• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Herakles plus anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hi Joey,

I've never been a huge fan of subohm tanks personally. However a few months ago I bought the Kanger subtank mini just because people were raving about them. I found the vertical OCC 0.5 ohm worked great, albeit expensive. Not to mention I had to fire them at about 40 watts to get any flavor. Big drain on my batteries.

But part of the advantage of using an RTA is cost. A little wire and some organic cotton for a few bucks and you're set for a year technically. Anyway, the Kanger subtank comes with an RBA head meant for horizontal builds. It just wasn't working for me. Either constant flooding or dry hits. Mind you I use heavy VG (80/20) liquids. But what I discovered was that people were doing vertical builds in the RBA deck and everything turned around for me. Fabulous flavor and dense vapor at reasonably low wattage.

So my point finally :) I'm sure your Herakles will work just fine with the standard pre-built coils. However if you get an RBA with it, forget building them horizontally. Vertical coils are the way to go with subtanks. Hope this makes some sense.

Reactions: Joey Price

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
Amazing tank flavor is too notch....on par with the crown and tfv4. No rba sadly but you won't be disappointed. The baby brother herakles v2 is set to release soon if it hasn't already and it is supposed to be even better in terms of flavor due to it's shorter stature. I digress though... If the plus had an rba it would be my top tank for sure as I don't buy pre-made coils but for those that don't mind purchasing them it is definitely a top tier tank.

Joey Price

Jun 5, 2015
South Korea
Hi Joey,

I've never been a huge fan of subohm tanks personally. However a few months ago I bought the Kanger subtank mini just because people were raving about them. I found the vertical OCC 0.5 ohm worked great, albeit expensive. Not to mention I had to fire them at about 40 watts to get any flavor. Big drain on my batteries.

But part of the advantage of using an RTA is cost. A little wire and some organic cotton for a few bucks and you're set for a year technically. Anyway, the Kanger subtank comes with an RBA head meant for horizontal builds. It just wasn't working for me. Either constant flooding or dry hits. Mind you I use heavy VG (80/20) liquids. But what I discovered was that people were doing vertical builds in the RBA deck and everything turned around for me. Fabulous flavor and dense vapor at reasonably low wattage.

So my point finally :) I'm sure your Herakles will work just fine with the standard pre-built coils. However if you get an RBA with it, forget building them horizontally. Vertical coils are the way to go with subtanks. Hope this makes some sense.

I started vaping with a nautilus. Used that for about 4 months with an itaste mvp2. Upgraded from that to a istick 50w and a subtank mini. I wanted the stm so i could start building and get away from the coil heads. I for pretty proficient with building in the rba. My regular build was a twisted 26g. Used that set up for about 5 months. Now I'm using an istick 100w with 5 different rdas. My mutation x v2 seems to be getting used most lately. I had bought a billow v2 off of Auction. I was very disappointed. I paid authentic price and received a clone. I will no longer be purchasing hardware from auction or gmarket. The insulator melted like candle wax on my second build.. Fasttech has always been my trusty go to when I buy hardware. I will have to check out this theVapor website soon. Hopefully that have authentic hardware. It would be nice to order locally and get quick shipping. The prices are a little more than fasttech from what I see but with shipping from inside korea I'm willing to pay a little extra if they are authentic. Really looking forward to this herakles plus! I've watched to many youtube videos about it. The only thing that ive heard bad about it is it tends to leak for some people. Been researching already on how to mitigate that issue before I even get my vapemail.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Well it's great that there is so much different hardware for difference styles of vaping. Personally if I were to buy another atomiser at the moment it would be either the Serpent or the Bachelor. But that's because I like single coil - rebuildable atomizers. In my experience the pre-made coils just don't last very long. I'm also tired of the constant money pit vaping has become for me :)

Joey Price

Jun 5, 2015
South Korea
I have used it on my original istick 100w and my new cuboid. There was a tiny bit of space in the istick but it looks pretty flush on my cuboid. In all honesty I have boxed it. I'm a dripper. I'm looking for a tank or clearo that can put out like my dual 11 wrap 22g on a 3mm ID. Havent found one yet. I'm about to move into rtdas to see if I can find the experience shortly. That Wismec Theorem is calling my name. Lol

Reactions: Waddle

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Thanks Joey! I hear you but since I will be travelling this summer I was looking for something plug & play. I bought a few OOC coils for my sub-tank but they're not great. Waiting on the clapton OOCC to see if they're are any better. I purchased a Nectar rdta but lost in the mail (2 orders in a row gone MIA in the last month via China Post). The GeekVape Avocado was also purchased but cancelled due to a never ending restocking on FT. The Theorem looks pretty interesting. Not too sure about these new notch coils though and will wait for the reviews before pulling the trigger.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The avacado 24 looks extremely enticing: essentially a dripper AND a tank, easy single coil option, convenient top fill, 5ml capacity! If I'm not mistaken, this tank is a 'genesis style' atomizer; why aren't these more popular??

Well I guess they are a genny type atomizer. But most gennies use mesh and are notorious for leaking when laid on their sides. Real old school. These new RDTAs are meant for cotton builds, although you can still use mesh. There are also some other hybrids out there that use a "pinoy" style of wicking i.e. SS cable and cotton, or mesh and cotton. e.g. Black Wood

The new buzzword these days is RDTA, and there have been a few (e.g., Haze, Nectar, Fodi, Theorem, and of course the Avocado). The Avocado 22 has been delayed and delayed. You may be able to get it now. Don't expect the Avocado 24 before June at minimum. I'm not even sure if the Griffin 25 is in stock yet and it was supposedly released a couple of months ago. Geek Vape makes some nice atty these days, but their ability to bring their product to market is horrendous.

Last edited:

Ryan_K

Jan 28, 2016
Seoul
Hey guys,

Sorry for posting here :/

@Waddle, I got the taifun gt from hotcig along with a bachelor and cthulhu v2 tank. I've only had time to clean and use the taifun so far, and it's working well in TC mode on vtc mini. Using ss316L. You should maybe try HK post rather than china post. I got my order after about two weeks excluding restocking time.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hey guys,

Sorry for posting here :/

@Waddle, ... should maybe try HK post rather than china post. I got my order after about two weeks excluding restocking time.

I've tried them all over the last several years and none are consistent. They randomly choose to reject products from FT for no apparent reason. From now on I will consolidate orders and only ship via courier or Korean e-packet. Regular air mail is too hit or miss for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread