Herakles, Starre, TFV4, or other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Ok, I am an oddball vaper. Not liking intense heat and moist vape, I tried TC vaping as an alternative to coughing from heads in the .25 range. Then I tried a .50 standard coil in my Crown and voila, it was the compromise my throat was seeking. So. I am gonna leave TC out of the mix now.

By the way, I would not buy a Crown for TC usage. Those coils have all sorts of reliability issues.

Here is my question. Where will I get the production of the Crown with the tighter draw of the Arctic? Better coil for the Arctic?

My Atlantis V2 sits in the drawer because I dont want to feel like doing a shot instead of vaping.

Is it the Herakles or would that vape too hot? Starre, SMOK TFV4, or other suggestions?

Mod is IPV Li3 so its capable of powering any of these. I happen to like this mod and now trying to find the best tank option for production without crazy heat. And clearly, a massively juicy wet inhale ala Atlantis is a nogo.

Thanks again,
Mike

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have had zero issues with Crown Ni coils and I have burned through about 15 of them so far. If you want a tighter draw just close donw the airflow to the smallest setting, after the Crown the Starr,Heracles,TVF4, the Arctic comes in after a few more, I have 2 of them and they dont get much use anymore, not a bad tank by any means but just don't cut it for flavor for me.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
By the way, I would not buy a Crown for TC usage. Those coils have all sorts of reliability issues
Surprising to hear that. I have been using the Ni coils in my Crown for the past few months -- absolutely no reliability issues and I have switched the coil a few times. Where exactly did you here the coils had issues? Have you tried it yourself?

LooseWiring

Nov 30, 2014
To me, the Starre coils have the best flavor of all.

That said, the Pro is an over-engineered leak machine. The non-Pro is great but it doesn't have top fill.

If I could use the Starre coils in the Crown it would be perfect but the flavor on the Crown is seriously muted.

I have tried the Starre & Crown side-by-side with the same juice, coil resistance and the wattage/TC set the same. I could barely taste the Crown.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Ok, I am an oddball vaper. Not liking intense heat and moist vape, I tried TC vaping as an alternative to coughing from heads in the .25 range. Then I tried a .50 standard coil in my Crown and voila, it was the compromise my throat was seeking. So. I am gonna leave TC out of the mix now.

By the way, I would not buy a Crown for TC usage. Those coils have all sorts of reliability issues.

Here is my question. Where will I get the production of the Crown with the tighter draw of the Arctic? Better coil for the Arctic?

My Atlantis V2 sits in the drawer because I dont want to feel like doing a shot instead of vaping.

Is it the Herakles or would that vape too hot? Starre, SMOK TFV4, or other suggestions?

Mod is IPV Li3 so its capable of powering any of these. I happen to like this mod and now trying to find the best tank option for production without crazy heat. And clearly, a massively juicy wet inhale ala Atlantis is a nogo.

Thanks again,
Mike
Freemax v2 or v3 with 0.5 ohm coils, reliable, excellent vape, or vapeston ni

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
TVF4, baby.
Photo on 11-16-15 at 3.50 AM.jpg

Jimmy Go

Unresolved Status
Dec 19, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87