Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Your experience, like mine, seems to indicate forward progress in atomizer design over time, regardless of the country of origin. Good news for everyone getting into vaping now. The DID style rba's appear to be the pinacle of current design and operation.

The DUD is my first true RBA and unless I opt for a larger tank, I have no reason to switch to anything else. Now I just keep giving away my stockpile of clearomizers to friends and familily to get them started.

Pretty much the same sentiment here.

I have four of the DuD's in house, and have all of them working very well. I'll still want to get several more since I generally have at least four or five juices in rotation on any given day. Though I am considering holding off for a while to see what's around the corner that may have a better form factor on Provari Mini.

Though I have gobs of atty's, carto's, and clearo's on hand, these have quickly become my daily device.

As to the concern expressed by some regarding the metal used in the DID clone, I see far less risk of brass metal leaching from these than from the DUD itself. Unlike the DID, the DuD uses SS post and nuts rather than brass, and the chrome plating appears well done.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Aside from the need for an O-ring to help line up the airhole, and the crappy silicone gaskets, my DUDs have also worked quite well- and as rotohammer said, I totally agree that the Chinese are making as much forward progress-possibly more, in the scheme of things- as anyone else out there making PVs and mods.

Historically, I think 50% failure was a little too pessimistic- I would say 60-70% of DIFFERENT units that I have tried have worked, at least marginally, with no huge faults-I'm talking about EVERYTHING I have tried from China, not just RBA's and Mod units. I don't agree on the Vivi Novas, but I will agree to disagree. ;)

The materials quality, again, has gotten better over time, but is still not quite up to par with hand-built mods made in small quantities. Also, it is unrealistic to send back defective devices to china, whereas getting a defective Mod replaced or repaired is, in theory, an easier proposition.

Still wondering how I ...... off that person yesterday with my comment...guess it doesn't matter much tho. :)

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
First off, any device that is "Genesis style" is a knockoff. Second, once I tried the chinese version, I spend a few hours looking around for a higher quality unit. You can't get them. They're either out of stock, waiting list, or pre order. And outrageously expensive for what they are, relatively simple devices. Granted, having a stainelss steel model with glass tank would be nice, but I don't need mil spec tolerances. Just give me something I can use that doesn't leak and is reasonably well made.

Agree 1000000000% % mate ... Each one of them are copy's with a little twist ...so I can't see the hype here ... About GV ..well I can't say nothing really , apart from the fact that they are in business so they ave to do business ...like othersave did with Chinese knock offs .... And if we don't have these cheap Chinese stuff ..we will still be smoking stinkys ..cos no one would have gone to buy a $300 divice instead of $10 packet of sh\t we all used to inhale.... So lets all Vape and let Vape ...it's just great ;-)

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
And about the brass .... Wel I know that SS is a lot better and there are grades " but have you test which grade you have" not stating nothing here just a Q ? And what about the high end hybrids and attys with brass connections / center post and so on " I know it conduct better " but still is brass .... And a brass plated divice will last a bit to start worrying about it " by then the little money spend on it would have been enough .. We spend $15 on a vivi ..so..why not $30 for a Chi-Gen !! " wow cool name :laugh: .... So let's all enjoy this vaping ERA :vapor:

cornolio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
new york
My experience:
Been trying to get one of the high end rba's for a while with no success.but got myself a DUD when they came out and im impressed by it.i sorta knew they are gonna come out with more so i held off for a while.finally got one pre order of high end ones and gonna recieve it in a week and a half(fingers crossed)

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
My experience:
Been trying to get one of the high end rba's for a while with no success.but got myself a DUD when they came out and im impressed by it.i sorta knew they are gonna come out with more so i held off for a while.finally got one pre order of high end ones and gonna recieve it in a week and a half(fingers crossed)

the real did is as easy to get as ordering on a website. as a few other nice genesis atomizer (bliSS, cobra, z atty's, although the zattys are stocked much less

cornolio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
new york
the real did is as easy to get as ordering on a website. as a few other nice genesis atomizer (bliSS, cobra, z atty's, although the zattys are stocked much less

Been trying to get my hands on a ZAP for my provari.hopefully with these copies,demand will be lower(highly doubt it)but i already got a ihybrid coming so ill enjoy that first.where do i get the cobra?

silversx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2010
$#%!#$%
AGA Hydra - Rebuildable Atomizer - Stainless

30 bucks for a all stainless.. dam this one looks pretty good.. im sure fit and finish won't be near my orion or did mini but for 30 bucks this is a genesis i can toss around .. or have 3 with 3 diff juices.. think i will try this one as it looks very nice and it has a slide on cap instead of screw on so air hole placement will be easy

what? he got 200+ in one shipment? enough for everyone.. not just the makers friends and buddys and reviewers lol

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

30 bucks for a all stainless.. dam this one looks pretty good.. im sure fit and finish won't be near my orion or did mini but for 30 bucks this is a genesis i can toss around .. or have 3 with 3 diff juices.. think i will try this one as it looks very nice and it has a slide on cap instead of screw on so air hole placement will be easy

what? he got 200+ in one shipment? enough for everyone.. not just the makers friends and buddys and reviewers lol

The cap is still threaded. But the threads are longer, and the o rings are heavier. So it can be adjusted and still seal at the bottom.

chefmatthew

Aug 7, 2012
Central Florida

http://www.discountvapers.com/aga-hydra-rebuildable-atomizer-stainless/
I got a couple of these by mistake in an order, yup true story. I did call the company to get some more info on them and when I did I paid for them. I guess they were supposed to go to someone to try out to help decide if they should stock them. Well I tried one and it works great. I was lucky enough to have the threads line up the air hole with the wick and did I say it works great. There is a tiny little air hole but it is stainless so I drilled it out to 1.3 mm and now the draw is much smoother. I definitely would not hesitate to recommend these to anyone. They have all sorts of wick placement options and oh they work great.

Last edited:

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I heard a rumor once that China built a city and called it USA. That way all the products from there could legally say "Made in USA".

Actually, my dad (a WW2 vet) once told me that Japan renamed one of their industrial towns Usa because nobody would buy Japanese products. At least that's what Dad said.....

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Actually, my dad (a WW2 vet) once told me that Japan renamed one of their industrial towns Usa because nobody would buy Japanese products. At least that's what Dad said.....

We used to throw that story around when we were kids, back when "Made in Japan" was synonymous with "junk". If it didn't have periods after the U, S, or A, it was from Usa Japan. I guess it's the same story today, only the country has changed.

Zonablazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Sierra Vista, AZ
In the end the chinese knock-offs allow users to experience with similar experience to the high quality U.S. made. I've purchased numerous knock offs and they allowed me to play around inexpensively before I brought out the the big bucks to purchase a real did or cobra. The market will always be flooded with cheap knockoffs until U.S. made products can be made cheaper and faster. 9+ months of waiting time or trying to get your hands on a product that is constantly sold out is not helping the vaping community. Unfortunately, those companies making the awesome products will have to outsource (most likely to china) to keep up with supply and demand. Look at Zen and Ihybrid and GG. It's very hard to get some of those products, and when you can they are either very expensive or overpriced by people who were able to score one and take advantage of those that couldn't.

IMHO if you are willing to purchase a $140 atomizer and wait for it go ahead...if you want to give it a try before making the big purchase pay the $15 for a clone and see if you like it before you jump off the bridge. I've seen too many people here on the forums buy something that they waited months and months for, only for it to show up in the classies the day it arrives because they've moved on or got something else or tried a clone and found they didn't like it.

Personally, I would still be smoking today if it weren't for chinese knock-offs to try out before I made the jump and I'm sure many of you would too.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
In the end the chinese knock-offs allow users to experience with similar experience to the high quality U.S. made. I've purchased numerous knock offs and they allowed me to play around inexpensively before I brought out the the big bucks to purchase a real did or cobra. The market will always be flooded with cheap knockoffs until U.S. made products can be made cheaper and faster. 9+ months of waiting time or trying to get your hands on a product that is constantly sold out is not helping the vaping community. Unfortunately, those companies making the awesome products will have to outsource (most likely to china) to keep up with supply and demand. Look at Zen and Ihybrid and GG. It's very hard to get some of those products, and when you can they are either very expensive or overpriced by people who were able to score one and take advantage of those that couldn't.

IMHO if you are willing to purchase a $140 atomizer and wait for it go ahead...if you want to give it a try before making the big purchase pay the $15 for a clone and see if you like it before you jump off the bridge. I've seen too many people here on the forums buy something that they waited months and months for, only for it to show up in the classies the day it arrives because they've moved on or got something else or tried a clone and found they didn't like it.

Personally, I would still be smoking today if it weren't for chinese knock-offs to try out before I made the jump and I'm sure many of you would too.

I totally agree- The influx of Chinese advanced-user item knockoffs is one of the biggest developments in the Ecig world in recent memory- and for many people (including you and me), it gives them a chance to take the plunge into rebuildables without going broke.

There will always be a market for people who want more care and quality.
Whoever stays innovative wins in the end!

...And I agree with this too. It is always nice to have a device that's been hand-made with the best-quality materials and REAL engineering involved. In fact, I'll be vying for one of the iHy's tomorrow-which will be my first hybrid Genesis device. Should be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread