here comes the chinese genesis invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2010
$#%!#$%
thought the dud was the one and only? apparently it's coming hardcore...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/340776-coming-soon-gotvapes-near-you-2.html

personally i think it's great for those who do not want to spend $150-$250 on an atty or hybrid to try out the genesis style.. oh let's not forget the months of waiting after you pre-pay....

will the quality be as amazing as some of the boutique genesis? no.. but is spending 10% on the price worth 80% of quality?

i think so as long as 100% of the functionality is there.. and lets be real.. genesis atomizer is not rocket science in terms of how they work..

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
prediction:

people will go nuts getting all excited about these, orders will be placed....waiting will ensue...expectations will be built ....GV will swear that they are the end all be all to the vaping world....then they will arrive...GV fan boys/girls will issue forth glowing reviews for 2 days straight...then a few objective reviews will trickle in noting problems/concerns etc...GV will blame the end user...the end user will put up bad reviews on GV...badkolo's head will explode and expletives will follow ad infinutum on both sides

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
prediction:

people will go nuts getting all excited about these, orders will be placed....waiting will ensue...expectations will be built ....GV will swear that they are the end all be all to the vaping world....then they will arrive...GV fan boys/girls will issue forth glowing reviews for 2 days straight...then a few objective reviews will trickle in noting problems/concerns etc...GV will blame the end user...the end user will put up bad reviews on GV...badkolo's head will explode and expletives will follow ad infinutum on both sides

Been there, done that. No more.

But I did buy a Chinese DID clone (minus the hype) from another vendor and it works great. Dealing with SS mesh has it's own learning curve but for a first timer I found it pretty easy.

silversx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2010
$#%!#$%
I personally own a couple high end genesis type mods, but when I saw what is coming up to GV I got excited. There is always room in my stash for a couple of lower end genesis's ( always have a back up ) trips etc.

same here.. i have a z atty pro.. orion.. did mini.. although.. these days.. i honestly prefer my own recoiled vivi nova.. go figure.. 15 bucks vs wait how much you want for that "limited" zen?? :D

silversx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2010
$#%!#$%
NO WAY the Chinese are copying our designs again ????

I am SHOCKED

but then again.. all the gens now are copies of the original gen.. minus the design changes and number of holes or what not.. there really is no competition when china can leverage that kind of manufacturing power at a reasonable cost...

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
If intellectual property is so important in the vaping world, I don't understand why people are not patenting things then filing injuctions on the products?

It seems like people are throwing a new product out to the market to make a quick buck then getting mad when they're not protected. Right? Wrong? I dunno?

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
If intellectual property is so important in the vaping world, I don't understand why people are not patenting things then filing injuctions on the products?

It seems like people are throwing a new product out to the market to make a quick buck then getting mad when they're not protected. Right? Wrong? I dunno?

Some companies have ( Like US with Variable Voltage ) the one problem is the time it takes for a patent to issue ( avg 37 mo. ) BUT there is a new program that guarantees a 1 yr issue IF it is a valid application

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Chinese are notorious for making copies at cheaper prices, often at the expence of lesser quality fit and finish and poorer materials. And forget about customer support. Just look at the mid-level APV's from China and compare them to American products.

I hope that some of them do turn out to be nice functioning devices.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
prediction:

Forget Obama and Romney. You get my vote for El Prezidente!!!!! Amen. True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread