Help with Smok Stick V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurkikohtau

Aug 18, 2017
Just bought a Smok Stick V8, had a problem with it out of the box.

Charged it, filled the tank with liquid, and it would not fire when holding down the button. The LED around the firing button blinked 4 times, the maunal states that this indicates a short or an improper ohm atomizer. However, I am using the 0.4 that came pre-installed.

I found a work-around and that it is ever so slightly loosen the tank from the base, so that there is a sliver of daylight in between the components. Now it fires but it "crackles" very loud and the vapour is rather hot (although this could be just a question of what I'm used to, I'm coming from a Liqua 1.8 Ohm thin vaping pen).

Is there anything I can do that will allow me to screw the tank fully onto the base and still have the unit function?

8uFWF7L.jpg

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
did you tighten the coil all the way in the tank ? Try opening it up and if it sticks into the tank and not the base it wasen't fully secured. Using it like this could cause more issues though , but if the tank does not wanna screw fully on the mod then it's most likely a hardware issue. If the latter is the case i'd bring it back to wherever you bought it.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You might try removing and reinstalling the coil. Don't ask me how or why this might work, but it often does.

You might also Redneck Engineer a cardboard donut disk to go between the tank and the mod.

That popping/crackling sensation is the Baby Beast coil heating liquid on a battery at full charge. The tank that comes with your device is a cloud machine. You are supposed to take a full lung hit, like breathing through a straw.

The coil may be flooding because you're not pulling hard enough to vaporize at the rate the wick is delivering liquid to the heating element.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome, @Kurkikohtau

Given your 2 concerns, I would suggest changing to another coil (hang on to the one you remove for now). Even though it came installed, it could be the problem. If the new coil works fine, vape on and trash the bad one. If not, take it and the coils back to the shop you got it from or to a reputable shop to see if they can help you out.

And keep in mind, at least on my Stick, the first several hits on a full charge seem to push more power or something that makes it crackle a bit before "settling in."

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread