Help, Please! Can't get the 'Inner Ring' out of my new CE2s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hi there! I'm a boge carto girl, but just started branching out to CE2s. My first ones just arrived, and trying to fill first carto. I took out the top mouthpiece plug, but now I can't get the Inner Ring (over the fill plug) out of the dang thing! lol I've tried prying it out with tweezers and a little pokey thing, but no dice. Anyone know what i can do to get it out? Thanks so much!

-CE2 carto noob

{PS} Apparently the thing I cant get out is called an 'o ring'. Its the thing that covers the area with the holes. So to be clear, the rubber top piece comes out, but Oring won't come out. Any help?

This is the clearomizer I'm using, btw. This description calls the thing that won't come out the 'inner small loop'
http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1071&products_id=7864

Last edited:

Dying2Live

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
New Jersey
I remove that rubber cup that hugs the wicks under the o-ring, than I just use that o-ring (with ridges facing down) and push tightly down against ceramic cup, these works 1000 times better without that tight rubber cup. to remove the rubber cup either use a mini screwdriver (eyeglass kits are the best) or a hooked paper clip, keep playing with it and it will pop out eventually.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
A dental tool ( can be purchased at the local grocery store in the toothpaste aisle) works splendidly to remove the "fill cap" Occasionally the cap will stick to the sides of the carto, running the tool along the edges of the fill cap with a little vg or pg on it, will help to loosen that seal/stickiness. Then pry up from the center of the ring, it actually works better if you go with the line of the wick/coil I think there's more to grip there.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
A dental tool ( can be purchased at the local grocery store in the toothpaste aisle) works splendidly to remove the "fill cap" Occasionally the cap will stick to the sides of the carto, running the tool along the edges of the fill cap with a little vg or pg on it, will help to loosen that seal/stickiness. Then pry up from the center of the ring, it actually works better if you go with the line of the wick/coil I think there's more to grip there.

That sounds like the problem I'm having. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread