Help with coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I ordered coils for my t3s/mt3/gs-h2 off eBay. The ones I received the chimney was to fat to fit into the clearo. So I am stuck with these an wondering,what do they fit. Any help would be wonderful. I think protank2 is the same as the ones like I am using now.An I have used a protank mini 3 coils an these not them. Please help

Last edited:

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
the t3s coils will fit the protank 2 and 3, these aerotanks Kangertech Aerotank 2, Aerotank Mini, Aerotank Mega, Aerotank Giant, the emow.. i'm sure there's more.
The thing is.. the t3s coils are a bit longer at the base of the coil than the ones made for the clearomizers mentioned above. Not a problem though, they still work flawless. If you don't mind a really tight draw and don't use tank-cracking juices the t3s is the best fit of course and a decent atty.
Though the whole system is quite outdated by now.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
NO.....T3 coils don't fit into the protanks, there is a space ontop the silicone cap that will leak. The flange on the Protank heads is a ioda wider than the T3 heads. There is kinda of a fix of flipping a 2nd silicone cap upside down, it does work but you will cut through the upside down cap in time. T3 coils were getting harder to find when I shelved my T3's ages ago so I can imagine them being really hard to get now. Your best bet is to rebuild those T3 heads
Here's a couple pics of the T3 with a protank head in it and the flipped cap.
T3S%20with%20PT%20Head.jpg

T3S%20with%20PT%20Head2.jpg

Reactions: LeeLee26

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
NO.....T3 coils don't fit into the protanks, there is a space ontop the silicone cap that will leak. The flange on the Protank heads is a ioda wider than the T3 heads. There is kinda of a fix of flipping a 2nd silicone cap upside down, it does work but you will cut through the upside down cap in time. T3 coils were getting harder to find when I shelved my T3's ages ago so I can imagine them being really hard to get now. Your best bet is to rebuild those T3 heads

Nah brah, the question was what other atties will accomodate the t3s coils, not whether protank heads fit the t3s.
I would still like to maintain that the t3s coils fit the tanks i mentioned above, although the atty-cap doesn'tscrew down all the way. No leaks or issues though. I tried this:thumb:

Anyways... if you don't have an atty that fits these coils... don't buy one.
There's much better systems around nowadays.

EDIT: Or not.. my bad. I guess i misread the OP's post. sorry. Actually i'm squinting my eyes and i still don't quite get it.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I ordered coils for my t3s/mt3/gs-h2 off eBay. The ones I received the chimney was to fat to fit into the clearo. So I am stuck with these an wondering,what do they fit. Any help would be wonderful. I think protank2 is the same as the ones like I am using now.An I have used a protank mini 3 coils an these not them. Please help
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
I have
Nah brah, the question was what other atties will accomodate the t3s coils, not whether protank heads fit the t3s.
I would still like to maintain that the t3s coils fit the tanks i mentioned above, although the atty-cap doesn'tscrew down all the way. No leaks or issues though. I tried this:thumb:

Anyways... if you don't have an atty that fits these coils... don't buy one.
There's much better systems around nowadays.

EDIT: Or not.. my bad. I guess i misread the OP's post. sorry. Actually i'm squinting my eyes and i still don't quite get it.
They are coils that look just like the protank 2 /evod/mt3 But the chimney is to fat to fit in to the clearo. Wonder what these are for

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
the t3s coils will fit the protank 2 and 3, these aerotanks Kangertech Aerotank 2, Aerotank Mini, Aerotank Mega, Aerotank Giant, the emow.. i'm sure there's more.
The thing is.. the t3s coils are a bit longer at the base of the coil than the ones made for the clearomizers mentioned above. Not a problem though, they still work flawless. If you don't mind a really tight draw and don't use tank-cracking juices the t3s is the best fit of course and a decent atty.
Same size base. The chimney on top of coil is to fat an won't fit into any clearo I have. I can take chimney off an use a different one on it.Wonder why or what they are for

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hmm, okay. To be clear: What model atomizer do you intend to use the coils with?

So these coils have a protankish design.
When you say chimney, you mean the top part of the coil, the small tube, right?
And that doesn't fit the larger tube on the cap of the atty, because it is too wide?
That doesn't sound familiar to me.

If you could post a picture of the coils, i'm pretty sure I or somebody else can identify them.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Hmm, okay. To be clear: What model atomizer do you intend to use the coils with?

So these coils have a protankish design.
When you say chimney, you mean the top part of the coil, the small tube, right?
And that doesn't fit the larger tube on the cap of the atty, because it is too wide?
That doesn't sound familiar to me.

If you could post a picture of the coils, i'm pretty sure I or somebody else can identify them.
I am using them on a gs-h3 an a mt3 an yes thank you that's exactly what I am saying

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Weird stuff, I know EVOD BCC won't fit TS3 but not because it's to fat. That's the only coil I know of that looks the same. Maybe EVOD BCC's? Your GS-H3 says it takes BDC and MT3 takes EVOD so it should work in one at least. Guess just replace the chimneys with your old ones, they pop right off.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky

The coils I have won't go into the hole on the clearo. Plastic peice. They are way to fat to fit

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Weird stuff, I know EVOD BCC won't fit TS3 but not because it's to fat. That's the only coil I know of that looks the same. Maybe EVOD BCC's? Your GS-H3 says it takes BDC and MT3 takes EVOD so it should work in one at least. Guess just replace the chimneys with your old ones, they pop right off.
Yeah I will. both boxes kangertech. In April I ordered exact ones an they fit. Wondering if maybe kangertech messed up a batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread