EU Help the Twitterbomb - nightly, 1st December >> 9pm UTC >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
Then he has no idea what's in the current proposals or that light touch is impossible!

Post it here by all means, I'd be interested to see it - just to see if there's a copy and paste element as there were with my ones :)

I've created a new thread as not to distract from the twitterbomb for which this great thread was created.

It's within this section of the forums, if you can't find it I'll be able to supply the link here as soon as I'm at my laptop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Those of us who have been paying attention knew this was the proper strategy for Big tobacco all along...

3) Ineffective strategic response.
Firstly, we must advise what will not work – and that is a fair competitive fight. It will not be sufficient simply to enter the highly competitive market, buy e-cigarette companies and then try to close it down. That strategy would be defeated by competition, the rise of non-tobacco e-cigarette players and new entrants. They would simply market better products and take market share from both the cigarette and e-cigarette businesses of tobacco majors.
4) Effective strategic response.
The correct and only viable approach is to rely on regulation. The ideal regulation of e-cigarettes will have two main attributes, aligned with the aims in 2) above:

a) To make e-cigarettes as unattractive as possible relative to smoking;
b) To set design parameters for e-cigarettes that are most easily met by tobacco companies and fit best with the established cigarette business model.

No longer is Big Pharma and their minions our only enemy.
Now it is clear that Big Tobacco is doing what most of us expected them to do.

Our fight is enormous, but our passion is unsurpassed.

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
Those of us who have been paying attention knew this was the proper strategy for Big Tobacco all along...

No longer is Big Pharma and their minions our only enemy.
Now it is clear that Big Tobacco is doing what most of us expected them to do.

Our fight is enormous, but our passion is unsurpassed.

While I believe our fight is enormous, the redheadfullofsteam document is a spoof. This is not a real release as far as I can tell. Here's the address on the document

Satanica Fake Public Relations SA
Avenue de Hades
B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
T: +32 2 666 666 00

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
While I believe our fight is enormous, the redheadfullofsteam document is a spoof. This is not a real release as far as I can tell. Here's the address on the document
Oh snap!!

fished-in-small.jpg

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Just found this retweet, so I guess it's #NOecigBAN from now till 15th.

RT " @GordonAlanBeard For a few days ONLY please use #NOecigBAN NOT the usual EUecigBAN - will help Twitterbomb effectiveness 15/12/13"

(So now I'm busy doing a find-and-replace on all my 133 "canned" tweets to use now... oy)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A spoof that contains many solid gold nuggets of truth...

I thought it was priceless. Specially liked:

"9) Further assistance. As always Satanica consultants are standing by. Please call the Merchants of Death Helpline on the usual number if we may assist you further."

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
My Sisters! :toast:
Same here (down to TNG and Renaissance fairs :D). Never wanted to be bothered with politics. I'm more than a little ashamed that I didn't get angry enough to fight a long time ago, while I was still a smoker. I respect Audrey Silk from NYC more than I can say.

I never thought in a million years I'd have need for Twitter. I've been swearing off Facebook since it's inception. If I wind up getting an account there, it'll be my version of self-immolation in the name of the cause.

Point is, they can't get me back to sleep now. And the people who know me aren't being allowed to walk around with illusions about the nature of tobacco control as it relates to "public health" anymore. Vapers aren't solitary humans. We have friends and family and they talk to other people too. My biggest supporter now used to be the worst bully when it came to my smoking. She's become sympathetic to smokers even.

I'd like to believe it's spreading :)

Thank you, Sister :wub:

Yup. As William Shakespeare already said:
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" :evil:

And you should have heard my (non-vaping) friends over the weekend when I told them about the proposed prohibition of freedom of expression for each and every citizen of each and every country that belongs to the EU :mad:

Rock on! :vapor:

I love the attitudes of the French as well. :wub:
The French people do not take crap from anyone, least of all from beaurocrats trying to dictate to the people what to do.
In 1798, the French people marched on the Bastille , effectively putting an end to dictatorship. And up to this day, the people of France do not take kindly to any kind of dictatorship from above.

I remember a few years back, the French government was planning to do something that went against the interests of those governed ( = the people). Well, the French people shut down the entire country. Not one truck was running, delivering goods. Not one highway was usable, as the truck drivers blocked them all. Even the airports were closed down. The entire country ground to a halt.

After a few days, the government had to give in. As the French people had shown the government clearly just WHO runs the country :sneaky:

.. Yes, I am very happy that the French vapers are also standing up against the proposed dictatorship of a few un-elected beaurocrats in some office building in Brussels. :)

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Oh don't worry Anje they are already filled with righteous indignation,since the debacle of the Toulouse tobacconist winning his case to have his neighbors
e-cigshop closed, yesterday:evil: (though it will take years to put into effect.)
Yes the French certainly don't stand for much when it comes to their liberties being curtailed ,& it seems only obey Europes decrees if it suits them:D

Viva la revolution j/k:D

Last edited:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
...And you should have heard my (non-vaping) friends over the weekend when I told them about the proposed prohibition of freedom of expression for each and every citizen of each and every country that belongs to the EU :mad:

Every citizen of the EU, not just vapers, should indeed be up in arms and speaking out against this provision in Article 18. If it's passed, it sets a precedent for anyone who wishes to speak out about anything. "First they shut the vapers up and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a vaper, then they shut the [insert name of next group "they" don't agree with...] up..."

...The French people do not take crap from anyone, least of all from beaurocrats trying to dictate to the people what to do.
In 1798, the French people marched on the Bastille , effectively putting an end to dictatorship. And up to this day, the people of France do not take kindly to any kind of dictatorship from above...

Allons enfants de la vaperie, les jours de gloire vont arriver!

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Every citizen of the EU, not just vapers, should indeed be up in arms and speaking out against this provision in Article 18. If it's passed, it sets a precedent for anyone who wishes to speak out about anything. "First they shut the vapers up and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a vaper, then they shut the [insert name of next group "they" don't agree with...] up..."

Darling, if this dictatorial nonsense is passed (which I doubt, even the EU cannot be that stupid) then it will be challenged in court, believe me.
And prohibiting freedom of expression for all citizens of a number of democratic countries.. that has an ice cube's chance in h** to be upheld in any court except for Russia, North Korea and maybe China :evil:

But the fact that they even think about it .. that says enough.

Just found this:

Matt Damon on Civil Disobedience

This is really worth watching!

Last edited:

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Dr Gilbert Ross supporting the European Vapers (9 Dec 2013)

http://www.theparliament.com/latest...m-blog-gilbert-ross-ecigarettes/#.UqeRYtLuLoa

Which brings us to the current disturbing situation. The momentum to ban or severely restrict eCigarettes seemed insurmountable, but vapers throughout Europe demonstrated loudly over the past summer, and the salutary culmination – or so we thought - was a ringing veto of the eCigarette ban by MEPs on October 8.

Devotees of public health and anti-smoking groups (such as mine, The American Council on Science and Health) were beside ourselves with surprise and joy, but not so much as the vapers themselves, seeing what appeared to be victory snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Not so fast: the proponents of rendering Europe free of eCigarettes, or rendering them impotent, still held sway at the European commission and in the Council of Ministers, with whom the parliament would have to negotiate the final TPD.

And the latest word is that these unelected, unaccountable bodies are once again trying to sabotage the best interests of ex-smokers and the clearly expressed will of the people, represented in their parliament.
If they get their way, fewer smokers will quit, more will die, and cigarette and NRT markets will be the beneficiaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread