help with terms/coil purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
im trying to buy this vaporizer as my first Joyetech eVic VT 60W 5000mAh Dazzling White [joy-evic-vt-60w-5000-wht] - $99.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes but it says something like VT mode - .05-1 ohm and VW - 0.15-3 ohm.

1. does that mean I can swap which ohms I want to use to smoke with just at a click of a button or something or does that mean I just need to use a certain atomizer to either smoke VT or VW and what is VT/VW?

2. it says it uses both Ni and Ti coils how do I know which coils to use and what ohms to use for the above question. would I be using the same atomizer like say 3ohms that's Ni and 3 ohms that's Ti or how does that work? I would like to simply purchase back up atomizers online just incase the stores here don't carry the ones I need ( typically they don't but with vape shops idk ).

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
don't think so, I asked what ni and ti was that's about it. so basically If im going to be using the VT mode I have to use Ni or Ti coils? and if using VW mode it must be the khantil coils? I also had 2 other questions now dealing with coils

1. it said something like the NI can reach 200F while the TI can reach 200-600F assuming based on the ohm of course. what does the temp deal with I mean like does a higher temp basically just give more vapor and hotter vapor where as lower temps give colder vapor and less of it?

2. what is the relationship with ohms? like is there a certain ohm I would rather want or is it all preference? I read somewhere that i'd most likely want something above 1ohm ( will have to find that article again )

I haven't bought it yet was planning to buy it on that site since it's free shipping ( guess it includes shipping for my state but I think the site you liked might have a low shipping cost regardless ) shipping here sucks.. typically $35-40 on shipping.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I haven't bought it yet was planning to buy it on that site since it's free shipping ( guess it includes shipping for my state but I think the site you liked might have a low shipping cost regardless ) shipping here sucks.. typically $35-40 on shipping.
Where are you located? Free shipping is only if you live in the USA (or US Territories).

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Ni can go past 200F, Ni200 is the name for Nickel wire - the purity. A higher temp gives you hotter vapor, cooler temp is a cooler vape. The resistance of the coil (ohms) and the watts or joules you apply will affect how much vapor they produce, along with the e liquid you use. The ohms are a preference, some like higher ohms above 1, some like lower than 1 which is subohm vaping.
From Joyetech - Resistance Compatibility - 0.05 to 1.0 ohm for VT Modes - 0.15 to 3.0 ohm for VW Mode
Ni and Ti have much lower resistances than Kanthal so they will be a very low ohm.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
don't think so, I asked what ni and ti was that's about it. so basically If im going to be using the VT mode I have to use Ni or Ti coils? and if using VW mode it must be the khantil coils? I also had 2 other questions now dealing with coils

1. it said something like the NI can reach 200F while the TI can reach 200-600F assuming based on the ohm of course. what does the temp deal with I mean like does a higher temp basically just give more vapor and hotter vapor where as lower temps give colder vapor and less of it?

2. what is the relationship with ohms? like is there a certain ohm I would rather want or is it all preference? I read somewhere that i'd most likely want something above 1ohm ( will have to find that article again )

Temperature Control takes VW vaping and fine tune it further, as in the end, the ending temperature at the coil is the major decider of flavor and vapor production, but it is also a safety regulation to control what particles are in the vapor aerosol. Dry cotton wick ignites at about 420F, Ni200 starts leeching into the vapor at about 550F or above, and melts at about 700 or 800F, Titanium Grade 1 has a higher melting point. So you set your Temp to 450F or so, the Evic VT in TC mode automatically sets itself for max watts, then reads the resistance increase in the wire as it heats up, gets close to set max temp and starts ramping power down or up to maintain temperature on the coil without scorching, burning, or creating harmful gasses in the vapor stream. When wicking is wet, its ignition point is higher, plus as liquid is vaporized and air flowing though, you get cooling from basic evaporation of the liquid which cools things down as well, so max of 600F setting you can get the same type of vape experience from a super-sub-ohm kanthal build at higher watts.

Relation to what Ohms you should run, in TC mode 0.1 to 0.3 ohms with Ni200 or Ti1 are good, about 0.15 to 0.2 optimal range. If you are Mouth To Lung instead of Full on direct to lung hitter, a 1 to 1.5ohm Kanthal coil at 8 to 15watts will do you well, if you are a lung hitter, a 0.5 to 1ohm coil at 20plus watts will be up your alley, lower your ohms on a kanthal coil means that the coil will or can run hotter than a higher ohm coil just you need more and a loose airflow, where I higher ohm coil runs best at lower wattages and with tighter airflow for mouth to lung.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
i live in Hawaii that is why shipping is so expensive. tried to use myvaporshop but they are out of stock unless i mod it which i honestly don't want to do at this point since im new. all this info is just mind blowing probably should of picked an easier model to start off with lol.

Does anyone know of a site with this model and coils to match along with a good variety of ejuices? looking for vapor rabbit brand. Can't seem to find a site for all 3. typically they sell 2/3 or 1/3 choices :/ just something to get me by for the first few weeks.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
i live in Hawaii that is why shipping is so expensive. tried to use myvaporshop but they are out of stock unless i mod it which i honestly don't want to do at this point since im new. all this info is just mind blowing probably should of picked an easier model to start off with lol.

Does anyone know of a site with this model and coils to match along with a good variety of ejuices? looking for vapor rabbit brand. Can't seem to find a site for all 3. typically they sell 2/3 or 1/3 choices :/ just something to get me by for the first few weeks.

Don't know about Vapor Rabbit, but you can try Ecigitty.com and thevapeshack808.com, they are both on the islands over there. Vapeshack deals mostly in their own brand of liquids, but they are decent quality, their Unicorn Tears is a nice coconut and pineapple O_O, always buy a 120mil of it when I order. Ecigitty is more focused on hardware with higher end juice line like ANML and such, still they got good prices, though showing right now they only carry the Evic VT Express kit (just the mod)

what i would recommend for you is to start off using vw mode and buying regular coils. unless you want to jump right into the game.

The coils that come with it are as follows: 1x nickel temp control coil and 1x titanium temp control coil. Because you are new to vaping there is a chance you may be allergic to nickel. About 20% of the population is apparently. I would say use the titanium coil. With titanium your coil should last quite a long time.
Your device should come with a user manual. Read over that like it has a secret prize hidden in the text. Check out this video on how to use it, if you havent already.

Now onto what ohms is. I could type it out and explain it, but ill link you to a video that explains it 1000x better than I ever could. HERE.

I hope this helps you out.

also good luck with shipping. i used to order plants from hawaii and shipping was free from my vendor. these packages were shipped by usps. they were quite heavy so contact the shop you will be purchasing your device from to see if you can have special shipping.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
we have vape shops here the problem is finding parking ( most are just small shops that lack parking in general because it's in a busy area ) some are simply just hard to find. there is actually a vape shop near my house about 2 minute drive however i can never find the place as there is no actual sign to where it is at. it's in some small shopping mall.

myvaporstore is selling it but i was just going to buy the parts seperately. it offers the same parts for sale for cheaper got almost everything for under $100 including juices and shipping and extra coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread