Help with SMOK Alien 220w set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have previously been using a smok v8 baby stick using a TFv8 baby tank with an M2 coil. I just went out and bought an Alien 220w Mod which came with another TFv8 tank and a couple of coils. I loaded up the T8 coil and loaded up the batteries i bought and gave it a charge. Firstly I have been told that as long as I use a low output charger I should be OK charging the batteries using the USB on the MOD which seems to be true as they are charging at the exact same rate. The question I have as at the moment I really dont have much of a clue how to set the thing up. the little V8 stick baby kicked out some big clouds and big flavour. even on like 70w the MOD doesn't seem to deliver the same as the £30 stick. I must be doing something wrong. The T8 has 8 coils and can run up to 110w. the previous set up was kicking out around 30w and seems to be beating the mod on both flavour and clouds..... the user guide tells me how to access the settings but not what any off them do. I really dont know where to go. can anyone one give me a run through of how I should be setting up? I am after big clouds and big flavour. I vape straight to lung and basically want to blow out big fruity clouds!

thanks in advance. I have seen people hidden behind the clouds these mods are kicking out but just dont know where to start.

thanks again.
Nick.

Last edited:

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The T8 oct coils recommended best 60-80w. At 80w I get copious cloud and good flavor depending on the juice. Current juice I'm running 65-70w, like the taste better, still good clouds. A setting you may way to change is "soft-normal-hard" which determines how fast comes up to full watt power. Hard for faster/more cloud production. FWIW I'm using Big Baby Beast tanks but same coils (hold more juice)...

Thank you for the reply, I have been doing some serious testing this last few days and seem to have found my sweet spot! It seems to change depending on what juice I use and I am currently running on normal mode on 55w and blowing out some serious clouds and getting nice flavour too so happy all round, if I change out to another brand then upping to 60/65 seems to get better results. Sadly I cant get the big baby tank in the UK (could order onlie I guess) but since the TPD laws came to the UK the 2ml tanks are the maxi we can get but in all honesty the SMOK tanks are so easy to fill its no hardship to fill it up. I am really happy with the mod. I am going to invest in a rebuildable tank shortly and a set of tools and have a go at building my own coils as I loke the techi side of things. I will let you know how I get on.... the tank I was looking at does come with a larger tank too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread