Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Congrats to Germany for an excellent result!

Congrats to France for taking it seriously and doing a great job.

UK - not so much... Anyway, we got plenty of traffic out there in the UK, it's just that X Factor and Miss Scherzinger's hair are clearly more important :(

All in all a good result, it will have generated a huge volume of traffic on the tags we needed promoted. Good work everyone.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Thank you, Julie! :)
Yes, I do realize that this nonsense will not stand up on appeal.

However, to my mind, it is quite useful to spread on Twitter the fact that Big tobacco welcomes (!) e-cig regulation *very evil grin*
with the link proving it:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/15/cnbc-ecigarette-ruling/3997641/

After all, the EU Presidency country Lithuania is beholden to Philip Morris (to the tune of 143 mil US$ investment by Philip Morris in Lithuania since 1993 - and remember that Lithuania is a tiny country with 3.5 mil citizens, so that is BIG money for Lithuania).
And guess who is pushing for the e-cig ban? Lithuania!

Honi soit qui mal y pense! :sneaky:

(English approx. : Oh what a nasty person you would be to think evil of this fact... (irony) )

Oh and if anybody thinks that I may play just a little dirty.... Well, guess whom I learned that from... guess who never misses an opportunity to play dirty.. including spreading outright lies... :sneaky:

Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
YESS!!!! German newspaper Handelsblatt has picked up on our tweets and the reason for our annoyance.
AND mentions that Big tobacco would LOVE e-cigs regulation!

http://www.handelsblatt.com/politik...soll-als-arznei-behandelt-werden/9224032.html

And look who is on page 2 :)
Does anybody know that lady? :D

Did I say that that link to USA today was great? Did I? Did I? - Woohooooo!

(why am I so happy? That is one positive article about vaping and the European vapers going against the proposed ban AND mentions that Big Tobacco has Big interest in an ecig ban. Compare that to the usual FUD crap... YES YES YES!!! )

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Wooo hoooo! Move over, Johnny Depp and Leonardo diCaprio, ECF has its very own celebrity! :2cool: :vapor: :2cool:
:lol:
And when I am rich and famous, you can say "I know this lady!" :D
And I wil invite you all to my yacht for champagne :D

But it IS a great feeling that the Handelsblatt (a newspaper that has approx. the reputation of the Financial Times) picked up on this issue.
AND published a positive article!
(instead of all the manure spewed in many so-called "publications")

Thank you so much for your support, dears! :wub:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
This just in: EU set to introduce draconian overregulation of e-cigarettes : European Conservatives and Reformists Group

A provisional deal reached tonight between MEPs and national governments on a new Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) will take the majority of e-cigarettes off the market.

European Conservatives and Reformists Group leader and shadow rapporteur on the directive Martin Callanan MEP said he could not support the agreement, which would enable the EU to ban ‘refillables’ (which comprise a large component of the e-cigs market), if only three EU countries ban them. It would also restrict all but the weaker e-cigarettes (20 mg/ml nicotine), and it would introduce burdensome new manufacturing provisions for nicotine cartridges that go beyond the safety measures needed to make then child proof.[....]

“The fight is not over. National governments and the parliament plenary must still endorse this deal. We will continue to fight for sensible and proportionate regulation of e-cigarettes.

“The EU keeps talking the talk on producing more sensible legislation. This legislation shows it clearly isn’t walking the walk. Thousands of e-cigs users have contacted me, and I will keep fighting for them until the last minute.”

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What these folks don't realize is that the vapers that are contacting them are the tip of the iceberg.
They are just the ones that follow what is going on.

When the average vaper out in the wild with no support finds their lifeline unavailable...
These folks are going to find out there are FAR more of us out there than they thought there were.

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
What these folks don't realize is that the vapers that are contacting them are the tip of the iceberg.
They are just the ones that follow what is going on.

When the average vaper out in the wild with no support finds their lifeline unavailable...
These folks are going to find out there are FAR more of us out there than they thought there were.

Well if all else fails, let's hope they'll be counted. Seems to me like we're gonna need every single one of us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Twitterbomb tonight

NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US
MAKE SOME NOISE, RAISE YOUR VOICE. WE have done it before and can do it again. LETS GET THE MESSAGE TO THE EU.
->Twitter Bomb December 17th -> #FreeVape and #EUvapesON
Info here: https://twitter.com/VapersOfEurope/status/412782664660168704/photo/1
and here : https://t.co/t1CSLsyOrY

Tonight 8 - 9 pm UK time = 21:00 - 22:00 CET

Hashtags for today:

#FreeVape #EUvapesON

just came in in German vapers forum.

I will be there :)

- before that, I will inform all the German speaking PRO and CON MEP's by e-mail about the fact that the e-cig regulation, as planned now, will

1. play directly into the hands of Big Tobacco .. remember Lithuania and Philip Morris. Philip Morris who... just "by chance" makes precisely the throwaway cartridges that the EU wants to proscribe for all of Europe ..
2. will cause mountains of plastic garbage all over Europe. Mountains of plastic garbage at the order of an EU law. Also for Germany. A country that is generally eager to protect the environment

Oh yeah?

*really evil grin* :sneaky:

.... naturally, the links on Big Tobacco connection by EU Council Presidency (Lithuania) will also be going out on Twitter tonight.

Just how stupid do they think we are? :sneaky:

- 143 mil US$ invested in Lithuania by Philip Morris since 1993 (- Lithuania has 3.5. mil inhabitants)
www.investlithuania.com/files/files/PDF/philip_morris_in_lithuania.pdf

Lithuania to expect more money for Philip Morris tobacco cigarettes:
Lithuania hopes to get payments for seized smuggled Philip Morris cigarettes | en.15min.lt

Altria to make e-cigarettes
Marlboro E-Cigarettes: Altria Group Inc to Make E-Cigarettes : Lifestyle : Design & Trend

--- link above does not open any longer .. but you can see the headline.. in its name...

Altria is marketing e-cigs now - NEW - info as of October 2013
http://www.timesdispatch.com/busine...cle_4e589ef6-ff24-54dd-bb9f-ff3bcdf114b0.html

Altria is Philip Morris
Altria Group - Marlboro Wiki

Last edited:

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Well done, dears! And thank you very much for your support! :wub:
I saw you :wub:

... going to bed now, I am dog tired. Sent off about 110 e-mail messages to the German-speaking MEP's today, with links and everything, got in late for the Twitterbomb and was busy there too.
Oh, how I would love to just live my life. - But as long as the EU bureaucrats want my death - there is no rest yet :( Or I will rest forever.. sooner than I would like....

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Ok, here we go, I just saw this:

https://twitter.com/VapersOfEurope/status/420968223488487424

Vapers of Europe
‏@VapersOfEurope
**** TWITTBOMB ****
10th January 20-21h GMT
#VapeMeet #AskVapers

Wether you can make it there or not show your support to #VapeMeet

Hashtags:

#VapeMeet #AskVapers

Date: Fri 10 Jan 2014

Time:
20:00 - 21:00 GMT = UK Time = London Time
21:00 - 22:00 CET = Central European Time = Paris Time

Time Zone Map: WorldTimeZone - Current time around the World and standard world time zones map of the world- 12 format

--------------------------------

Here is a Thunderclap from France

thndr.it/1koQ9R4

also for 10 Jan / 20:00 - 21:00 GMT = 21:00 - 22:00 Central European Time

-- anybody can support it (I did :) )

It says:
“Ni medoc, ni tabac, nos vaporisateurs personnels nous sauvent du tabac. Sortez les #ecigs de la #TPD ! #AskVapers Accueil

Not medicine, not tobacco, our personal vaporisers save us from tobacco. Remove the #ecigs from the #TPD! #AskVapers

- - oh, anybody looking for pictures, I tweeted a lot of them today :) (@anjaffm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread