Help with choosing a new mod I hate mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I mean that I thought his devices were all-in-one. I did a lazy google on the ones mentioned in the OP.
Ohhh xD but seems Op wants both a new mod and tank if i understand correctly that's why i directed him towards the nautilus for mtl (honestly it's the only one i've bought and i still love that thing) i recommend it to any mtl vapers i know lol.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Ohhh xD but seems Op wants both a new mod and tank if i understand correctly that's why i directed him towards the nautilus for mtl (honestly it's the only one i've bought and i still love that thing) i recommend it to any mtl vapers i know lol.

Right. He'll have to get both, either separately or as part of a unit. I prefer the Nautilus X for MTL, and I'd recommend getting the full Aspire Quad Flex Survival Kit if you can find it for less than $30 and the 4 ml extension kit along with it for about $5.

Sheilita

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
so I have a smok 22 and ileaf1

The Ileaf1 doesn't work it was like sucking juice through a straw (it gurgled) then it stopped I cleaned it out and replaced the coil twice

The smok 22 I'm burning through coils every 3-4 days using not too dark or sweet juice

I don't feel like learning to build my own coils right now

I'm not a cloud chest and I just quit smoking so most interested in mouth to lung

Any input would be appreciated
Go for simple is my advice:)
I am also vaping Mouth to lung and at the moment I am using:
- Joyestick Penguin (with 0.6 ohm coil)
there is a review about it:
Joyetech Penguin

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Right...ok...

Do you want the truth? Yes you do! :thumb:

Smok 22 is a 35-40 watt medium subohm vaping machine, not for MTL
iJust1 is a 50 watt 'pen' style for a similar vape to all the other subohm DTL pens.

With the 0.75 ohm coil, you can get less vapor, but there are two problems...
1. It's still not MTL
2. The 0.75 coils are close to the worst performing coils in the business.

Joyetech Penguin is not a 'pure' MTL vaping machine. I know @Sheilita has got it going that way, but I bought one at Vapefest UK and nobody I know can vape it MTL.

Even the little Joyetech AIO (eGo AIO, $15-$20) isn't quite on the money either.

The Eleaf Pico is a nice mod. The tank that comes with it (Melo III) is not great and certainly not pure MTL.
The Pico with a GS Air tank would work, but the flavor is not A grade.
The Mini Nautilus has better flavor, but the coils are usually a little more expensive.
The Nautilus 2 has a subohm coil option, but is really a MTL tank.

TBH or TLDR... (to be honest or too long didn't read)

Get an Aspire Zelos kit with the mod and tank (Nautilus 2).
If you can afford it... it's the path of least resistance.

Reactions: Letitia

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Hey, if you have been vaping awhile and tired of buying coils that only last a few days or week or so, sounds like you are about ready for an rebuildable dripper or tank maybe a squonker. Even if you buy prebuilt coils they last a several months just clean it when needed. With money you are saving get you a nice device that will last awhile. If you make your own it cost you pennies per coil. Once you make that leap you'll never go back.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If it were me, Eleaf 40w, Nautilus 5ml or Nautilus 2. 40w more than enough power, internal battery, easy to navigate, solid workhorse, pocket and purse friendly. Nautilus reliable and easy to aquire coils (buy authentic), good flavor. Keep it simple for now. Under 100.00.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I started with the Nautilus 2, I've tried the original Nautilus but I vastly prefer the 2 (except for filling size), but as a MTL vaper, I'm only filling it once or twice a day. That Nautilus X Survival kit looks tempting, too, however.

As far as a 2 batt mod, I've tried a few and my favorite remains the Tesla Nano Steampunk 120 by far, but that sucker is HEAVY, also has not the most fantastic battery door of all time, but I really really enjoy the vape, it's very smooth, and for the price you have some really great user options, when I researched it ppl were also saying it was good for TC which is something I have wanted since the beginning, since I will head that direction at some point soon. I started out with an IPV-5, sat well in my hand, not insanely heavy but not light, either. Quite inexpensive and a workhorse mod, I used to drop it all the time, like several times a week at LEAST and it never missed a beat. It is ugly as sin, however. (IMO). You might try looking in the mod forum for more recommendations and pics, and reviews/thoughts.

Best of luck! :)

Anna

Delasolbaltimore

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2017
If it were me, Eleaf 40w, Nautilus 5ml or Nautilus 2. 40w more than enough power, internal battery, easy to navigate, solid workhorse, pocket and purse friendly. Nautilus reliable and easy to aquire coils (buy authentic), good flavor. Keep it simple for now. Under 100.00.

I'm going to look into these recommendations. I did get a smok v8 in the mail today and it's better than the 22 (I forgot I ordered it)

I thought it might be helpful to go to my local vape shop to see these devices in person. They tried to sell me a smok alien 220w for 119.95

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'm going to look into these recommendations. I did get a smok v8 in the mail today and it's better than the 22 (I forgot I ordered it)

I thought it might be helpful to go to my local vape shop to see these devices in person. They tried to sell me a smok alien 220w for 119.95
AHAHAHAH no. i've seen vape shops trying to do the same over here (i'm canadian so prices are higher than usa)
I've seen the entire kit for like 80$ + free shipping online and that's 80 canadian dollars which is probably like 60-70 usd i'm guessing ?

Reactions: Letitia

Delasolbaltimore

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2017
AHAHAHAH no. i've seen vape shops trying to do the same over here (i'm canadian so prices are higher than usa)
I've seen the entire kit for like 80$ + free shipping online and that's 80 canadian dollars which is probably like 60-70 usd i'm guessing ?
That was without batteries also. I was shocked I can get it for $65 or so.....

Smok Osub baby 89.95 they are charging double of online. I do like supporting local business but charging double?!?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I think the Biggest thing you could do that would help would be to move to a VW Mod.

Maybe something like this...

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Base Kit

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Full Kit (GS Tank)

Being able adjust the Wattage gives you the ability to adjust the Hit you get for given Tank/Coil.

Delasolbaltimore

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2017
I think the Biggest thing you could do that would help would be to move to a VW Mod.

Maybe something like this...

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Base Kit

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Full Kit (GS Tank)

Being able adjust the Wattage gives you the ability to adjust the Hit you get for given Tank/Coil.

I have an eleaf ijustone or something and it isn't working didn't work good to begin with but not is useless after a few days so little disappointed with that brand and the online site I bought it from won't help me.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Look in local shop, you don't have to buy. I do occasionally buy juice locally to help keep them open. I can't help you with v8. I prefer mods that I control volts/watts.
You can't deny that alot of vape shops will try and sell you stuff you don't need at ridiculous prices like the example he gave us, sometimes they even pressure you into buying (happened to me on my 2nd shop). I myself don't mind paying a bit more if i feel satisfied from the services i get but paying twice the price is plain ridiculous. Although i mostly do like you and buy only juices and coils tbh i'll probably buy my next mod online if i can't find competitive prices.

Reactions: listopencil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread