Sony 18650 vtc5 battery
Halo Black Calico juice

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It is a cool looking rig. I like it a lot. i think I will look for one of those. I take it is an unregulated mod? How do you stay safe with it?
Try ohmslawcalculator.com to help you stay safe with the mod. Using any good 20A battery, you should be very safe on any coil greater than .5 ohms. The calculator says, at full charge volts (4.2) and a half-ohm coil, you are making 35ish watts and drawing 8.4A from the battery. That's less than half the current capacity of a 20A battery and well within the safe zone. I vaped the identical mod for years, using .5 ohm built coils, and never got a warm battery, never mind anything near a vent.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
a real Kato Hammer ?

Yes, HCigar got their start making clones of highly expensive highly limited quantity mods. The Hammer was very popular back in the day, and Kato is the name of the original creator/designer of the mod. HCigar's clone of it was just about a 1:1 clone, a lot of their clones were just about 1:1, and about on par or better than the more expensive authentics, example the Atmoxani Nemesis that was cloned by HCigar, the clone had a better voltage drop and was more durable than the authentic at the time.

As far as the setup you have right now, nothing wrong with it, as stated the HCigar Cloned Hammer is a tank and very good quality, the Nauti coupled to it and a good decent 20amp battery, that setup will run for decades excluding new batteries, new coil heads, and maybe a replacement glass from uh oh moments.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
There is a guy on ebay that has one up for bids.
He has a start price of $50 and so far no bids.
He tried before witha start of $100 and got no bids.
You might want to check it out.
Yeah? Thanks for the tip. I always wanted one of those...

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
That looks very much like my go-to car setup for many years. I didn't use the Nauti, though. I build my own coils, so I used an Old Skool Fogger V2 :)

I thought I was the only one that liked the Fogger. :) A few months after the V5 came out, a local vendor was GIVING Them away (the V5). Although I hated the V5, I used it as spare parts to fix my V4. I still use it occasionally.

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread