Here I go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I've been here off and on for a few years, and I'm back to e-cigs again. I've not been able to eliminate the stupid cancer sticks - I always end up going back to them. This is the first full day of me not smoking in a couple of years. I feel great! I have a certain "clean" feeling that I can't really describe. I'm usually vaping now and again, but the sticks are always there too. Not today! I have to get off of these things. They are completely disgusting.

I wrote down the reasons I wanted to quit and I reviewed them when I thought about a cig. It is a great feeling to not smoke. I try to remember that.

Initially, I got a few tanks. My breakfast time one was higher in nic. Kinda got me satisfied.

Good Luck!

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I did the exact same thing as you. I quit smoking a hundred times before I discovered vaping. Then I quit cigarettes and started vaping a year or two ago. Then I started doing both. Eventually I just quit vaping and smoked full time again, feeling guilty all the time about all that hardware and juice I wasn't using.

2 months ago I noticed I had developed a smoker's cough and I would cough constantly throughout the day. I realized at that point that my lungs were telling me they were at the tipping point and if I didn't quit now, it was going to be too late. I had to make a decision: quit for good or stop worrying about it. Just enjoy my smokes and go pick out a coffin.

To my surprise, it was ridiculously easy. I had no problems whatsover. I mean absolutely none. I was stunned. No cravings, no irritability, not even the desire for a cigarette. It wasn't this easy the last time I tried vaping. I tried to figure out what was different this time. I think I know what it was.

This time I quit mentally. You all know what it's like. Wanting that cigarette after eating, having a quick smoke at break, wondering if there is someone you could bum a smoke off of. You are THINKING about it constantly!! Kind of like waiting for vape mail and checking that mail box daily. This time, every time I thought about a cigarette I told myself I can't have them, so there's no point thinking about it. I would literally make myself think about something else. To my surprise, I suddenly realized that days would go by and I hadn't even thought of them. My wife was stunned at the difference. Previously, I would be grouchy and irritable until she couldn't stand it any more and would tell me "for God's sake go get a pack of cigarettes before I kill you myself". This time...........nothing.

So....... I think that not thinking about smokes prevented the mental withdrawl. But vaping prevented the physical withdrawl. I highly recommend it. Don't THINK about cigarettes and watch the difference. It also helps that I throw $11 into a pot every day and that's mine to blow on whatever I want.

Reactions: Skulcius

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Keep on taking things 1 day at a time. I just started vaping again about a week and a half ago, fell back to the ol' reliables and was content but the cost started to hurt the wallet. Bit the bullet and bought a new setup and have been loving it. Just the other day while at work I had a cigarette and immediately afterwards threw the remaining 5 or 6 smokes left out along with the lighter. The taste was what I knew them to be but I just didn't like that feeling I had afterwards. Sort of a dirty feeling, and the aftertaste was even worse. This WILL be the time I stop smoking for good.

I have a couple difficult times here and there but a few rips and I'm good. With the new mods they have out and tanks compared to a couple years ago, I have found the cravings get cured just as easily as they did smoking. Hang in there and don't beat yourself up over smoking the occasional cigarette, it's the ones you don't smoke that count!

Skulcius

Apr 19, 2016
Keep on taking things 1 day at a time. I just started vaping again about a week and a half ago, fell back to the ol' reliables and was content but the cost started to hurt the wallet. Bit the bullet and bought a new setup and have been loving it. Just the other day while at work I had a cigarette and immediately afterwards threw the remaining 5 or 6 smokes left out along with the lighter. The taste was what I knew them to be but I just didn't like that feeling I had afterwards. Sort of a dirty feeling, and the aftertaste was even worse. This WILL be the time I stop smoking for good.

I have a couple difficult times here and there but a few rips and I'm good. With the new mods they have out and tanks compared to a couple years ago, I have found the cravings get cured just as easily as they did smoking. Hang in there and don't beat yourself up over smoking the occasional cigarette, it's the ones you don't smoke that count!
What mod did you pick up looking to upgrade myself!

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Great replies all. It's been a few days now and like another post mentioned, I haven't had any cravings. This time, for some reason, I'm having no problems. I love this stuff! Don't miss the sticks at all. Just ordered some new hardware - still have plenty of juice for now even though the potency has dropped. (Some of the 24mg juice I have dropped to just over 18mg). Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread