Help Please with confusion on "clearos" , batteries, and V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riccol

Feb 2, 2017
Hi,
I made a clean break from real cigarettes to e-pens 3 yrs, 3 mnths ago and for the last year or so, V2 has been my brand.
I have all three types of batteries shown here
E-Cigarette Batteries | V2.com
and have been buying these
V2 EX Blanks for E-Liquid (3-Pack)
from the local smoke shop as he sold them cheaper than V2 themselves offered them online.
With the drastic price increase that went into effect in Oct, they are now $5 a unit regardless of whether I buy a 2-pack locally or the 3-packs from V2. It's getting WAY too expensive.
So today I was Googling around for other suppliers of the "V2 Ex Blanks for e-liquid" and happened on this thread here:
V2 Cigs EX Blanks
All these years and I had no idea that parts might be interchangeable among brands! I followed a link in that thread to these:
e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5
Awesome! Quite a bit cheaper! But I don't know if they are compatible with my V2 batteries (as shown in the first link above.)?
Help?
Thank you.

Riccol

Feb 2, 2017
Mr Google says they are common 808 threads. But still, keep googling-there is a lot out there.

I don't know what that means? Are you saying my V2 batteries are "808 threads" but the e-Smart clearomizers are not?
(I am sorry the links I included to show the items I am asking about were removed, I didn't know new posters can't use links. :()

Riccol

Feb 2, 2017
Are you talking about these? e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5

If so, then yes they will work with the V2 batteries, use to use them years ago, for the same reason you said, a lot cheaper.

Super!! Thankyou! I am so glad I found that thread here today that tipped me off to being able to use different parts. My local smoke shop doubled the prices on all e-cig/vapor related items in October. I've since found my favorite juice online for much cheaper but it never occured to me I could use non-V2 tanks.

Reactions: Nailz

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I once bought an e-smart kit. At less than 20% of the price of V2, I figured it was worth a go.

Everything/anything is cheaper than V2. They mostly aren't 'bad' e-cigs, just the prices are outrageous across the product range. At one point they were selling the world's most expensive cig-a-like battery.
A $1.87 battery for $27.99

Just dreadful, and seemingly nobody can halt their progress. I just thank the vape gods they don't have much of a hold in the UK.

Reactions: daviedog

Riccol

Feb 2, 2017
I once bought an e-smart kit. At less than 20% of the price of V2, I figured it was worth a go.

Everything/anything is cheaper than V2. They mostly aren't 'bad' e-cigs, just the prices are outrageous across the product range. At one point they were selling the world's most expensive cig-a-like battery.
A $1.87 battery for $27.99

Just dreadful, and seemingly nobody can halt their progress. I just thank the vape gods they don't have much of a hold in the UK.

When I first switched, I was using prefilled disposable carts because about five years ago we had a brief foray into the electronic cigarette thing and found that refilling the carts ourselves with liquid was a messy, sticky experience that left us with the unpleasant burnt feeling on lips and tonque from the liquid leaking. So when I decided to make the switch two years later that bad experience was forefront in my mind and I didn't want anything I had to fill myself. I just didn't realize how far things had come in that short time, how any more and better options there were. The when my original brand of e-cig became ridiculously expensive not to mention increasingly hard to obtain carts for, I was stuck in limbo for a while, using various low-cost e-cigs with disposable prefilled carts until I could find something else I liked. After a couple of months of that nonsense the local smoke shop owner pointed these little V2 "kits" out to me. At only $14.99 they were the same price-point as the one-time use disposables like Blu which retail here for $10-$12 and rechargeables w/ disposable carts like Vuse which were selling for $10 plus $5 for a two-pack of carts. So I bought one and loved it. Easy to fill, no leaks - nothing like my prior bad experience - and WAY more cost effective then having to buy disposable carts. Since then I have scored a number of the Long V2 batteries for less then $10 when the V2 site was having sales. I like the Long batteries as they last me all day yet they are still small and thin enough to keep in my pocket. Or sock, LOL.
I don't know how he managed it but the local smoke shop was selling the V2 stuff for quite a bit cheaper then the V2 website itself so the price was right for me until Oct when as I said, everything related to ecigs/vaping doubled. So anyways, that how I ended up a V2 user and how I ended up at this forum - looking for a less expensive source for the "tanks".
v2ex.jpg

Reactions: djsvapour

Riccol

Feb 2, 2017
I received my new E-smart clearomizers from VaporKings today and woohoo! They are larger than the V2 ones so I was bummed when they came thinking they wouldn't possibly fit on my little V2 batteries but they do and the one I am trying now is working great. Better than the V2 ones, it gives a stronger hit and makes more vapor on exhale. Going to be doing more exhaling down my shirt now, LOL. And hmm, it might be powerful enough to entice my husband into trying it and maybe ditching the real things now. And since the tank is larger I won't have to fill it as often either. For half the price of what i was paying for the V2 ones, I couldn't be happier. Now just to see how long I can get out of one.
Thanks so much to you all who linked to where to get them and verified they would work for my batteries.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I received my new E-smart clearomizers from VaporKings today and woohoo! They are larger than the V2 ones so I was bummed when they came thinking they wouldn't possibly fit on my little V2 batteries but they do and the one I am trying now is working great. Better than the V2 ones, it gives a stronger hit and makes more vapor on exhale. Going to be doing more exhaling down my shirt now, LOL. And hmm, it might be powerful enough to entice my husband into trying it and maybe ditching the real things now. And since the tank is larger I won't have to fill it as often either. For half the price of what i was paying for the V2 ones, I couldn't be happier. Now just to see how long I can get out of one.
Thanks so much to you all who linked to where to get them and verified they would work for my batteries.
I never get tired of hearing about success stories....Congrats on beating the stinkies.

You should visit ecf more often. The ecig industry has grown by leaps and bounds since those messy carts were around.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread