Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
I wouldn't trust a tobeco ithaka clone but you never know, maybe they learned from their mistakes with the ody clone.

I only paid 35 for my rainbow heaven ithaka clone and its great quality.

They havent. The Tobeco ones has been stateside now for a few two weeks at a few B+M's and at least one that has internet ordering Ithaca Clone - Vapor Solutions (which also has the SS version the put out).

They are inferior to the Rainbow Heaven ones. Im sorry if the word junk offends someone's purchases. Would inferior quality be less offensive? Tobeco makes inferior products (compared to Rainbow Heaven), which has been proven by more than one product and is the consensus of many, many people not just myself.

Meh, at the end of the day it doesent really matter. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. I avoid Tobeco as they have shown to be inferior, in my opinion. I would rather pay a little more for something I know is of better quality.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I was bored, and thought I'd try the "MrKrinkle " method of using no wicking at all in the juice channels of my Hercules. I usually do not like going down to 1.0 ohm, but I have a pack of 2.0 ohm ready-wires around, and said, what the hell.. I used two small pieces of XC-116 ceramic wick to wrap them around, and it is actually working pretty damn sweet.. :) No leaking at all, no dry-hits, and best of all, I will save $$ using less of the expensive XC-116... ;)

Last edited:

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Opinions are like ***- holes... everybody has one.... ;)

EDIT: Better check every SS pot, pan, bowl, spoon, fork, and container in your house.. Chances are, some are made in China.. Don't want you to get poisoned:... :)

im pretty sure they plate the center pin which is def not good and the foul taste is still coming from somewhere. its been cleaned and ceramic torched and still tastes like crap.

and no my pots pans and dinnerware are all made in germany, i make it a point not to buy from china when i can

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
im pretty sure they plate the center pin which is def not good and the foul taste is still coming from somewhere. its been cleaned and ceramic torched and still tastes like crap.

and no my pots pans and dinnerware are all made in germany, i make it a point not to buy from china when i can

Lucky you were not around a couple of years ago when Imeo only made the AVS and AFS from aluminum.. We had to practically beg him to start using SS, which to his credit, he did starting with the UFS.. I had a pretty nice collection until I grew tired of the BS and sold everything GG..

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
They havent. The Tobeco ones has been stateside now for a few two weeks at a few B+M's and at least one that has internet ordering Ithaca Clone - Vapor Solutions (which also has the SS version the put out).

They are inferior to the Rainbow Heaven ones. Im sorry if the word junk offends someone's purchases. Would inferior quality be less offensive? Tobeco makes inferior products (compared to Rainbow Heaven), which has been proven by more than one product and is the consensus of many, many people not just myself.

Meh, at the end of the day it doesent really matter. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. I avoid Tobeco as they have shown to be inferior, in my opinion. I would rather pay a little more for something I know is of better quality.

You may or may not be right, but that link is to an Odysius clone mislabeled Ithaka, so I'm not sure what that is supposed to prove :)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

The "Ithaka's" in the above link (Ithaca Clone - Vapor Solutions) are not Ithaka's at all but the Tobeco Oddy clones that we all love to hate. :oops:

skigro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Cross Plains, WI
wow, howd you get that deal? $35?? i paid the svc price of 89.99...wish i waited on a better deal.

I got mine through a co-op from buckys. I'm loving this thing. I picked up some polish so I'll be shining it up this weekend to match my mkbts.

8ujadyde.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374836304.465531.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374836304.465531.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,236
Last edited:

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I got mine through a co-op from buckys. I'm loving this thing. I picked up some polish so I'll be shining it up this weekend to match my mkbts.

8ujadyde.jpg

i think techno mentioned this, but if you switch out the air control ring on your mkbts with the one that came on the hercules, its a slightly thinner profile making it look even more slick. try it!!

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
a few items to share, first...the bowtie wick and coil:

the loops fit perfectly in the channels and sit tight just where the channels end. seems to work really really well.

next, i decided to take the knurling off my ithaka's control ring to make it smooth (i ordered a second control ring just incase i messed it up). it aint perfect, but i sure do like the look and can always switch back and forth from smooth to knurled:

Last edited:

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
would someone who has their herc kindly answer:

where does airflow come from?
is 510 bottom flush or have the lip like the terminator/nautilus
will the entire ceramic cup/metal threaded piece from the terminator fit into the herc base?

many thanks if someone can answer

- theres a cut in the center pin which allows air flow up through it if the air control is slightly to fully open. no air if air control is fully closed
- 510 bottom is flush (if i understand the question, otherwise see above about center pin cut)
- yes, the terms rebuildable part will fit into herc's basic feeding ring part, but youll need to switch the terms center pin assembly with the hercs to make it work with the hercs 510 air control base. the terms cetner pin just isnt long enough to reach down and make a connection through the air control piece.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
ehhh, give me a bit and I'll have a go :D

My favorite reviewer is in da' house... :) I posted this in another thread earlier today, but haven't tried it on my Herc yet... Be sure to post your results (or perhaps a short vid.. ;) ) Thanks!!

I checked my parts kit, and there is a long screw which fits the post, and a small O-ring.. ;)

ithaka_zps196e637a.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread