• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help with Ego CE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamerhobo

Mar 16, 2015
how many coil wraps to use for the atomizer to extend the battery time .... i use 5 wraps and battery stay for almost 4 hours if i make more wraps is that will extend battery time and please can anyone explain the more ohmes the more time the battery will last .

thanks in advanced :D

* Battery Specs :
Ego CE5 650 MAH
AMP limit: 2.8-3.0A
Normal Voltage:3.6v-4.2v
Kanthal Wire 31 gauge

Last edited:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Yes, the higher resistance(ohms) your atty is, the less amps your setup will draw at the same voltage, and the longer your battery will last if you use it the same way as before. The performance will drop though and you might use it more to get the same effect and end up not getting more battery life anyway. Find an online Ohms Law calculator and you can check amp draws at different voltages and resistances, basically if you draw less amps your battery will last longer.

Here's a good ecig calculator with an ohms law calculator, coil building function, and battery drain function. Take some time, learn how to use it and it will help you out alot. Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

tamerhobo

Mar 16, 2015
thanks bacc.vap for your help but im asking about how many wraps... i use 5 is it good to make more wraps i know more wraps = more ohmes and same thing with the Kanthal Wire more thinner = more ohmes i use kanthal 31 gauge so is it good to do more wraps with the ego battery or makes no difference so my question is with 31 gauge how many wraps to use.

Last edited:

Mohamed Elhawary

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2014
Egypt
thanks bacc.vap for your help but im asking about how many wraps... i use 5 is it good to make more wraps i know more wraps = more ohmes and same thing with the Kanthal Wire more thinner = more ohmes i use kanthal 31 gauge so is it good to do more wraps with the ego battery or makes no difference so my question is with 31 gauge how many wraps to use.

let us say Inner diameter of coil equal 2 mm and Leg length for coil 5mm and your setup is single coil with Target resistance 2.4 then you should do 8 wraps
or you could do calculation by your self on the website that bacc.vap gave you but in coil wrapping section
in the website as you can see have a lot of stuff just do selection

Main page
Ω Ohm's law
Coil wrapping
Battery drain
mod range
e-liquid

direct link to coil wrapping section
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

tamerhobo

Mar 16, 2015
thanks mohamed for your help i tried both 5 to 9 wraps and still the battery drain fast is there any other way to make it last more i have the 2 Ego-CE5 battery and always on charge and its so boring i want that battery to last for a day not only 4 hours ...
here in egypt its hard to find anything the liquid is fake the Ecig is fake too no way to get anything :)

Salam tamer, if you're wanting more hours from your ego styled battery it simply wont happen! It has a tiny battery in there after all. You can change the number of wraps and the guage of the wire but you wont be seeing any noticeable difference. My recomendation would be to order a regulated box mod say the (Istick 50 watts~$50) maybe or the (Istick mini~$30) from websites like ( fasttech.com - cigabuy.com- focalcig.com) they will pass through customs in any country with no problem and these website ship free worldwide. If you use the istick for example with a clearomizer you can get 2-3 days of battery life if not more!! Thats something to think about, it might be about $50 but you won't have to replace it for a year or 2. Hope that helps my friend and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread