help with clearimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to ce2 clearomizer and I love it but it only does about two refills before it ends up stinking and tasting like burnt filter ...Like metallic too.....how do I fix this BC I don't want to drip Constantly and the 510 tank hardly has any flavor ......any suggestions BC I really really love the TH and vapor production of it....when it actually tastes normal ..... I've been turning to analogs BC of this ...but when I had the fluxomizer it didn't do that except in a blue moon ....but the fluxomizer seemed messier to fill......any help from experts would be greatly appreciated ...

Temporal Fugitive

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Try using thinner juices in your clearomizers, that might help a little. But IMO you either have to clean 'em or toss 'em after the second refill :( which makes them a real pain the ..... There are plenty of options out there that are much easier to work with and give good vapor, like clear filler-type dual coils and LR cartos. LR cartos don't seem to last as long as dual coils, though.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Most people use plain Boge 510 normal stuffing cartomizers with 510 threaded devices. I also find these work best with thin juices. I use PG juices with 20% VG or less and I avoid juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment. On a slim 510 you use 3 ohm. On a fat battery or mod I recommend learning to use them on 3 ohm then you could try the hotter 2 ohm ones.

The clear cartomizers are for people who are willing to tinker with them. Some people have to remove the inner seal and make the notches a tiny bit larger so they don't pinch something. They like juices with 30% or less VG though they may work with some 50/50 juices. I don't use them.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Have to ce2 clearomizer and I love it but it only does about two refills before it ends up stinking and tasting like burnt filter ...Like metallic too.....how do I fix this BC I don't want to drip Constantly and the 510 tank hardly has any flavor ......any suggestions BC I really really love the TH and vapor production of it....when it actually tastes normal ..... I've been turning to analogs BC of this ...but when I had the fluxomizer it didn't do that except in a blue moon ....but the fluxomizer seemed messier to fill......any help from experts would be greatly appreciated ...

Where did you purchase the clearomizers? If it's from Got Vapes, post in their subforum. Or in the cartomizer subforum. You might get help there. I use them but just started and really can't offer any help. I'm still trying to figure them out.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re any stuffing cartos - you need to learn to fill them completely (18-24 drops per ml of capacity) with suitable juice, clean them up, then let them settle. I lay the filled carto on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit if stuffing is damp. Then I vape and I keep them damp. If you don't keep them damp you will singe them and that is a bitter burnt taste.

There are different brands of dual coil cartomizers and some are clear and some have stuffing. And many are too low resistance for slim batteries (too low ohms, too much current draw). I recommend you do not put any cartos less than 2.5ohm on slim ecigs.

MY advice - is learn to use simple cartomizers first and THEN try more exotic ones.

Last edited:
i think mine are like 2.4-2.6 or something and i have the ego-t battery....so i think thats like 3.4 volts or soemthing right?

I don't really undertand all that stuff...i mean I get the resistance thing, the lower resistance means more current is going through it...but isn't that what makes the vapor good? or is that just burning it off faster than it will wick back up??????

anyone had smoktech dual???? that vs clearo's....which is better

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think you still didn't answer the question about what PG/VG you are using so there is no way to answer whether your juice should be able to wick fast enough. (assuming wicks are not pinched under inner cap or notches). but I have never used them. I have only read things people have tried to do to get better wicking (besides using suitably thin juice).

Did you buy the old CE2's many had problems with or the new ones? probably the old ones. You could try the new one - Gotvapes calls them Deluxe Fluxomizers and elsehwere calls them CE3 or Smokymizer.

Last edited:

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
i think mine are like 2.4-2.6 or something and i have the ego-t battery....so i think thats like 3.4 volts or soemthing right?

I don't really undertand all that stuff...i mean I get the resistance thing, the lower resistance means more current is going through it...but isn't that what makes the vapor good? or is that just burning it off faster than it will wick back up??????

anyone had smoktech dual???? that vs clearo's....which is better

I use 2.4-2.6 Fluxos on a 3.7V Riva and they work great. You do have to use thin juices (I use 80/20) and you do have to mess with the cup seal to get them to wick better. I make the notch in the cup seal larger and on the newer XL's I only use the thin middle seal.

I did use the Boge 2.0 and 2.5 ohm and the smoketech DCC's and while they work well I found the performance inferior to well modded CE2's - YMMV. Also I feel that filling a fillered carto is more of a hassle than filling a CE2.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
.....I don't really undertand all that stuff...i mean I get the resistance thing, the lower resistance means more current is going through it...but isn't that what makes the vapor good? or is that just burning it off faster than it will wick back up??????.....

I use the top coil (ce2 style) cartos a lot. In my experience, they wick really well but won't keep up with multiple vapes, especially when using a thick liquid. My method of coping is to pick up my pv, take a couple of long draws, tilt it upside down and back up, take a couple more long puffs, then sit it back down for a few minutes. I also get off the button before finishing the draw which helps control the heat.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Did you buy the old CE2's many had problems with or the new ones? probably the old ones. You could try the new one - Gotvapes calls them Deluxe Fluxomizers and elsehwere calls them CE3 or Smokymizer.

CE2 and CE3/Smokymizers are not the same. The CE2 have the coil at the top of the carto while the CE3 have a bottom coil.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
my juices are 80-20
and I did actually start thinking it wasn't wicking fast enough because i'd turn it upside down and it would get one or two more draws before stopping....so maybe I need to get the ce3...i didn't know that the atty's were on the bottom....does that reduce heat or how hard you have to draw???

When the liquid in the tube starts getting below the cup area you need to flip it over as you did for a few seconds before each vape. This gets the wicks wet around the atty. Doesn't sound like your having wicking issues as the flip worked so just keep doing that before each vape.

Yea i guess....

heres another q though: I keep hearing "these are disposable" as if there is any other option....so are there some that aren't disposable?? I know that it saves the earth from teh many filters we would otherwise throw out but still I see it as if I could get something that would last longer and just keep refilling it, then it would just help the earth even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread