EU Help the Twitterbomb - nightly, 1st December >> 9pm UTC >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Whoever knows what the plan is for each day with twitterbombs or anything else, please post here or let us know where the information is.

I second the motion, and will be watching this space...

(Re yesterday's twitterbomb: Ryedan, you are one magnificent tweeting machine! Kudos and a big :thumbs:!!!)

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Many MEP's etc do not know what is e-cigarette.

I found this GREAT Youtube video explanation
E-cig Generations - YouTube

73-year-old lady vaper switched after smoking for 55 years!
.. great video!

Pls feel (more than) free to tweet and re-tweet this :)

German Thunderclap

EU non-refillable e-cig proposal is exactly like a Big Tobacco product
.. scroll down for English

EU is planning a breach of the constitution
.. by planning to forbid free speech regarding e-cigs

In the new claims regarding the TPD2 and hidden within the ban on advertising there is a passage which reads:

“d) any form of public or private contribution to radio programmes with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes is prohibited;
e) any form of public or private contribution to any event, activity or individual with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and involving or taking place in several Member States or otherwise having cross-border effects is prohibited;”

This means nothing else but a factual ban of e-cigarette forums, blogs, facebook groups, youtube channels, as well as consumers’ associations and interest groups related to the e-cigarette!

Last edited:

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I still don't understand who we are supposed to be tweeting to though.
Someone said they sent their tweets to no one, but I don't know how that works.
:)

Once you log onto twitter and post a tweet containing #EUecigBAN, it will post to what I call "twitter general delivery," i.e. it will be visible to anyone searching twitter for that term (including the hashtag, which designates "EUecigBAN" as a subject. The @ symbol designates a tweet addressed to that person. Here's a sample tweet I posted today:

New #EUecigBAN = @EU_Commission having a hissy fit like spoiled children. #ecigs #EU

That tweet will show up for anyone searching any of the terms #EUecigBAN, #ecigs, or #EU. In addition, it will show up on the @EU_Commission twitter page.

In effect, I was posting to the "twitter" forum, #EUecigBAN subforum, with a kind of "public PM" to the Commission.

Short answer: We are tweeting to the WORLD!

Hope this helps a bit. I'm a twoob myself, still learning...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Once you log onto twitter and post a tweet containing #EUecigBAN, it will post to what I call "twitter general delivery," i.e. it will be visible to anyone searching twitter for that term (including the hashtag, which designates "EUecigBAN" as a subject. The @ symbol designates a tweet addressed to that person. Here's a sample tweet I posted today:

New #EUecigBAN = @EU_Commission having a hissy fit like spoiled children. #ecigs #EU

That tweet will show up for anyone searching any of the terms #EUecigBAN, #ecigs, or #EU. In addition, it will show up on the @EU_Commission twitter page.

In effect, I was posting to the "twitter" forum, #EUecigBAN subforum, with a kind of "public PM" to the Commission.

Short answer: We are tweeting to the WORLD!

Hope this helps a bit. I'm a twoob myself, still learning...

I'm also very new to Twitter just having got an account last week. Really don't understand what I'm doing yet.

My tweets have this general formula:

"Shame on you EU. Selling out lives to Big Pharma and tobacco in exchange for money #EUecigban #ecigs #EU"

I got that 'format' from Roly's post at the beginning of this thread.

So, is there any advantage to use for example "@EU_Commission" in the tweet and have it show up on the @EU_Commission twitter page? Can you add "@EU_Commission" at the end of the tweet? What about re-tweeting something someone else tweets, is there any advantage in doing this other than passing on a really good tweet?

Also, please explain the difference if I put a hashtag at the beginning as AgentAnia did above instead of the end:

"#EUecigban shame on you EU. Selling out lives to Big Pharma and tobacco in exchange for money #ecigs #EU"

What is "#EUecigban" exactly? Sort of like a thread here?

I also run into a 125 or so tweet limit in about 30 minutes and the system then shuts me down for a while. Would I be better off to tweet slower or is that an hourly limit?

JC_ThankYou.gif

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Okeydokey, I'm calling this post "The Best of AgentAnia" (Like those "best of" CDs) :lol: No but seriously... here are a few. No pride of authorship. Public domaine. Feel free to tweet as your own...

Remove #ecigs from the TPD! #EUecigBAN #EU

Developing legislative proposal through ad hoc drafts circulated at closed CHWG meetings is illegal, unethical. #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

No health or safety problems to justifiy this hasty and confused ‘emergency’ ecig regulation. Stop. Back up. Do it right. #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

@EU_Commission engaged in back-door ecig rulemaking, ignoring EU parliament vote. Shameful! #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

#Ecigs could obsolete smoking. What does @EU_Commission want to do to them? Wants to BAN them! NO to #EUecigBAN #EU

Vapers kick ...., take names. Vapers are angry. Nicotine improves memory. We will remember the @EU_Commission. #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

@EU_Commission bringing shame on public health, medical communities, government bodies everywhere. #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

Vapers are voters, millions of voters. Remember that, @EU_Commission. #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

Big Pharma wants @EU_Commission to do their work for them! http://www.ecigarette-research.com/...lous-propaganda-from-a-pharmaceutical-company #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

If your MEP votes against #ecigs, vote him/her out of office! #EUecigBAN #EU

Thank you, Dr. Farsalinos! Truth about Big Pharma: http://www.ecigarette-research.com/...lous-propaganda-from-a-pharmaceutical-company #EUecigBAN #EU #ecigs

#EUecigBAN will put thousands out of work. Shame on you, @EU_Commission! #EU #ecigs

#EUecigBAN = 100s of small businesses closed 1000s out of work. Shame on you @EU_Commission. #ecigs #EU

Nicotine strengths, flavors are why #ecigs work. Listen to users, not pharma shills. http://www.ecigarette-research.com/...lous-propaganda-from-a-pharmaceutical-company #EUecigBAN #EU

@EU_Commission will be responsible for biggest black market since American Prohibition. STOP the #EUecigBAN! #EU #ecigs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread