Helping the Homeless (dont know where to post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
I have sixty plus smokers. (I know by name over one hundred people that have no home)

I am starting with these four and expect maybe ten total in the near future.

I appreciate all the ideas but many do not understand the complexities of the lifestyle. For the most part your whole life is carried in a back pack. The camps are semi safe but they do get robbed.

When u live outside u often lose your stuff or it gets rained on. You get beat up for cell phone and shoes or food stamps.

If you lay down on a bench you get arrested for camping in a public park. If u fly a sign u get arrested for solicitation without a permit. If the general public doesn't want your camp where it is the police tag it and dump all your stuff in trash and you get arrested if u obstruct and interfere with official business.

When u get arrested the arresting officer leaves your backpackers at the curb.you again lose your stuff.

Some gals and guys drink or drug. Not all but some. They lose there food stamp cards. I d papers. Whatever just because they are stoned.

I could go on but u get the idea.

Cheap bats. Never more than one at a time so if u lose one brother Frankie brings a new one out. I am in the camps often. I also see all of these people at Matthews hope on Tuesday's and some on Thursdays.

I need chargers. i cant believe i forgot about chargers. Duh. (i only have one. Maybe ill give up a pass thru of mine. (geez i just got it last week.) and replace it later. LOl i never get to use my stuff its not just vaping. my wife often says look what we have and look what they dont have.. and gives it away..

I am overwhelmed with the care and support here.
I am sending $100 to the fund too on the 13th. I'm by far not well off and recently lost my own home and vehicles. The camps we visit had a spot for me just in case. LOL. They share what they have.

Today I gave a fishing pole to a man who has not fished in years but he was a pro. He cried.

Expect that response once we start handing out vaping supplies.

I am giving Eric an ego-t Bat and carts LR XL with juice Sunday.

Eric has cancer BTW

you have not enjoyed life till stuff no longer matters..

Be blessed.
You are loved deeply.. unconditionally.
Frankie

Oh yeah. I got the blessings from the head guy at the ministry. He loved the vaping idea. So I can do what I want now..

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
Evening again everyone.
Please if you want to donate money contact me, and if you want to donate supplies and extra bats contact Brother Frankie.
Brother Frankie and I will be working together next week to get everything ordered. If he knows what all he has coming in it will help us to know what we still need to order. If you have not read this whole thread please do so. You will see what we have planed. Our order will go out the week of the 16th. So still plenty of time to be of service. Happy vaping to everyone of you. God bless this forum, Brother Frankie and his many friends who are facing true adversity.

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
ok. my wife the nurse says last post for me for 30 hours. i will be in the hospital and out of commission for two days..

i am having some work done on my spine and will be under anesthesia then some heavy drugs.

i have been known to order multiple things on amazon, ecig venders, and multiple pizzas from different places because i forgot i already ordered.. (pizza stinks in florida BTW, im from NY) ... i also tend to flirt when im stoned on that stuff and dont remember (joke). not good for a man of the cloth..

so i will be on web restriction

ill be back and give an update ASAP

.. we have over 300 ML of juice being sent during the next week or so from some great ECF folks..

also some bats, pipettes, bottles, etc...

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I'd say don't discount those Christains too soon. Educate them about vaping. Set up a donation fund just for the homeless to replace their smoking with e-cigs.

Lots of Christians smoke and need to quit. Lots of Christians need to know about e-cigs. If you educate them on vaping, they will start to help knowing you are helping to save lives and in that, being a good witness for Jesus. You'll be helping the christian smokers and the homeless smokers alike.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Kudos BrotherFrankie and I would donate but I'm also running a program whereby the homeless are converted to vaping. In the last 6 months have had 48 people try vaping with an end success rate of 27. Donations provide the means to purchase the hardware (Kgo) and I donate the juice by way of DIY. I found the tank system to be very helpful when they were first starting- bought the materials and made them myself. Re: charging we give them 1 battery and when they know it's almost discharged they come back and receive a fresh one. The more responsible and proven clients receive 2 batteries. Good luck and here's hoping you have the same success that we have had with the program.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Kudos BrotherFrankie and I would donate but I'm also running a program whereby the homeless are converted to vaping. In the last 6 months have had 48 people try vaping with an end success rate of 27. Donations provide the means to purchase the hardware (Kgo) and I donate the juice by way of DIY. I found the tank system to be very helpful when they were first starting- bought the materials and made them myself. Re: charging we give them 1 battery and when they know it's almost discharged they come back and receive a fresh one. The more responsible and proven clients receive 2 batteries. Good luck and here's hoping you have the same success that we have had with the program.

That is fantastic. People need to know that they are cared for, and that is exactly what your program provides. Nice!!

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I try not to refer to my boxmod as an e-cig, but as a pv or my smokefreE-cig. I like the term "pv" better, but now that the electronics are becoming more commonly known most non-users call them e-cigs when asking questions about them. They work. They are cheap compared to cigarettes. Is anyone on this thread mechanically handy? I saw a good sale on box mod parts but someone would have to build them. Could any of the homeless in your group build them if they had the kits? Ask and see. Will check back in to see what is going on.......

I know I am new to this thread and please don't take this wrong because I quoted you. It is great that you are helping. I could also be concerned about nothing. But........they are homeless which like it or not makes them suspicious to many as it is and they would be walking around with something that kind of resembles a detonator. Just something to consider.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Happy Easter BUMP!! cutebunny.jpg

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
I know I am new to this thread and please don't take this wrong because I quoted you. It is great that you are helping. I could also be concerned about nothing. But........they are homeless which like it or not makes them suspicious to many as it is and they would be walking around with something that kind of resembles a detonator. Just something to consider.

You know, I didn't think about that. I get some interested looks when using mine but no hassle. I'd still give it a try because of the expense and the possibility of having it stolen or lost.

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
okey dokey now and a good morning to all!!

It was odd not having my computer or cell phone on for the weekend. I have dozens of PM's, Emails, texts, voice-mails, funeral requests, one wedding request, and hospital visits to take care of..

i also have "drunk dialers" to deal with. These are drunk/stoned/high folk that are homeless that call me thinking i am their personal butler demanding stuff. I used to let it bother me but now i just do not respond or block number for a few days.. i had 10 voice mails almost back to back from same guy demanding tupperware and a new bicycle. LOL

so, first my health..

I am fine. its not about me though. My back is that of a 95 year old. I have lived with chronic pain for most of my adult life and thought it was normal. My wife caught on (nurse) and i had emergency double fusion on my C-spine in 08 and now am working on my lumbar and thoracic areas. I will eventually get the major surgery but for now i am trying several rounds of new type injections in my spine.. these are not the typical epi's and they hurt...LOL i need two to three days to recoop from them as they make me feel like i have been kicked by a mule..

Clergy business

Easter (passover) are work days for us as are many holidays.. most call sunday a day of rest. For me it is a day of service. ya know, washing feet and stuff like that.. wink wink. so if i am not answering on days you have off its because we work different schedules..

All MEssages

I am going through list and will answer all. I just turned on computer for the first time since friday night. i did peek on my Kindle once and was yelled at by those put over me by caring family.

the plan from here

this week i will call Nikinic and see what we are doing with order and the best stuff to get..

Inventory i will keep a running inventory as equipment comes in. I will then post weekly what i gave out, what is left, and who received what so the integrity of myself and those involved will never be in question.

Helpers

Everyone that posted here is a helper. even if you cant donate or physically help just giving a pat on the back is alot. there is a verse for that but it slips my mind. If you pray, that is important. I know that many here are not Christians and I am not trying to convert you..(well, yes I am.. but not by doing anything other than letting you serve along side me and praying for ya)

There are a few folks here in the central florida area that have expressed interest in doing some leg work with me and for me. cool..

Pictures
i did not get out due to my health. I will start my rounds this afternoon as well as my regular ministry work. It piles up fast. I also go to school myself. (not easy for a 49.98 year old)

Personal

i am meeting so many nice people here.. what a blessing. Last night i sat poolside ( i live in a retirement community ) with an espresso and my Jazz Pipe.. What a nice three hours of peace and quiet vaping and meditating on what God has been doing. I am grateful for the workers He has sent.. I am grateful I can still walk.. I am blessed not to be smoking and am happy to taste, smell, and breathe better..

Ok, thats it for now. Its time to turn on the phone...

You all are loved and appreciated
Brother Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread