Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
[
Fear of the unknown makes my head go DUH but I do want to help. Am I supposed to just tweet these messages and hashtags? Do I send em somewhere specific? Im not twitter literate at all.
QUOTE=rolygate;11443521]OK. See the template message in point #6 in post 1.

The EU are trying to bring in an ecig ban by backdoor methods even though a ban was defeated in the EU Parliament. The entire process is totally corrupt and is driven by financial motives not public health. We need to stop the EU's ecig ban, and their officials, journalists and many others monitor messages with certain hashtags (tags that start with a # symbol).

So if you send a message like, "Stop the undemocratic EU ecig ban. #EUecigban #EU #ecigs"
...then it will add to the volume of messages sent between 9pm and 10pm UTC (GMT) and they will top the trending lists and be seen by many. For example, journalists see this traffic and comment on it.

This is called a 'Twitterbomb' and it does have an effect.[/QUOTE]

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
[
Fear of the unknown makes my head go DUH but I do want to help. Am I supposed to just tweet these messages and hashtags? Do I send em somewhere specific? Im not twitter literate at all.
QUOTE=rolygate;11443521]OK. See the template message in point #6 in post 1.

The EU are trying to bring in an ecig ban by backdoor methods even though a ban was defeated in the EU Parliament. The entire process is totally corrupt and is driven by financial motives not public health. We need to stop the EU's ecig ban, and their officials, journalists and many others monitor messages with certain hashtags (tags that start with a # symbol).

So if you send a message like, "Stop the undemocratic EU ecig ban. #EUecigban #EU #ecigs"
...then it will add to the volume of messages sent between 9pm and 10pm UTC (GMT) and they will top the trending lists and be seen by many. For example, journalists see this traffic and comment on it.

This is called a 'Twitterbomb' and it does have an effect.
[/QUOTE]

Well if you go to Twitter and put "@epipeman" into the search bar you'll see what I attempted. Whether that's right or wrong I can't say but it's what I did. People must've "got it" somehow as some of these were retweeted. Good luck!

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
I got in about 125 tweets by 4:30 before getting an alert that I was over my daily tweet limit. I'm a Tweeting newb, so any help in how I should be doing this is appreciated. Created an account yesterday just for this stuff.

Check out Hoot Suite it really helped me.

I feel bad now as I only sent 35 tweets. I'll do better tomorrow :evil:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Check out Hoot Suite it really helped me.

I feel bad now as I only sent 35 tweets. I'll do better tomorrow :evil:

What I saw on the site is a trial version.

I wish this could be done like the Daily Action Plan where all I have to do is click the links and I've tweeted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread