Help on TC40W repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guska

Jan 20, 2017
So my other half dropped her TC40W out of her pocket whilst on the back of my bike. It got run over by several cars. I manages to extract the guts intact and it seems almost all good.

Battery is fine, it charges after I reshaped the USB port.

The only issue is that it reads EVERY tank at 0.05-0.17ohm. I put a 0.5ohm tank on it (tested both in my mod and on my coilmaster tester) and it read 0.17, where my 0.11 Limitless XL reads at 0.05. Even when it reads at 0.17, it fires for 0.2s and comes up "Atomizer Low".

What is the likely culprit? The connector itself? All solder joints look good, and there's only very minor damage to the board where I slid it out. No components look fried.

I can't attach photos as I'm on my phone and they're too big, and I'm not allowed to link yet.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Oh, we'll be getting her a new one, but I enjoy repairing electronics that are supposedly non user serviceable. Was thinking about upgrading the battery in it and recasing it as well, to use as an 'all day' unit when I'm on the bike to avoid carrying my bulkier dual battery mod.
Replace the chip with oem, drop in replacement.
You're the hero. Good luck..

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I dropped a CF4 on a tile floor. Tank glass was fine. Top of deck was bent so all the tanks are now at a 5 degree tilt. Still works just fine.:confused:
CF4 tilt.jpg

guska

Jan 20, 2017
I had a Nautilus mini run over by a car and it survived except for the glass!
The Kanger Pangu on this one is a little bent, but the glass was nowhere to be found

Replace the chip with oem, drop in replacement.
You're the hero. Good luck..
Which chip? That's the problem.

great selling point for the istick line.....run over in traffic .... a bit wonky but still workin" :lol::lol::lol:
I was surprised, I'll admit.

guska

Jan 20, 2017
I think that there is only one PC Board in the iStick TC40W if I am remembering correctly when I was looking into replacing it. I was researching it for curiosity not because of a problem with my battery life or charging.

Correct, only one board. I've all but given up chasing the problem, as all components seem to test up as expected on the multimeter. I'm going to try another 510 connector, but that's as far as I'm going to go with it.

guska

Jan 20, 2017
How did you test the board? In my opinion it is the board that actually reads the resistance and the 510 is just a connector.
I tested resistance and continuity across all components except the ICs, and compared with similar, known writhing components.

It appears that I neglected to mention that it ALWAYS shows "Atomizer Low", even with no atomizer attached.

I tend to check simple, easy stuff first, before moving on to more complicated options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread