Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA.
Hey jmarkus. I actually have one sitting in my cart at StormyVaporCellar. The $200 for a real Ithaka isn't the issue by any means, its the 6 month long wait to actually get it which is why Im going with the Herc. So, did you order from StormyVaporCellar and if so, is there any significant lag time between when you placed your order to your expected delivery date?

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
i placed the order on stormys yesterday, got shipping this morning and its already making some moves. supposed to be delivered monday. i have a real ithaka, but wanted a second one as a backup. i do know that COV has some ithakas for sale on the site right now, leftovers from the prievous preorder as well as a ton of parts.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Hercs are as close to the Ithaka as the Terminators are to the Odysseus, and those of you who have used both know that you cant tell the difference when blindfolded...well, 'cept for one has a polished mouth piece and one is brushed :)

Hercs are amazing well built and deserving of the price tag. Psyched to see them hit Stormy's the other day. I got in on one of the first group buys ( I say that with a feigned cough as Rainbow is pretty adamant on it's "no group buy" policy, but there are some sly runners) and really wanted another.

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Do you know why they are so cheap? It's because they are made with low grade materials. I have 2 real ithakas and my buddy has the clone and I can say they are not equal. Mine vapes like a freight train and his gives a odd taste to the same juice I vape. I refuse to vape on it. Probably not made with high grade ss, enjoy the metal poisioning.

Ps- china does not have regulations on using harmful materials in products like this so be careful

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Do you know why they are so cheap? It's because they are made with low grade materials. I have 2 real ithakas and my buddy has the clone and I can say they are not equal. Mine vapes like a freight train and his gives a odd taste to the same juice I vape. I refuse to vape on it. Probably not made with high grade ss, enjoy the metal poisioning.

Ps- china does not have regulations on using harmful materials in products like this so be careful

Opinions are like ***- holes... everybody has one.... ;)

EDIT: Better check every SS pot, pan, bowl, spoon, fork, and container in your house.. Chances are, some are made in China.. Don't want you to get poisoned:... :)

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
SS is SS. if it's 304, it's 304 and within 304 specs... what I have found is that most of the clones are standard 304 or 316 (rarely). The legit ones are typically 304L or 316L which is surgical grade. This would account for any taste one might find. Myself personally, I can't taste a difference.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
SS is SS. if it's 304, it's 304 and within 304 specs... what I have found is that most of the clones are standard 304 or 316 (rarely). The legit ones are typically 304L or 316L which is surgical grade. This would account for any taste one might find. Myself personally, I can't taste a difference.

I like the quality of the SS used in my Rainbow MKB-TS and Terminator C.. It's not flimsy for certain, actually pretty heavy. The threading is smooth, and there's no difference in flavor compared to the SS used in the couple of GG UFS's I used to own. Here's a pic of my MKB-TS with a Terminator C using the GG Oddy to GGTS connector..(replaces the entire 510 base of the Term C)

I can't wait till Monday to play with some dual-coil action with the Rainbow Ithaka clone.. It's nice it comes with the DT mouthpiece and GGTS connector.. ;)

MKB-TSOddyFun_zps2248277b.jpg

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
my herc is on the way to my house, out for delivery. i too have had both gg and the rainbow copies and havent noticed any "taste" difference either. some people just don't like the idea of clones, which i get...but for those who can't afford them or spend the time tracking down an original, these are perfect. ill post some ithaka/herc comparison shots when i get it today.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
For those expecting the Rainbow Ithaka clone, there may be a gurgling issue which was addressed by Imeo by the use of a new nut on the rebuildable.. I seriously doubt the Rainbow has the updated nut, but there is a solution using a 2x2 O-ring...

Ithaka Tweak No Bubbles .6 ohms Duals - YouTube

May save some of us scratching our heads, and wondering why we can't get it not to gurgle... ;)

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
first impressions:

1. the center pin isnt as stable as ithaka's and become off center when tightening down the rebuildable part. just be sure to check the alignment before you start adding wick. i got mine pretty near center and working very well.

2. all pieces are interchangeable with ithaka

3. clear windows (kir fanis and others like it) fit perfectly

4. taste, vape are very very comparable

5. build quality is amazing, like the terminator

6. the hole through the center pin looks slightly smaller from the top making the draw slightly stiffer, making the adjustment from stiff to very stiff.

7. noticed that the center pin comes loose from the rebuildable part when removing from the base. seems to do it everytime, thinking that o-ring under the ceramic nut could help with that by adding a little more torque when tightening...not sure tho.

just loaded up my first tank, so this impression is very early...seems like a winner tho. no gurgle sounds yet and i didnt add an o-ring under the ceramic nut.

i also really like the brushed look. thanks to imeo for the great innovation and to RH for not messing it up.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread