Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleJack

Jan 13, 2016
Hello guys,

I've been vaping for a few months now ON and OFF with an Apollo Reliant MOD and a Phazer 0.5 ohm tank but I have a big problem and I do not know if it's my fault or Sub-Ohm vaping is not for me, maybe you will help me.

I've been trying a lot of e-liquids, now I'm on Virgin Vapor (hope it's not a problem that I'm mentioning the brand) 100% VG. I'm vaping at 30W (if I increase the wattage the intake is too hot for me) and I feel next to nothing in terms of flavor. I mean, almost nothing, the smell is terrific, but the taste is not there at all! I've tried a lot of e-liquids from the brand mentioned above, I've tried other brands too, but I want to stick with Virgin since it has a better quality but, I cannot find my flavor...I cannot find A flavor that I can feel and this is driving me mad.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: I've been thinking to switch to a Nautilus Tank 5mg, with a 1.8 vertical coil maybe that will increase my tasting sensation with my 100% VG liquids. Should I go for it?

Reactions: thetrucker

UncleJack

Jan 13, 2016
I am still smoking analog cig, because the combos I've tried with my tank did not fulfilled me. But no more than 4-5 cig per day because even though I can taste barely nothing, the nicotine dose in the tank is still doing it's job.

I was thinking at taste buds fatigue and I've asked a friend to vape using my setup to see if he is feeling something. He's telling me what I already knew, that the aroma is faint, despite the fact that I've tried 5 types of Virgin Vapor. What are the chances to get all 5 types from a bad production set? I think very slim.

My last and only explanation is my tank, so I've ordered today a Nautilus Tank with 1.8 ohm vertical coil but this rises another question. Should I be vaping 100% VG Virgin Vapor into the new Nautilus tank? Can it break the coils faster? On the opposite corner, a PG based liquid could affect the coils in such a way that I will get juice in my mouth?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I am still smoking analog cig, because the combos I've tried with my tank did not fulfilled me. But no more than 4-5 cig per day because even though I can taste barely nothing, the nicotine dose in the tank is still doing it's job.

I was thinking at taste buds fatigue and I've asked a friend to vape using my setup to see if he is feeling something. He's telling me what I already knew, that the aroma is faint, despite the fact that I've tried 5 types of Virgin Vapor. What are the chances to get all 5 types from a bad production set? I think very slim.

My last and only explanation is my tank, so I've ordered today a Nautilus Tank with 1.8 ohm vertical coil but this rises another question. Should I be vaping 100% VG Virgin Vapor into the new Nautilus tank? Can it break the coils faster? On the opposite corner, a PG based liquid could affect the coils in such a way that I will get juice in my mouth?
As you are still smoking (if only a few a day), your taste buds are still affected from your smoking. It may take a month (months?) or so for your taste buds to fully heal once you have stopped smoking completely.

Concerning 100% Vg eliquids with Nautilus Aspire coils: This coil design is not favorable for very thick e-liquids, you may get some slow wicking leading to dry hits with all-Vg. I suggest using a Pg/Vg ration of at least 30/70 Pg/Vg to prevent wicking issues. Make sure you prime the coils adequately. You may also need to do "primer hits" (sucking on the tank without power on) intermittantly.

Different tanks vape differently. Some are better for flavor, some are better for vapor.

Reactions: NOVA jon

UncleJack

Jan 13, 2016
So I have received my 5ml nautilus tank today. There is a big difference with regards to air-flow intake in comparison with the Phazer Tank, but I was expecting that at only 1.8mm diameter. I have primed the coil, let it soak with the liquid for 15 minutes and did some dry hits with no power too.

Regarding vaping, I am doing it at 13W with a 1.8ohm coil delivered with the tank. The intake is not hot, I like it. The tank is legit, I've checked it on aspire website. The tank behaves very well, no spitting liquid no nothing, no dry hits either, BUT the problem is still there, I cannot taste the liquid. I have tried Death By Chocolate & Original Sin from VV 100%PG (but I guess is not really 100%, I think it's more like 90/10 or 80/20).

I am very frustrated honestly, I have ordered 2 other flavors from VV, I'll wait and see how those will be. If that will still not be successful, I'm gonna go insane I think :(

PS: If anyone is from Coventry, UK, or near, give me a buzz, I would definitely pay you a visit to try it by yourself and see if someone could cure my "madness" :(

PSS: Another option will be for someone who tried my setup at some point, to recommend me some e-juice which they know for sure its tasty...

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Just from what I have noticed in my own experience, too much power will destroy the flavor in my tanks. With the Nautilus 1.8Ω 13 Watts is actually pushing the Maximum limit from what I know. I have found that different flavors in the same tank and coil have different tastes and some of my e-Liquids require lower power.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely

Reactions: Kprthevapr

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hello guys,

I've been vaping for a few months now ON and OFF with an Apollo Reliant MOD and a Phazer 0.5 ohm tank but I have a big problem and I do not know if it's my fault or Sub-Ohm vaping is not for me, maybe you will help me.

I've been trying a lot of e-liquids, now I'm on Virgin Vapor (hope it's not a problem that I'm mentioning the brand) 100% VG. I'm vaping at 30W (if I increase the wattage the intake is too hot for me) and I feel next to nothing in terms of flavor. I mean, almost nothing, the smell is terrific, but the taste is not there at all! I've tried a lot of e-liquids from the brand mentioned above, I've tried other brands too, but I want to stick with Virgin since it has a better quality but, I cannot find my flavor...I cannot find A flavor that I can feel and this is driving me mad.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: I've been thinking to switch to a Nautilus Tank 5mg, with a 1.8 vertical coil maybe that will increase my tasting sensation with my 100% VG liquids. Should I go for it?

I could not find a good juice I could taste until I stumbled upon Red Hot Cinnamon and Mixed in a good dose of Menthol and this has been my favorite for two years....

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
back in the cig-alike days, that was my problem with BLU. wonderful aroma, no flavor. guess what, they are 100% VG. As has already been mentioned, try some PG in there. Its pretty much the concensus that PG carries the flavor, VG provides the clouds.

Also, when buying pre-made juices, i've had a lot of hit-and-miss kind of luck. i try a flavor, its amazing so i order more, and when it arrives, it pales in comparison, sometimes next to no flavor at all. I've come to the conclusion that these companies must not have good quality control or something, heck the B&M down the street mixes your batch right in front of you, and they dont measure anything at all, they just eyeball it. I went DIY and never looked back, cause you never know what youre going to get when you buy a bottle of pre-made juice.

you might try a premium juice, splurge on a bottle of five pawns or something, and see if you arent happily surprised. My DIY cannot come close to some of the premium juices out there, i wish i knew what they were doing =)

UncleJack

Jan 13, 2016
Hi guys,

I am back with some updates: I have tried O-Rangz by 12 Monkeys which is 80VG and finally I can say that I feel something !!! Hurray !!! Maybe this is due the liquid and due to the fact that I have now 4 days since I last smoked an analogue cigarette. The most awesome part is that, my room-mate is smoking analogs in front of me, and I do NOT crave for it at all. I was very surprised to see that, since I've been an analogue smoker for the last 10 years. I've just realized that this is the first time in 10 years since I have not smoked a bloody toxic cigarette for 4 days :)

I've been through a nasty cough, I still have it but it's not that bad anymore (maybe this is the way my body is eliminating 10 years of toxic stuff in my lungs) and I also experienced some dizziness (maybe due to more oxygen than in the past 10 years going to my brain), but, hey, this means I'm on the right track right? :)

A friend also borrowed me a iSub G tank with 0.5 ohm coil, and I can say that the vapor production is huge in comparison with my Nautilus 1.8 ohm BVC OCC (due to the bigger air intake too) but, the juice runs A LOT faster, I mean, it's disappearing in front of my eyes, and the coil needed to be replaced after 2 days of use even though it was brand new. And the vapor was quite hot. And sometimes I feel the need to cough due to the thickness of the vapor.. but that's just me.

In respect with my Nautilus, I have it for 4 days, and I still have not changed the coil and I had no dry hits, the tank capacity is better, and the battery lasts longer since it needs only 12 Watts.
Overall, even though I'm not a big fan of the shape of the Nautilus, I like the fact that the tank capacity is big, the coils are OCC 1.8 ohm, the vapor is cold and I like it this way, and is working flawless so far, low wattage = more battery, and even though the air intake is not that big, the biggest whole is giving me the perfect throat hit when I go straight for lung-vape, and the smallest whole is perfect for replicating very very close the mouth-lung vaping.

All I need to do now is to explore more high-end liquids, and regarding this, could you recommend me some high-end e-juice? Organic and non-toxic, because I read there are a lot of liquids out there which are not that healthy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread