Help with ideas building Mod from a 2 D-Cell flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghh3rd

Apr 26, 2015
I've been studying batteries and chargers, and thanks to some tips have finally ordered some AW 18650 1600mah batteries from RTD Vapor, and a SysMax/NiteCore Intellicharger i4 V2.

I want to turn a non functional Brinkman 2 D cell aluminum flashlight into a mechanical mod. I know it'll be huge, but think it will be an interesting novelty. It has a nice plastic insert that currently houses an on/off button that I can fit a Fire button into, a nice screw on cap, and I plan to cut a chunk of black anodized aluminum I have to replace the plastic lens, to mount the 510 fixture.

I keep reading, and discovered that it would be a good idea to include a mosfet, so I can use a 'normal' size button with a lower amp rating.

I plan to use the two 18650 batteries in parallel for longer use before charging, and to double their 24 amp rating for an extra safety measure -- I'm only going down to .5 ohm, and don't think that I need 7.x2 volts for that. I think I'll be running about 25 watts at 7 amps with the .5 ohm tank. I like my son's EGO ONE and think this may perform about the same. Sound about right?

Any suggestion on the mofset I should choose for my configuration? If I ever did get brave enough to go down to .3 ohms, I would still be under 12 amps.

Oh, I also would like add a fuse - any suggestions on what I should look for? I read that there are resettable fuses - I take that to mean that the fuse would reset after a period of time?

Best place to get switches, battery holders, wire, etc... (wire - what guage would be best?) so many questions...

Thanks for any ideas.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread