. So if I add 15% Flavoring, and Most of the Flavoring is PG, then that would make up the 15% PG in my final 15%PG : 85% VG mix.

Then I put the Numbers in my Calculator and Binbgo Bango... the Recipe just calls for VG Nicotine Base, Pure VG and Flavoring (which is PG Based). All the PG Needed to make 15%PG : 85%VG e-liquid comes from the Flavoring.

And that Matches what the Calculator said you should do in Post #7.

---

Now if you want to make a Final Mix that has More that 15% PG, like say 30%PG : 70%VG, you are going to have to add some PG.

Because there Isn't Enough PG in the Flavoring to get you to 30% PG with the Amount of Flavoring you are going to add. And you Can't Add 30% Flavoring (which would get you to 30% PG) because that would be Way Too MUCH Flavoring.

And it would Taste Awful!

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
ill keep at it i spent around 15$ buying everything so not much a big deal
my buddy owns his own shop and does in house juices also which are easily my ADV's
this as just sort of a weekend project as my fiance is doing girl stuff this weekend and i had nothing better to do
i mixed it and it indeed smells like a jolly rancher

Reactions: zoiDman

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
So once again... I do that "Number in my Head" thing.

If I have 100% VG Nicotine Base, and I want to make a 15%PG : 85%VG Final Ratio mix, the PG has to come from Somewhere. Right.

So then I look at my Flavoring. And Most Flavoring is PG Based. So I ask myself, "How Much Total Flavoring am I thinking about using?" 15%

Cool. So if I add 15% Flavoring, and Most of the Flavoring is PG, then that would make up the 15% PG in my final 15%PG : 85% VG mix.

Then I put the Numbers in my Calculator and Binbgo Bango... the Recipe just calls for VG Nicotine Base, Pure VG and Flavoring (which is PG Based). All the PG Needed to make 15%PG : 85%VG e-liquid comes from the Flavoring.

And that Matches what the Calculator said you should do in Post #7.

---

Now if you want to make a Final Mix that has More that 15% PG, like say 30%PG : 70%VG, you are going to have to add some PG.

Because there Isn't Enough PG in the Flavoring to get you to 30% PG with the Amount of Flavoring you are going to add. And you Can't Add 30% Flavoring (which would get you to 30% PG) because that would be Way Too MUCH Flavoring.

And it would Taste Awful!

ohhhhhhhh ok ok i get it i get it
so do my flavors etc and if i still come up say 5% short of pg for a final 85/15 i have to add in PG regardless
this run just so happen to reach the 15% needed for the final 85/15

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
ill keep at it i spent around 15$ buying everything so not much a big deal
my buddy owns his own shop and does in house juices also which are easily my ADV's
this as just sort of a weekend project as my fiance is doing girl stuff this weekend and i had nothing better to do
i mixed it and it indeed smalls like a jolly rancher

Sounds like a Plan.

Last 2 Words of Advise: With Any New Recipe, it is Fine to taste it right after you Mix it. In Fact, it is a Good Idea. But Don't Make Any Changes to the Recipe until the Mix has sat in a Cool Dark Place for at Least 2 Days.

The Flavor Changes over those 2 Days. And what might taste Funky when you First mix it can Taste Very Good after 2 Days. And Fantastic after 4 Days.

And Above ALL. Write down EVERUTHING you do when mix a Recipe. There is Nothing Worse than Making a Killer ADV but not being able to make it Again because you forget Exactly what you Put in It. And How Much.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
ohhhhhhhh ok ok i get it i get it
so do my flavors etc and if i still come up say 5% short of pg for a final 85/15 i have to add in PG regardless
this run just so happen to reach the 15% needed for the final 85/15

BINGO!

This is why I like to Spend a Little Time explain what is Going on. Instead of just Posting a Recipe Answer.

Because Now you are Thinking. And Making mental Pictures in you Mind. And once you start doing That, the Math becomes Straight Forward.

And the Numbers start to Represent Real Amounts. And not just some Value in an Online Calculator.

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
Sounds like a Plan.

Last 2 Words of Advise: With Any New Recipe, it is Fine to taste it right after you Mix it. In Fact, it is a Good Idea. But Don't Make Any Changes to the Recipe until the Mix has sat in a Cool Dark Place for at Least 2 Days.

The Flavor Changes over those 2 Days. And what might taste Funky when you First mix it can Taste Very Good after 2 Days. And Fantastic after 4 Days.

And Above ALL. Write down EVERUTHING you do when mix a Recipe. There is Nothing Worse than Making a Killer ADV but not being able to make it Again because you forget Exactly what you Put in It. And How Much.

yes sir everything everyone has been saying i have been taking notes A LOT OF VERY USEFUL information and i appreciate everyone that has responded to me
and i will be playing with different things i wouldnt mind doing this as a nice little side hobby plus it will save me a ton of cash

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
BINGO!

This is why I like to Spend a Little Time explain what is Going on. Instead of just Posting a Recipe Answer.

Because Now you are Thinking. And Making mental Pictures in you Mind. And once you start doing That, the Math becomes Straight Forward.

And the Numbers start to Represent Real Amounts. And not just some Value in an Online Calculator.

you got that right everything just started clicking
i am thankful for people who put in time to make tutorials or guides but at the same time like this thread for example
different ideas and questions have to be thrown around until one understands

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
yes sir everything everyone has been saying i have been taking notes A LOT OF VERY USEFUL information and i appreciate everyone that has responded to me
and i will be playing with different things i wouldnt mind doing this as a nice little side hobby plus it will save me a ton of cash

Cool.

DIY isn't hard when you can Picture what is Going On. And that Math Isn't that Bad.

Where it is hard is when you Just Look at all the Math with all the mg's and ml's and %'s and Divide that by that and Subtract something from Something Else.

Those are Just Numbers. They Don't have much Meaning if you Can't Picture what the Numbers Represent.

Sounds like you are Well on your Way. And Yes... You are Going to Save Money BIG TIME.

You're going to have some Failures. And some Mixes that just Don't Taste Good. But with the Money your are saving, So What? Toss them and try a New Mix.

Most of what you Mix will be Very Vapable. And with a Flavoring Tweak here or there, as good as Most of the e-Liquid you buy Retail. And a Few will be Much Better.

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
Cool.

DIY isn't hard when you can Picture what is Going On. And that Math Isn't that Bad.

Where it is hard is when you Just Look at all the Math with all the mg's and ml's and %'s and Divide that by that and Subtract something from Something Else.

Those are Just Numbers. They Don't have much Meaning if you Can't Picture what the Numbers Represent.

Sounds like you are Well on your Way. And Yes... You are Going to Save Money BIG TIME.

You're going to have some Failures. And some Mixes that just Don't Taste Good. But with the Money your are saving, So What? Toss them and try a New Mix.

Most of what you Mix will be Very Vapable. And with a Flavoring Tweak here or there, as good as Most of the e-Liquid you buy Retail. And a Few will be Much Better.

i agree 100% i can def see myself getting into this and still supporting my buddy that i always buy juice from
that and i totally feel i like such a total bad*** right now XD

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i agree 100% i can def see myself getting into this and still supporting my buddy that i always buy juice from
that and i totally feel i like such a total bad*** right now XD

You are a Bad***

Ya know why? Because Now You Understand it.

And the Mystery that was Hidden behind the Curtain has been Shown.

;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i just vaped some of the juice i just made not a super strong flavor but a bit of the after taste is def a jolly rancher type flavor
need to let it steep some more
can i use the hot water steep method and if so how many time can i do it?

You can put it in Warm Water if you Want.

You can Shake it.
You can Take the Cap Off.
You can put the Cap Back On.
You can put it in a Rock Tumbler.
You can Tape it to a Ceiling Fan Blade.
You can _______ whatever you like.

But I don't think Any of this does much More than letting it Sit in a Cool Dark place for 2 ~ 4 Days.

Taste it when you Mix it. If it Isn't Super Strong, that is a Good Sign. Because Many Flavors tend to get "Fuller" when they sit for 2 ~ 4 Days.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Hey, I've been lurking here today to see what you're up to with the DIY things. Just wanted to shout out some thanks. I hadn't planned on getting into DIY yet (I've only vaped for 3 months) but I won a DIY kit, so I figured I might need to get into some trouble with it this weekend. This convo has been very informative. :D

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
You can put it in Warm Water if you Want.

You can Shake it.
You can Take the Cap Off.
You can put the Cap Back On.
You can put it in a Rock Tumbler.
You can Tape it to a Ceiling Fan Blade.
You can _______ whatever you like.

But I don't think Any of this does much More than letting it Sit in a Cool Dark place for 2 ~ 4 Days.

Taste it when you Mix it. If it Isn't Super Strong, that is a Good Sign. Because Many Flavors tend to get "Fuller" when they sit for 2 ~ 4 Days.

lol on taping it to the ceiling fan...... i might try that jk
yes the flavor isnt very strong at all its there but the after taste def taste like a jolly rancher
will let it chill for a few days and try it again

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
Hey, I've been lurking here today to see what you're up to with the DIY things. Just wanted to shout out some thanks. I hadn't planned on getting into DIY yet (I've only vaped for 3 months) but I won a DIY kit, so I figured I might need to get into some trouble with it this weekend. This convo has been very informative. :D

rock on
all you have to do is ask the way i did im sure you will get some very informative replies from all the pros here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread