Here's a pic of my polypropylene tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
I wanted to let you all know that these syringes have a perfect 5/8" id, and they fit worderfully on standard end caps. Syringe Only I got 12 of them for $4.80, free shipping. If you're careful, you can get 2 tank tubes from each syringe.
Which size syringe is 5/8? Assuming you mean 12cc, right? Please let us know. $4.80 shipped for 24 tanks worth of tubing is great!

Last edited:

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Darn, I have some 12ml syringes left so thought I'd use them up before ordering the polypropylene tubing, but the grommets fit very tight making them a pib to refill by syringe filling or otherwise.
Well that's why many of the grommet tanks out there come with a little hole for filling. The hole is closed with a thumb screw. See the Submarine at momandpopsvaporshop and the M1A1 at notcigs for example. I didn't have too much trouble just using the syringe for filling. I didn't try the 12ml syringe as tubing though, that might be tighter.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
All 12ml syringes are not the same size. That's why I pointed out the ones I bought. :)
Darn, I have some 12ml syringes left so thought I'd use them up before ordering the polypropylene tubing, but the grommets fit very tight making them a pib to refill by syringe filling or otherwise.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
All 12ml syringes are not the same size. That's why I pointed out the ones I bought. :)

Do you have any pics of the tanks you made with the syringe tubing?

It seems the perfect solution: medical grade polypropylene should be very inert.

I wonder if the MadVapes tank caps would work on that tubing. I have a 3ml tank coming from them, so I can measure it myself in a day or two.

mightypirate

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
virginia
So having made a couple tanks from materials from mcmaster (thanks to those that supplied them) I've come to the same conclusions others have found. Filling them can be a pita. After thinking about the issue to me the logical solution is an injection port. I'm an amateur mycologist, and have grown several varieties of gourmet mushrooms (nothing illegal). Back when I was dabbling around the cheap option was a dab of hi temp silicone. For a tank this won't work, I'd be afraid of the effect the juice could have on a toxic substance. So I went looking for a more professional solution and came upon this.

Heavy Duty Injector Port Heavy Duty Injection Ports for Mycology : The Mad Season, Mycobags & Mushroom Cultivation Supplies

At 75 cents it's cheap enough to try, but does anyone think this wont work and could give me a reason not to even bother?

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I will take a pic and post it later. I have a doc's appt. this morning.
Do you have any pics of the tanks you made with the syringe tubing?

It seems the perfect solution: medical grade polypropylene should be very inert.

I wonder if the MadVapes tank caps would work on that tubing. I have a 3ml tank coming from them, so I can measure it myself in a day or two.

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
Those injector port plugs are way too big.
If you have a good hardware store in your town, just go down and find some #4 screws like this or order online, along with the matching drill bit and thread tap, then drill and tap your own screw ports into the side of your tanks. That's what I've done.
I got my polycarbonate tubing in already from mcmaster and am waiting for my vinyl grommets and o-rings to arrive. I got my screws, bit and tap at the local hardware store. They will help you find what you need.
I haven't gotten the syringes yet, but will so I can have a few on hand if any of my juices ever crack a polycarbonate tank.

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
View attachment 75139

The longer tank on the left is a 12ml syringe tube. I have just started adding fill ports to my tanks using a 6-32 nylon screw. The grommets are the 5/8" dia.

Nice! That's exactly what I'm planning to do, but couldn't find nylon screws so went with what they had. Did you tap the holes after you drilled them?
I wasn't going to, but the guy at the hardware store said it would help and the tap was only $3.49 so I got one. The tap I got is a 6/32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread