Help please. My bro is a long time smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyray

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2015
So my brother is a long time smoker like 9 years. He wants to quit smoking and try vaping. Now I have a few questions to ask.

First how should he start? Should he get higher end mod and tank and just the cheap starter kits.

Second. What nic do y'all recommend because the guys at the local shop say start him out at 24-18 but he has tried my 12 and says its too strong so I'm think a 6.

Any help would be great thanks guys

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy! and welcome!

what strength cigarettes and how many is he smoking a day? this will give some insight into suggestions...
generally, for my friends that have made the switch, i have recommended something like the kanger subox mini kit (start with 1.5ohm coils) or an innokin disrupter and kanger subtank mini (again, starting with 1.5ohm coils)... the cheap starter kits often seem to frustrate folks genuinely trying to quit - they are much better than the cig-a-likes, but still somewhat sub-optimal, in my experience... getting a little better kit to start avoids spending the money twice, but your mileage may vary

Reactions: Reyray

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Until last dec I was a PAD smoker for 35 years.. If Bro wants to try vaping with the intention of MAYBE quitting.... Give it a shot. I picked up vaping with the plan of if I like it I will try to quit.. 6 months later i noticed I hadn't smoked in several week.... I guess I quit, huh.

I would start out with a 30watt or less regulated mod. 30watt is 2-3 times more watts than needed to quit smoking. Which mod doesn't matter, get the one you like best. There's plenty to chose from at $40 or less. Istic and MVP are probably the best. I would start with a clearomiser like a Nautilus or protank, maybe a Subtank type, but using 1.5ohm or higher coils. I would AVOID subohm coils till after you decide you like vaping and to quit smoking. I would buy a rebuildable atomizer, to learn to build coils on, but not for everyday use.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I would buy him an i stick 50 watt and a pro tank by kanger. If he outgrows the pro tank he can upgrade to a sub ohm tank. As far as juice goes i would try the 18 mg in a 50 50 mix of pg and vg. Should be quite smooth. If he finds this too strong buy some vg from the chemist and mix it 50 50 with the e juice and he'll be fine with that. Good luck and vape on.

Reyray

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2015
Okay thank you everybody will keep this in mind when we go to a vape shop. Also I'm vaping on a aspire cf sub ohm mod with a dark horse RDA signal coil at 0.4 ohms. (Weird set up I know but I love it) when he tried mine I had a 6 nic juice but I know hit is different with a tank and a RDA so I'm going to let him barrow my aerotank and a itaste mod I have and some juice for a week and see how he likes it.

Reactions: sisu

Reyray

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2015
Update

So the guy already went and got a cheap starter kit and the local store he got it from does not make good juice. And like we all agreed he is not so sure about vaping. Still I'm going to let him try out my mods and tanks for a week and maybe he will fall for vaping like we all did. Thanks for all the tips guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread