[Help] TFV8 Baby Beast (0.15 ohm) Tube Mech Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla109

Feb 23, 2017
So I did a lot of researching online and could not find a any configurations of a mechanical mod with such tank, TFV8 Baby Beast, (NOT rba version). The coil I'm using has a resistance of 0.15 ohms (X4 Coil prebuilt), which is incredibly low.

I am trying to build a mech mod (tube) and need some help with choosing the right battery and mod. I am trying to get the smallest config possible.

Thanks!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Honestly, that is not going to give a good vape... the most you'll likely be able to find in a regulated tube is 60 watts... the vape would be anemic. On a mech WITH A STANDARD 510 (never, ever a hybrid for that tank), you would need a LG HB2, 4, or 6 battery. These are the only cells rated to 30 Amps and that coil would pull nearly 28 Amps on a fresh charge. But, those cells are only 1500 mAh... your vape time would be something like 40 pulls before the battery was drained, and the ramp up would be long...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tesla109

Feb 23, 2017
Honestly, that is not going to give a good vape... the most you'll likely be able to find in a regulated tube is 60 watts... the vape would be anemic. On a mech WITH A STANDARD 510 (never, ever a hybrid for that tank), you would need a LG HB2, 4, or 6 battery. These are the only cells rated to 30 Amps and that coil would pull nearly 28 Amps on a fresh charge. But, those cells are only 1500 mAh... your vape time would be something like 40 pulls before the battery was drained, and the ramp up would be long...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I see... thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Furthermore, prebuilt coilheads usually have the positive and negative separated by a thin rubber gromit. If that ruptures you'll have a hard short. Not familiar with the bb coilheads but you'll want to check that before you proceed.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread