Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I thought I was the only one that liked the Fogger. :) A few months after the V5 came out, a local vendor was GIVING Them away (the V5). Although I hated the V5, I used it as spare parts to fix my V4. I still use it occasionally.
It was the machine, back in the day :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
As far as the setup you have right now, nothing wrong with it, as stated the hcigar Cloned Hammer is a tank and very good quality, the Nauti coupled to it and a good decent 20amp battery, that setup will run for decades excluding new batteries, new coil heads, and maybe a replacement glass from uh oh moments.

Incorrect.
Using prebuilt coilheads on a mech is extremely dangerous.
Those coilheads are not intended ro be used with a mechanical mod.
Please dont advise or condone this.

Know your gear
Vape safe.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I had posted a thread about a stock coil that shorted out on me with a regulated mod. If I have been using a mech mod it could have been a disaster. I don't advise using stock coils with mech mods as the insulators are not reliable to prevent a short.

A RTA or RDA will have a peek insulator whereas the stock coils use flimsy rubber grommets that can melt or tear. I was using a 1.5 coil so I'm pretty sure it wasn't heat that melted and shorted mine out, but I suppose it could if it gets hot enough.

Last edited:

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I had posted a thread about a stock coil that shorted out on me with a regulated mod. If I have been using a mech mod it could have been a disaster. I don't advise using stock coils with mech mods as the insulators are not reliable to prevent a short.

A RTA or RDA will have a peek insulator whereas the stock coils use flimsy rubber grommets that can melt or tear. I was using a 1.5 coil so I'm pretty sure it wasn't heat that melted and shorted mine out, but I suppose it could if it gets hot enough.
What mod and tank were you using when the coil shorted out ?

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Incorrect.
Using prebuilt coilheads on a mech is extremely dangerous.
Those coilheads are not intended ro be used with a mechanical mod.
Please dont advise or condone this.

Know your gear
Vape safe.
What about using an 18500 battery with a “kick” instead of just an 18650 battery ?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What about using an 18500 battery with a “kick” instead of just an 18650 battery ?

You just asked me if there is a safe way to use improper coilheads on a mechanical mod.

The kick would offer some protection but come on.

Dont be in such a rush to use your new mech that you sacrifice common sense.

Why not just get a proper tank (you can get premade coils if you dont want to build your own) abd vape safely.
Take the extra time to learn about how to use a mech safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread