Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

villarino1k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
I expect they are one and the same.
Rainbow positive post, I just spent about half an hour trying to get it centered in the ceramic housing, a tiny nylon sleeve where it passes under the nylon nut that secures the negative wire should help.

Soon I will have five Ithakas ( real and not real), three Terms, 3 MKB-TS' but I do believe that I defected yesterday, see below
996883_635141269843434_1246112484_n.jpg

DW, where did you get the nylon sleeve? To me, it seems like whats making mine crooked is the insulator on the center post. I took it out just to see if it screws in straight and it did, put it back on and it made it crooked again.

Dru_Duns

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Southern California
Just got my Hercules its a beast especially for the price got it in a Co-op but if you can afford a real Ithaka get one there available just saying

I love my real deals, but clones for the road or affordability I can't get too mad at you everybody should have access to a amazing vape ultimately whatever helps you quit smoking

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
So my one question is... Does the Hercules have that same glued on 510 connection on the base like the terminator? Went through a couple of those because it just snapped off whenever I dropped my term-c onto a hard floor =/

Yes... That's why many of us use them with the GG Oddy to GGTS base on the MKB-TS like designed by Imeo.. ;) Here's the difference between the Term C 510 base, and the Oddy to GGTS base.. Makes it like a hybrid with AFC.. :) The Hercules includes this connector already, along with the 510 AFC.

(Click to enlarge)

And one of everything together..

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
hmm, the 510 base seems like one machined seamless part, nothing seems glued or press-fit. maybe im wrong tho.

You have it correct, or I thought, still can't imagine more than one piece to it.
What version is that Term base from, here is a picture of one of my v1's
487408_636517009705860_1199299701_n.jpg

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've been using an Ithaka since they came out earlier this year, I've tried quite a few wick/ coil configurations and have settled on this one.
I take 4 pieces of 3 mm silica wick, 2 long and 2 short and remove 1 group of strands from each. then I add a short piece to the center of a long one and wrap the coil. The same with the other. I mount them side by side and then trim the over hang from the short pieces and remove yet another strand from each wick in the sides. This is what Imeo recommended in one of his video's,
I've been doing mine this way for months.
But tomrrow it will be dual micro coils with rolled cotton wicks since I now have more than one so I can experiment on something other than my everyday vape

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
You have it correct, or I thought, still can't imagine more than one piece to it.
What version is that Term base from, here is a picture of one of my v1's

The pic I posted is of a Hercules base... The Terminator's is glued or attached somehow from the 510 side.. Hence, the lip around the connector..

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
I'm curious how they are deemed junk as there is next to zero info on the Tobeco Ithaka clone. From what I have seen they are a closer match to the real GG one. I have one coming from FastTech so I can do a comparision. The problem is though rumor has it that they are not made by Rainbow or Tobeco, I shall see soon enough and will post it.

Yeah I too have a Tobeco Ithaka on the way in an Aussie coop, not sure why they are being judged as Junk with no one having one in their hands yet.
the superiority battle of my cheap clone is infinately better than you your cheap clone may have to wait ;)
All the images and info so far seem very positive.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Yeah I too have a Tobeco Ithaka on the way in an Aussie coop, not sure why they are being judged as Junk with no one having one in their hands yet.
the superiority battle of my cheap clone is infinately better than you your cheap clone may have to wait ;)
All the images and info so far seem very positive.

cant wait for your report...looks promising for 35 bucks!!!

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
regarding wick and coil. ive settled on a wick coil setup that seems to work very well...i like to call it the bowtie. 1 continuous piece of 2mm wick where both ends meet at the top of the cermaic making the top of the wick 4 2mm strands. the loops are snug against the base of the ceramic housing in the channels. seems to wick and perform great. it also stops any fraying or unwinding and i can pull the loops out and up for a really good cleaning and tuck them back in nice and neat.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I wouldn't trust a tobeco ithaka clone but you never know, maybe they learned from their mistakes with the ody clone.

I only paid 35 for my rainbow heaven ithaka clone and its great quality.

wow, howd you get that deal? $35?? i paid the svc price of 89.99...wish i waited on a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread