Not open for further replies.

lowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I have polycarbonate.
I was just saying I do not use a dowel and it works okay.
I will say I have two of these and one will not cut straight for nothing.
If it's working fot you, lowboy, that's great. I have not had good luck at all not using a dowel with any type of tubing, polycarbonate or polypropylene. If you're cutting down the DCTanks, you really need a dowel inside because it has a much thinner wall.

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
I am making my tanks with the grommets, o-rings and polycarbonite tubing and have found that adding the o-rings makes the grommets too tight, so am not using the o-rings.
Loving the fill ports, though. I've been using the same Boge 3 ohm carto in a liquinator tank for almost 3 weeks now because all I have to do is remove the screw and add more juice as needed.
Maybe I just lucked up and came across a great carto with perfectly sized holes, but I do love the easy filling feature.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I am making my tanks with the grommets, o-rings and polycarbonite tubing and have found that adding the o-rings makes the grommets too tight, so am not using the o-rings.
Loving the fill ports, though. I've been using the same Boge 3 ohm carto in a liquinator tank for almost 3 weeks now because all I have to do is remove the screw and add more juice as needed.
Maybe I just lucked up and came across a great carto with perfectly sized holes, but I do love the easy filling feature.

The best O-rings are 1/2" ID 5/8" OD. That way the O-ring has a little room in the grommet to collapse. Makes the fit snug enough that no accidents happen, but loose enough you can easily change cartos when the time comes.

flint212

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2012
New York
Last edited:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Do you guys think this would fit in a 5/8 id tube? Amazon.com: Nylon 6/6 Shoulder Washer, 0.627" ID, 0.875" OD, 0.125" Thick, 1.245" Shoulder Diameter, 0.625" Length (Pack of 100): Industrial & Scientific

I know it's a little bigger but I'm assuming the tubing can expand to accomodate. I not too keen on the q slip join washer and would appreciate if anyone could post a picture of it on the tube.

thanks!

I don't think the carto would fit. You need 7/16" (0.4375") hole for a carto.

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
I don't think so. You need 0.4375" ID, 0.6250" OD. I searched, but couldn't find anything close enough. You might be able to find it, but I couldn't.

B00137RZS4

these come from smallparts.com

These may work. A boge LR carto is roughly 3/8" in diameter. The ID of this shoulder washer is .31" which is slightly smaller than carto's diameter, but should have some give, which also makes for a nice seal.
With the carto inserted, that should increase the OD of the washer from 1/2" to roughly .63", which should be a tight seal for the ID of the polytube at .625". At 2 bucks for 50 (but tack on $5 more for shipping), I'm giving it a shot. Will post the results later.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Can you post a P/N of what you ordered? I want to make sure I'm looking at the same thing. Thanks.

B00137RZS4

these come from smallparts.com

These may work. A boge LR carto is roughly 3/8" in diameter. The ID of this shoulder washer is .31" which is slightly smaller than carto's diameter, but should have some give, which also makes for a nice seal.
With the carto inserted, that should increase the OD of the washer from 1/2" to roughly .63", which should be a tight seal for the ID of the polytube at .625". At 2 bucks for 50 (but tack on $5 more for shipping), I'm giving it a shot. Will post the results later.

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread