Help needed to buy the right e cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
Thank you to everyone for your help and advice - I have just put the order in to Amazon for the nautilus mini, coils and the istick. I just wish I'd come here in the first place instead of spending so much on unsatisfactory e cigs! Ok the order came to £60 but I've just totalled up the amount I've spent on crap and was shocked to discover it's over £100! I forgot I'd bought a Ten motives rechargeable when I couldn't get Nicolite cartomisers one weekend and I've also ordered an Eversmoke starter kit which hasn't come yet but I just know it won't be any better than the V2. Believing the V2 was supposed to be the best I also ordered an extra one plus cartomisers which came this morning. What an idiot I am!
Anyone else wasted money buying crap before finding the right e cig? Come on make me feel better!

Don't feel too bad, it happens to a lot of us. One of the reasons we love this site is a fantastic amount of information you can get it before you start vaping if you find it on a Google search. I started for a little while with a V2, however it didn't cost me too much as I seen on YouTube how to refill their cartridges right away, so which I did immediately and kept refilling them until they burned out. The biggest problem with the V2 and other sigalikes was getting enough vaper and holding enough liquid, as many posters here have stated. Once I went to a tank with a bigger battery I never looked back. I was a 1 to 2 pack a day smoker for 40+ years. I haven't touched a cancer stick in almost 2 months.:)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Anyone else wasted money buying crap before finding the right e cig? Come on make me feel better!

Yes. I wasted nearly $800 (£500+) on rip-off products. I even tried to take legal action against one company. Basically, they can say what they like, charge what they like and have as many fake reviews as their money can buy. That is how it works.... sadly.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thank you to everyone for your help and advice - I have just put the order in to Amazon for the nautilus mini, coils and the istick. I just wish I'd come here in the first place instead of spending so much on unsatisfactory e cigs! Ok the order came to £60 but I've just totalled up the amount I've spent on crap and was shocked to discover it's over £100! I forgot I'd bought a Ten motives rechargeable when I couldn't get Nicolite cartomisers one weekend and I've also ordered an Eversmoke starter kit which hasn't come yet but I just know it won't be any better than the V2. Believing the V2 was supposed to be the best I also ordered an extra one plus cartomisers which came this morning. What an idiot I am!

I would have to say that all of us spent money buying crap before finding solid ground, Kaydi. I was suckered in at the beginning. Basically spent $250usd on a cig-a-like set-up that was absolutely horrible. That was about 7 years ago. I stuck with it and progressed through equipment as things got bigger and better. Now it costs me less than $1 a day to vape. And they keep coming out with new shiny things every day! That's the part that you have to really look out for. Gear Acquisition Syndrome is the most dangerous aspect of vaping...

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
I can always get a second battery later if like you I feel the need. I'm gonna need some e juice (although I do have a couple of bottles I bought recently). Again there are so many to choose from so any advice would be welcome.

I always recommend a second and even a third battery. Batteries die, and they always do so at the most inopportune time possible. Having an extra battery charging while you're vaping on one is A necessity IMO:) Are you got to do is have a good nic urge and your battery is blinking away and won't charge to make you feel like :-x

Kaydi

May 28, 2015
That definitely makes me feel better - £500 is a hell of a lot worse than the £150 I've wasted.
I was surprised at the reply I received saying out of the ones I'd bought the Nicolite was the best (although still crap!) as I've found the Vype pen to be far better (although still crap!). It was after I got the Vype that I completely quit the real cigs (6 days now). I saw videos on YouTube on how to refill the Vype caps so I'm going to try that next in hope I don't have to buy any more refills while I'm waiting for my Amazon order.

Reactions: tvapernow

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Maybe djsvapour could chime in, but once I found Totally Wicked USA my beginner path to vaping really turned around. They were really good about making things right and had decent kit (if a little pricey). They started in the U.K. and have a site there as well... Totally Wicked UK

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
I would have to say that all of us spent money buying crap before finding solid ground, Kaydi. I was suckered in at the beginning. Basically spent $250usd on a cig-a-like set-up that was absolutely horrible. That was about 7 years ago. I stuck with it and progressed through equipment as things got bigger and better. Now it costs me less than $1 a day to vape. And they keep coming out with new shiny things every day! That's the part that you have to really look out for. Gear Acquisition Syndrome is the most dangerous aspect of vaping...

I have to agree, doing the web searches and looking at the latest goodies makes you want to keep reaching for that credit card. Instead, I started looking to DIY on my own juices, as at least spending money on that should save us money, and help us feel better about the purity of what we're vaping

Reactions: Kaezziel

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
That definitely makes me feel better - £500 is a hell of a lot worse than the £150 I've wasted.
I was surprised at the reply I received saying out of the ones I'd bought the Nicolite was the best (although still crap!) as I've found the Vype pen to be far better (although still crap!). It was after I got the Vype that I completely quit the real cigs (6 days now). I saw videos on YouTube on how to refill the Vype caps so I'm going to try that next in hope I don't have to buy any more refills while I'm waiting for my Amazon order.

Ahh, there is a story behind that Kaydi. In fact, there is a whole thread about Vype.
I didn't say the Nicolite was the best, but the one I would buy.
I wouldn't knowingly support Vype or V2. Vype are a tobacco company, them and Blu are basically trying to annihilate all the competition by supporting the BAN in 2016.
V2 are V2. To explain would take a page.

Either way, you are in for a nice surprise when your new stuff arrives. :)

When 2016 comes round, we will all be forced to vape tobacco company products unless Totally Wicked win the court case. Personally, I will not be vaping on a Vype... I'll either be vaping liquid from the deep freezer, the black market or not vaping at all.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I have to agree, doing the web searches and looking at the latest goodies makes you want to keep reaching for that credit card. Instead, I started looking to DIY on my own juices, as at least spending money on that should save us money, and help us feel better about the purity of what we're vaping

Yep. I DIY my own juices and my costs are waaaay down. Somewhere around $1.50 for a 30ml bottle. I haven't changed my vape budget (about $50/month), so I'm using what I save in juice to treat myself to the occasional gear purchase. I'm waiting for a clone Praxis mod and Derringer rda right now to decide whether or not I really want the authentic.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

...been there... done that... (buying cigalikes first). Granted, this is over two years ago and in USD... But I bought a cigalike... didn't get me totally to quit, but it opened my eyes. Bought one kit for $20USD, then a second because the first battery didn't last long enough, then bought a third... then bought several cartomizers for $10 for a pack of like five... They lasted less than a day each. I saved the old cartos and after I saw a collection of like 30 of them... I was like "there has to be a cheaper way, or a way to refill them".. so I dripped more ejuice into the Cartomizers... It made it much cheaper, but those cartos could only be filled about three times before they were burned beyond useability. Did some web research, and found a vape shop in Georgia (at that time, there was only one)... Bought an ego/stardust kit.. and THAT got me to quit.

It took a while before technology came to where it can really be a cheap alternative.. but it eventually did. The Istick is what I recommend to new vapers now.. but they have to get over the size.. they're bigger than a cigarette which is a mental hurdle to go over. Sometimes, Cigalikes help open other's eyes to vaping, but I don't think they are strong enough to effectively stop people from smoking. a 15W device provides enough for most people, and a 30w is even better.

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
Ahh, there is a story behind that Kaydi. In fact, there is a whole thread about Vype.
I didn't say the Nicolite was the best, but the one I would buy.
I wouldn't knowingly support Vype or V2. Vype are a tobacco company, them and Blu are basically trying to annihilate all the competition by supporting the BAN in 2016.
V2 are V2. To explain would take a page.

Either way, you are in for a nice surprise when your new stuff arrives. :)

When 2016 comes round, we will all be forced to vape tobacco company products unless Totally Wicked win the court case. Personally, I will not be vaping on a Vype... I'll either be vaping liquid from the deep freezer, the black market or not vaping at all.

Well put djsvapour!
This is also why I recommend everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY who is vaping to quit smoking needs to be looking into DIY to make your own juices and have some nicotine stored in the freezer before this worthless government with the FDA firmly in the pockets of big Pharma, big tobacco and the anti-smoking crazies regulates us into nothing but worthless little cigalikes. Believe me they don't care about you or your health in the slightest. It's about the money and only the money.

Kaydi

May 28, 2015
It sounds like I have an awful lot to learn about vaping and from the last couple of posts a lot of it is not good. I've not had chance yet to look into making my own juice but I certainly intend to. And those threads about Vype will be worth a read as I didn't realise they are made by a tobacco company. I bought it only because it was the best the little newsagent near me could offer but I find it's not consistent - sometimes I get a decent throat hit from it but not often but even so it certainly helps prevent the craving for a real cig and I've not had one for six days. The £150 I've wasted on e cigs is a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands I've spent on real fags over the years as I started when I was 11 and I'm now almost 57!

tvapernow

May 25, 2015
It sounds like I have an awful lot to learn about vaping and from the last couple of posts a lot of it is not good. I've not had chance yet to look into making my own juice but I certainly intend to. And those threads about Vype will be worth a read as I didn't realise they are made by a tobacco company. I bought it only because it was the best the little newsagent near me could offer but I find it's not consistent - sometimes I get a decent throat hit from it but not often but even so it certainly helps prevent the craving for a real cig and I've not had one for six days. The £150 I've wasted on e cigs is a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands I've spent on real fags over the years as I started when I was 11 and I'm now almost 57!

The money was not "wasted" at all! If it got you started in the vaping world and helps get you off the damn cancer sticks, it was worth that and so much more. That money may well turn out to have saved your life! No more beating yourself up allowed here just because you didn't start with the best. Very few of us did. :)

brayvape520

May 29, 2015
Hey there,
I am too a victim of this. But I am now a seasoned vaper. So the one that i finally found the most satisfaction with, and still do, is a SMPL 18650 mod with a mutation v2 rda, running 22g, 5 wrap. A M<XJO 18650 HI DRAIN battery. It has AMAZING FLAVOR, GREAT SMOOTH throat hits, and CHUCKS HUUUUGE CLOUDS. Of course a lot goes into vaping, such as quality, and VG/PG ratio of e-juice, as well as the right build on the rda/mech mod set-up. Practice/trial and error my friend.

Kaydi

May 28, 2015
The money was not "wasted" at all! If it got you started in the vaping world and helps get you off the damn cancer sticks, it was worth that and so much more. That money may well turn out to have saved your life! No more beating yourself up allowed here just because you didn't start with the best. Very few of us did. :)

You are so right and I certainly don't regret it as its the best thing I've ever done. I actually enjoy vaping more than smoking - no smelly ashtrays, no searching for a lighter, no more procrastinating saying I'll just have one more ... before doing whatever (a very bad habit of mine), I can vape in bed with no fear of causing a fire, my six cats are happier as they hated me smoking but best of all is the the health aspect - I have a medical condition that's aggravated by smoking and I'm already noticing an improvement

Kaydi

May 28, 2015
Sorry I had to post that before I was finished as I'd noticed my smilies don't show so I clicked on the ones on here but it put it before the Hi n even when I deleted it my curser refused to move!
What I was going to ask is do you know of a good UK site for cheap e juice? I've found one site but it asks you to what pg/vg mix you want and I don't have a clue! I did order one but I just guessed at the mix so it would be handy to know which one is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread